Off he goes.
从此不见踪影
Not a sight of him since.
福尔摩斯
Holmes,
你得先吃点东西啊
you must permit yourself some food.
一定得吃
You must eat.
我现在匀不出精力
A present, I cannot afford energy
来消化食物
and nerve force for digestion.
嗳 如果你还想继续调查这件案子就得吃啊
Well, you must if you intend to pursue this case.
我感觉 我的朋友
I feel, my dear fellow,
这件案子将不光彩地以雷斯垂德
that our case will end ingloriously
吊死咱们的委托人来结束
by Le Strade hanging our client,
这对苏格兰场无疑会成为一次胜利
which will certainly be atriumph for Scotland Yard.
来了一份电报
There's a telegram.
新获重要证据
Important fresh evidence at hand,
麦克法兰罪行已定
McFarland's guilt definitely established,
奉劝放弃此案 雷斯垂德
advise you to abandoncase, Le Strade.
这是雷斯垂德自鸣得意的小胜利
It is Le Strade's little cockle-doodle of victory.
我们先吃早饭吧
Let's have some breakfast,
然后一块出去看看有什么可做的
and then go out together and see what we can do.
今天我觉得需要你的陪伴
I feel as if I shall need your company
和精神援助
and moral support today.
啊 福尔摩斯先生 华生医生
Ah, Mr. Holmes, Dr. Watson.
我想这次你们得承认
I think you will acknowledge
我们走在你前头了
that we're just a little in front of you this time.
请到这边来 先生们
Step this way, if you please, gentlemen,
我想我能彻底说服你们
and I'm sure I can convince you
约翰·麦克法兰
that it was John McFarland
就是本案的真凶
who committed this crime.
我们都讨厌自己是错的那一方
I don't like being wrong anymore than the rest of us do.
但是 一个人总不能
Still, a man can't always
指望事事如意
expect to have it his own way,
是不是这样 华生医生?
can he Dr. Watson?
这就是女管家放置
This is where the housekeeper left
麦克马兰先生手杖的地方
McFarland's hatand stick,
也是他作案之后必定过来
and this is also where he would have come
拿回自己帽子的地方
to collect his hat after the crime was committed.
现在看看这个
Now, look at this.
一个大拇指纹
A thumb mark.
正如我观察到的
So I observe.
带血的大拇指纹
A thumb mark in blood.
你知道大拇指的指纹没有两个同样的
You are aware that no two thumb marks are alike?
我听说过类似这样的话
I have heard something of the kind.
一模一样
Identical.
这是今天早上从麦克法兰手上取来的
And that was taken from McFarland this morning.
绝对是同一个大拇指印出来的
Definitely the same thumb mark.
这是决定性的
And that is final.
是决定性的
Quite final.
是谁作出这个惊人的发现的?
Who made this discovery?
是女管家勒克辛顿太太
It was Mrs. Lexington here
告诉我的警士的
who drew my Constable's attention to it.
我想
And, I suppose,
很可能这血迹昨天就在墙上吧?
there is no doubt that the mark was there yesterday?
嗳 当然麦克法兰会深夜
Well, of course McFarland could have crept out
从监狱里跑出来
of jail in the middle of the night
增加对自己不利的证据
just to strengthen the evidence against himself.
哈哈
Ha-ha.
你不会反对我到楼上转转吧?
Have you any objection if I take a stroll upstairs?
不 请便
No, none at all.
可是上面什么都没有
There's nothing up there, though.
情况看起来很不利 福尔摩斯
So many things look so bad, Holmes.
但这个证据中有一个十分严重的缺陷
But there is a serious flaw in this new evidence.
什么缺陷?
What's that?
昨天我检查门厅的时候
That thumb print was not there
墙上并没有血指纹
when I examined the hall yesterday.
雷斯垂德警官
Inspector Le Strade,
我觉得你的证据不充足
I cannot help thinking your evidence is incomplete.
你是什么意思呢 福尔摩斯先生?
What do you mean, Mr. Holmes?
我只是要说有一个重要的证人
Merely that there is an important witness
你还没有见到
that you have not yet seen.
你能引见一下这位证人吗?
You can produce this witness, can you?
我想我能
I think I can.
那么 请让他出来吧
Well then, do so.
我尽力而为
I'll do my best.
你有几个警士?
How many Constables have you?
能马上召集来的有三个
Three within call.
好极了
Excellent.
他们都是体型健壮
I assume that they are able-bodied,
声音洪亮的大个子吧?
large men with powerful voices?
他们当然是
No doubt that they are, yeah.
外面的小屋里有一大堆麦秸
In the outhouse, there is a quantity of straw.
请你们搬两捆进来
I would like two bundles brought in.
麦秸?
Straw?
再提两桶水
And two buckets of water.
水?
Water?
把东西都带到顶层平台上
Ask them to bring it to the top landing.
麦秸放进壁炉 往前一点
Straw, into the fireplace, a little bit in front.
两桶水放到那边 警官
Two buckets of water to that side, Constable.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes!
我不知道你是不是在跟我们开玩笑
I don't know whether you'replaying a game with us,
可以照直跟我们说 不用故弄玄虚
but surely tell us without all this tom-foolery.
我向你保证 雷斯垂德
I can assure you, Le Strade,
我做每件事都有完全理由的
I have an excellent reason for everything that I do.
华生 你点着麦秸好吗?
Watson, would you put a match to that straw?
警官 到时麻烦你用水把火扑灭好吗?
And Constable, will you sprinkle it with water?
现在 我们来看看
Now, we must see
能不能给你找出那个证人来 雷斯垂德
if we can find this witness for you, Le Strade.
先生们
Gentlemen,
你们跟我一起大喊着火 好吗 ?
would you please join meand we'll call a fire...
一 二 三 "着火啦"
one, two three... Fire!
"着火啦"
Fire.
我们还能喊得更大声一点
We can do better than that.
一起敞开嗓门大喊吧
Full voice, and together.
"着火啦"
Fire!
天哪
Good heavens,
警官 拿一桶水洒在麦秸上吧
Constable, a bucket of water on that straw.
雷斯垂德 请允许我向你介绍
Le Strade, allow me to present you
这就是本案失踪的重要证人
with your missing principal witness,
约纳斯·奥德克先生
Mr. Jonas Oldacre.
这是怎么回事?
What's this then?
你这些时候在干什么?
What have you been doing all this time?
我没有害人
I've done no harm.
没害人?
NO harm!
你想尽一切办法
You've only done your best
要把一个无辜的人送上绞架
to get an innocent man hanged.
要不是有这位先生的话
If it wasn't for this gentleman standing here,
说不定你就得逞了
I'm not sure you wouldn't have succeeded.
把他带下去
Take him!
让咱们看看这只耗子之前躲在什么地方
Let us see where this rat has been lurking.
这就是做建筑师的有利条件
Now you see the advantage of being a builder,
能给自己打造一个隐秘的藏身之所
he was able to fix up his own little hiding place
而不需要任何人帮手
without any confederate,
当然他那个女管家除外
save for that precious housekeeper of his,
我应该马上把她也放进你的猎囊 巡官
whom I should lose no time in adding to your bag, Inspector.
这些就是遗失的字据吧?
And these are the missing papers, no doubt?
显然如此
No doubt what so ever.
警官 把女管家找来
Constable, find the housekeeper.
你是怎么想到这个地方的 福尔摩斯先生?
How did you know about that place, Mr. Holmes?
当我对比这个房♥间
When I compared the proportions of this room
和楼下房♥间的比例时
with those of the room below,
我推测壁炉的墙是假的
I deduced that this fireplace wall was false.
奥德克虽然胆量过人
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表