that it was drawn upon a suburban line.
因为
Since nowhere,
只有在大城市附近
save in the immediate vicinity of a great city,
才会有接二连三的岔道
could there be so quick a succession of points.
假如他花了整个旅程的时间
Granting that his whole journey
来起草这份遗嘱
was occupied in drawing up the Will,
那必定是一趟快车
then the train must have been an express,
在诺伍德和伦敦桥之间只停过一次
stopping only once between Norwood and London Bridge.
没错 但这实在是太奇怪了
Yes, but it's curious, is it not,
一个人居然会以这么随便的方式
that a man should draw up so important a document
来写一份这么重要的文件?
in so haphazard fashion?
这说明他实际上
And it suggests that he thought
并不重视这份遗嘱
it was going to be of no practical importance.
这等于他同时给自己出了一张死刑判决书
Well, he drew up his death warrant at the same time.
这件案件对我来说还不是很清楚
This case is not clear to me.
走吧 华生
Come, Watson!
我们去哪呢 诺伍德?
Where are we going, Norwood?
不 布莱克希斯
No, Blackheath.
走吧
Come!
我儿是天底下最敦厚良善的人
My son's the gentlest creature on God's earth.
我绝不相信他会犯下
It's inconceivable he could even contemplate
如此严重的罪行
such a terrible crime.
他根本不认识这个人 福尔摩斯先生
He didn't even know the man, Mr. Holmes.
但你认识他 麦克法兰夫人
But you did, Mrs. McFarland.
多年以前的事了
Years ago.
我几乎忘记了他的存在
I'd forgotten that he ever existed.
我尝试去忘却
I tried to forget.
但要忘记像约纳斯·奥德克这样的人
It's impossible to quite forget
是不可能的
a man like Jonas Oldacre.
是的 我很了解他
Yes, I knew him well.
曾经 我们几乎订婚结为夫妇
At one time, we were engaged to be married.
谢天谢地我还有眼力离开他
Thank heaven I had the sense to turn away from him
跟一个也许比他穷 但比他更好的人结了婚
and marry a better, if poorer, man.
噢 请坐
Oh, please.
你丈夫最近去世了?
Your husband died recently?
他是一个宽容 温和的人
He was a kind man, gentle man.
他是和约纳斯·奥德克完全不一样的人
He was everything Jonas Oldacre was not.
然而 你曾经考虑过嫁给他?
And yet, at one time, you were prepared to marry him?
我说过我熟悉他
I said that I knew him well,
我越了解他
but the more I knew of him,
就越意识到
the more I came to realize
自己根本不清楚他的为人
I knew him not at all.
他会突然性情大变 还会恐吓我
He would change suddenly, would also frighten me.
在他性格里有阴暗的一面 福尔摩斯先生
There was a dark side to his character, Mr. Holmes.
想要制♥造♥痛苦的欲望
A desire to cause pain.
我自己的照片
My own photograph.
是送给他的第一份礼物
It was my first present to him.
天哪
Good heavens!
在我结婚的那天
That was how it was returned to me
他把照片弄成这样还给我
on my wedding day,
附着一张卑劣的纸条
together with a vile note
疯狂地诅咒我的家人
urging a curse upon my house
说他永远都不会原谅我
and saying he'd never forgive me.
不过 看上去他现在宽恕你了…
And yet, he does seem to have forgiven you...
毕竟他把自己的全部财产留给了你的儿子
after all, to leave his entire estate to your son.
我儿子和我都不要那个恶人的
Neither my son nor I want anything
任何东西 不管他是死是活
from that wicked man, dead or alive.
麦克法兰夫人 事实是
Mrs. McFarland, the fact remains
遗嘱已经拟好
that the Will was made.
我只不过不明白
I simply can't understand it.
为什么?
Why?
你有向儿子谈论过奥德克先生的事吗?
Had you ever spoken of Oldacre to your son?
也许提到过刚才告诉我们的事实?
I mean, perhaps told him what you've just told me now?
不 从未说过
No, never.
从来没有?
Never?
他看到了照片
He found the photograph.
先夫想轻描淡写说一下就算了
My husband tried to make light of it,
但他坚持要知道缘由
but he insisted.
先夫将部分事实真♥相♥告诉他 仅此而已
My husband told him something of the truth, that's all.
这孩子听了之后很不安吗?
And the boy was disturbed?
他很自然会心烦意乱
He was upset, naturally.
情况是这样的 麦克法兰夫人 警方可能会认为
You see, Mrs. McFarland, what the police might say is,
他听闻了奥德克先生对你的所作所为
that he had heard of Oldacre's behavior toward you.
自然会产生憎恨之心 犯下暴行
It would pre-dispose him toward hatred and violence.
该案对他的指控
And so that case against him would be
就有更强而有力的依据了
considerably strengthened.
不
No.
主在天堂俯视众生 福尔摩斯先生
There is a God in heaven, Mr. Holmes,
主终会惩罚这个邪恶的人
and that same God who's punished that wicked man
只争迟与早
will show in his own good time,
我儿手上确实没沾染过血污
my son's hands are guiltless of his blood.
请在这儿等我一下
Wait here, please.
福尔摩斯先生 华生先生
Mr. Holmes, Dr. Watson.
我们刚刚清理完毕
We're just clearing up.
这是我之前借阅的遗嘱
The Will as promised.
看 纽扣
Look, buttons!
裤子的纽扣
Trouser buttons.
很可能 你有带放大镜过来吗?
No doubt, you've brought your glass with you?
上面的名字是海安姆
The name is Hiams.
据管家勒克辛顿太太说 海安姆
According to Mrs. Lexington, the housekeeper, Hiams,
是奥德克先生的裁缝的姓氏
is the name of Mr. Oldacre's tailor.
想必燃烧过后的有机体残骸
Presumably, the organic remains
已经送去实验室化验了吧?
have been removed to the laboratory?
是的 医生
They have, Doctor,
虽然未必能派上什么用场
though they'll be of little use, I suspect.
这个倒霉的家伙早已烧成灰烬
The poor devil was no more than bone and cinder.
对凶手来说多么方便啊
How very convenient for the murderer.
虽然对奥德克先生来说可不怎么方便
Not I might venture for Mr. Oldacre.
虽然如此 巡官 好歹是骨头渣子啊
Nevertheless, Inspector, bones cinder.
谢天谢地 幸好他还穿着裤子
Thank heavens, he was wearing his trousers.
那根手杖的确是属于被告的
This stick belongs to the accused,
他也承认了
and he's never denied it.
他声称离开房♥子的时候
He says that he could not find it
找不到那根手杖
when he came to leave the house.
一面之词 福尔摩斯先生 一面之词
Says, Mr. Holmes, says.
我的技术人员在地毯上
My experts made out footmarks
找到两组脚印
of both men on the carpet.
之后有无数人踏足此处
And too much subsequent traffic
所以我基本上查不出什么来
to make any examination on my part worthwhile.
有两组脚印 福尔摩斯先生
Two sets of footmarks, Mr. Holmes.
没有第三者的脚印
None of any third person.
给你们布的又一个疑阵
Another trick for your side.
依我看 这些字据都是从保险柜里拿出来的吧?
I suppose all these papers are from the safe?
没错
Correct.
没有 没有任何东西
And nothing, absolutely nothing,
被移♥动♥过?
has been removed?
什么都没有
Nothing whatsoever.
如你所见 有一两封已经拆开
We have opened one or two, as you can see,
来检查里面的内容
to check the contents.
我可以看看吗?
May I check them?
当然可以
By all means.
我还得回苏格兰场办点事
I, myself, have business at The Yard.
对了 我想见一下女管家
Oh, and I would like to see the housekeeper...
她叫什么名字?
what is her name?
勒克辛顿太太
Mrs. Lexington.
她也提供不了什么新情况
She'll add nothing more to what you already know.
还是让我见见吧
Nevertheless.
我让她进来吧
I'll send her in.
难道这会成为
Could it be that for once
雷斯垂德有史以来第一次胜利?
Le Strade is on the right track?
我的所有直觉都指向一个方向
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表