福尔摩斯探案集 第2季第3集
诺伍德的建筑师
谢谢 乔治
Thank you, George.
在刑事专家看来
From the point of view of the criminal expert,
伦敦已经变成一座十分乏味
London has become a singularly odd,
有趣的城市
interesting city.
嗯 我不认为会有很多正派的市民
Well, I hardly think you'll find
同意你的看法
many decent citizens to agree with you.
对 对 我不应该自私
Well, well, well, one must not be selfish.
这对社会有好处
The community's the gain,
除了可怜的专家
and no one the loser say the poor,
无事可做以外 谁也没损失
unfortunate specialist whose occupation was got.
你一定是…
You must havebeen totally...
有前总统文件案…
There's the case of the papers of ex-President...
荷兰轮船"弗里斯兰"号♥的惊人事件
and shocking affair of the Dutch steamship Treesman,
后者险些害我们丧命
which very nearly cost us both our lives.
它们都成功解决了
Both of them great successes.
很抱歉 福尔摩斯先生不在家
I'm sorry, Mr. Holmes is not at home.
如果我现在见不到他 就会来不及了
If I fail to see him now, it will be too late.
很抱歉 我帮不了你
But I'm sorry, I cannot help you.
但事情真的很紧急
But it is a matter of the utmost urgency.
我已经说过了 年轻人 福尔摩斯先生…
I have already told you, young man, Mr. Holmes...
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes!
我一定得见你
Well, I must see you.
我跟这位年轻人说过你不在
I told the young man you weren't here,
但他不听我的
but he wouldn't listen.
对不起 真对不起 我几乎要疯了
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I'm nearly out of my mind.
我就是那个倒霉的约翰·赫克托·麦克法兰
I am the unhappy John Hector McFarland.
慢慢告诉我们你是谁
Now, tell us quietly and slowly who you are
有什么需要帮忙的
and what it is that you want.
你刚才只说了自己的名字
You mentioned your name just now
好像我应该认得你似的
as if I should recognize it,
但我确信
but I can assure you,
除了你是个单身汉
beyond the obvious facts that you are a bachelor,
律师 共济会会员 哮喘病患者这些显见事实外
a solicitor and a freemason and an asthmatic,
确实对你一点也不了解
I know nothing about you whatever.
你凌乱的衣服 随身带的那一扎法律文件
Your untidy clothes, sheaf of legal papers,
表链和不规律的喘气声
watch chain and your somewhat irregular breathing.
没错 福尔摩斯先生 你说的就是我
Why, yes, Mr. Holmes, I am all these things.
除此以外 此时此刻
And in addition, I am at this moment,
我还是全伦敦最不幸的人
the most unfortunate man in London.
要是您看过这份报纸的话
I mean, I've ready our newspaper...
还没看
Not yet.
如果您允许的话 麻烦您念一下
Then, if you would allow me.
昨夜凌晨12点左右
At about 12 o'clock last night,
下诺伍德发生一起意外事件
an instance occurred at Lower Norwood which points,
恐是严重犯罪行为
it is feared, to a serious crime.
一住♥宅♥背后的小贮木场起火
A small timber yard caught fire at the back of a house
该住♥宅♥属于建筑师约纳斯·奥德克所有
belonging to Mr. Jonas Oldacre, a builder.
火灾现场未见户主 令人诧异
Surprise was expressed at Mr. Oldacre's absence,
显然户主已失踪
and it became apparent he had disappeared.
检查卧室
An examination of his room
保险柜门已开
revealed a safe which was open,
现场有激烈打斗的迹象
signs of a murderous struggle,
一沉重的手杖
and a heavy walking stick
柄上沾有血迹
with stains of blood upon the handle.
正如我们…
As we...
我只求您不要离弃我
All I ask is that you don't abandon me.
我在伦敦桥站刚下车就被跟踪
A man has followed me from London Bridge Station.
要是我还没把话讲完以前他们来逮捕我的话
If they arrest me before I finish my story,
务必请您告诉他们给我时间
make them give me time
把全部事实告诉您
so that I may tell you the whole truth.
只要知道有您在外面为我奔走
I could go to jail happy
我可以高高兴兴地走进监狱
if I knew that you were outside working for me.
逮捕你?
Arrest you?
这的确太有意思了
This is really most gratifying.
你会因什么罪名被逮捕呢?
On what charge do you expect to be arrested?
以谋杀下诺伍德
Upon the charge of murdering
约纳斯·奥德克的罪名
Mr. Jonas Oldacre of Lower Norwood.
天啊
Dear me!
本报付印时
As we go to press,
案件已出现惊人的发展
sensational development shave been reported.
在火场灰烬中
Charred remain shave been found
找到被烧焦的残骸
among the ashes of the fire,
根据警方推测
and the police theory is that the victim
受害者被木棍击毙 尸体被焚烧灭迹
was clubbed to death and the body ignited.
现已查明奥德克先生
It is known that Mr. Oldacre
是夜曾接待来客
received a visitor last night,
该手杖已确认
and the stick has been identified
属于来访者
as belonging to that person,
伦敦一年轻的律师
a young London solicitor,
名为约翰·赫克托·麦克法兰
by the name of John Hector McFarland.
麦克法兰先生 我想问下 你怎么仍逍遥法外呢?
May I ask why you are still at liberty, Mr. McFarland,
既然表面上已经有足够证据
as there seems to be enough evidence
可以逮捕你了
to justify your arrest?
我和母亲同住在
I live with my mother,
布莱克希斯多林顿寓所
at Torrington Lodge in Black heath,
但是昨晚
but last night,
有点事要替奥德克先生办
having late business with Mr. Oldacre,
我在诺伍德一家旅馆住下来
I stayed at a hotel in Norwood.
福尔摩斯先生 我对此事毫不知情
Mr. Holmes, I knew nothing of this affair
直到今天早上乘火车回办公室途中
until I was on the train to my office this morning
看到报纸上您刚才听过的新闻
and read what you have just heard.
我立即看出自己的处境非常威胁
I saw at once the terrible danger of my position
就赶来把这件案子委托给你
and hurried to put the case in your hands.
哎呀 雷斯垂德巡官
Ah, Inspector Le Strade,
我们都在等着你呢
we have been expecting you.
福尔摩斯先生?
Mr. Holmes?
华生先生?
Dr. Watson?
约翰·赫克托·麦克法兰先生?
Mr. John Hector McFarland?
是的
Yes.
由于你蓄意谋杀下诺伍德的
I arrest you for the willful murder
约纳斯·奥德克先生 我现在逮捕你
of Mr. Jonas Oldacreof Lower Norwood.
等等 再等一会
Hold up, just one moment.
再等半个小时左右
A half an hour more or less
对你来说不会有什么影响吧
could make little difference to you,
这位年轻绅士正要给我们讲述
and this young gentleman was about to give us an account
这桩非常有趣事件的经过
of this very interesting affair,
也许能帮助我们把事情弄清楚
which might aid usin clearing it up.
我觉得弄清楚整件事再容易不过了
There will be no difficulty in clearing it up,
谢谢 福尔摩斯先生
thank you, Mr. Holmes.
不过 如果你允许的话
Nevertheless, I think with your permission,
我倒很有兴趣听听他的说法
I would be much interested in hearing his account.
好吧 福尔摩斯先生
Well, Mr. Holmes,
我很难拒绝你的要求
there's no denying that you have been
因为过去你给我们
of use to the force
帮过一两次忙 但我必须…
once or twice in the past, but I must insist...
我只请求您一定要听我讲
All I ask is that you should hear
而且明白我讲的绝对是真话
and recognizethe absolute truth.
我给你半个小时
I'll give youhalf an hour.
请坐 麦克法兰先生
Sit down, McFarland.
谢谢 雷斯垂德先生
Thank you, Le Strade.
我得先提醒你 你现在所说的话
We must warn you with what you say now
都会成为不利于你的证据
will appear in evidence against you.
请继续
Pray continue.
我必须先说明我对约纳斯·奥德克先生
I must first explain that I knew nothing
一点都不了解
of Mr. Jonas Oldacre,
虽然他的名字很熟悉
although his name was familiar to me.
很多年以前 我父母和他认识
Many years ago, my parents were acquainted with him,
但后来逐渐疏远了
but... well, they drifted apart.
因此 昨天下午大约三点钟
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表