Thank you.
福尔摩斯?
Well,Holmes?
我可不会让我的姐妹接受这样的工作
I should allow no sister of mine to accept such a situation.
杰夫罗·鲁卡斯尔
汉普郡温切斯特附近 铜山毛榉
这是我的仆人 托勒 他喜欢安全一点
That's my man,Toller,he likes to keep it secure.
但你能理解吧 亨特小姐
But you look apprehensive,Miss Hunter.
完全可以 鲁卡斯尔先生
Not at all,Mr. Rucastle.
太好了 太好了
Good,good.
你肯定是爱德华
You must be Edward,
我很期待见到你
I have looked forward to meeting you.
爱德华少爷
Master Edward,
这是你新的家庭教师 亨特小姐
this is your new governess,Miss Hunter.
看来你给亨特小姐准备了见面礼
Oh,I see you have a present for Miss Hunter.
干得好 好枪法
Oh,well done,good shot.
铜山毛榉?鲁卡斯尔先生
Copper Beeches,Mr. Rucastle?
全死了 亨特小姐 大部分都死了
All dead,Miss Hunter,mostly dead.
就是这里 进来 进来
Here we are,then,come in,come in.
托勒夫人 这位是维奥莱特·亨特
Oh,Mrs. Toller,this is Miss Violet Hunter,
她是爱德华小主人的家教
who is taking up the position of governess to Master Edward.
你好 亨特小姐
How do you do,Miss Hunter?
你的房♥间已经准备好了
Your room is all ready for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
现在去 托勒 把行李搬过来
Come along now,Toller,fetch the trunk.
亨特小姐 等你休息过后
Oh,Miss Hunter,after you are refreshed from your journey,
我带你去游览铜山毛榉
I'll take you on a tour of The Copper Beeches.
房♥子很大 鲁卡斯尔先生
The premises is certainly extensive,Mr. Rucastle.
是的 这么大的房♥子需要好好防护
Oh,yes,and the extensive premises need protection.
看 是不是很漂亮
Look in here,isn't he a beauty?
别害怕 亨特小姐
Don't be frightened,Miss Hunter,
它是卡罗 我的看门犬
it's only Carlo,my mastiff.
我称它为我的 但实际上
I call him mine,but in fact,
托勒是唯一能驯服它的人
Toller is the only man that can do anything with him.
他晚上就放它出来
He lets him loose at night,
上帝保佑那些置身它利牙之下的路人
and God help any trespasser he lays his fangs upon.
我们每天喂他一次 但喂的不多
We feed him once a day,and not too much then,
所以他总是很饥饿
so that he is always keen as mustard.
看在上帝的份上 亨特小姐
Oh,for goodness sakes,Miss Hunter,
晚上无故跨过这道门槛的话
under no pretext set foot across this threshold at night;
很可能会丧命的
it's as much as your life is worth.
鲁卡斯尔夫人马上就来
Mrs. Rucastle will be here shortly,
她会让你知道她有多么高兴
and she will tell you herself how delighted she is
你接受了这个工作
you are able to accept this situation.
你的待遇非常丰厚 先生
Your offer was a most generous one,sir.
可是 我还是对你们的要求很好奇
Though,well,I am still curious about the conditions.
你是说我小小的癖好?
My little fads and fancies,you mean?
是的
Yes.
其实没什么
But they're nothing at all.
我妻子特别喜欢一种颜色
My wife is very fond of a particular shade
铁蓝色
of electric blue,
她希望你早上能够在家
and she would like you to wear such a dress indoors
穿这样的衣服
in the morning.
但是我并没有这样的衣服
But I do not have such a dress.
但我们有
Ah,but we have one.
说到坐在这里 那里
As to sitting here or there
或者用任何方法逗你笑
or amusing yourself in any matter indicated,
不会让你感到不方便吧?
well,that need cause you no inconvenience,need it?
不
No.
你好 亨特小姐
How do you do,Miss Hunter?
很抱歉没去迎接你
I'm sorry I was not here to greet you,
微有小恙在身
a slight indisposition.
我想你现在已经好多了吧?
I trust you are feeling better now?
好很多了 谢谢
Much better,thank you.
我刚才在和亨特女士讲蓝衣服的事
I was just telling Miss Hunter about the blue dress.
是的 我想那衣服你穿肯定很合身
Yes,I think it would fit you very well.
我在想这案子究竟会是
I wonder what desperate circumstances
在什么样的恐怖环境下引起的?
could occasion such an appeal?
我曾想过七种假设
I have devised seven separate explanations,
每种都适用于现在我们知道的事实
each of which would cover the facts as far as we know them.
你更倾向于哪种 福尔摩斯?
Oh,and which one do you favor,Holmes?
目前为止还没有比较偏好的
At the moment,I have no favorites.
材料 材料 材料 没有粘土我没法做出砖头来
Data,data,data,I cannot make bricks without clay.
能远离贝克街的
Well,it's nice to get away from the fogs
乌烟瘴气太好了
of Baker Street now and again.
多么漂亮的小农房♥啊
What delightful little farms these are,
你不觉得他们清新美丽吗?
don't you agree,aren't they fresh and beautiful?
你知道 华生
You know,Watson,
我性格被诅咒了的一个表现就是
it is one of the curses of having a mind
每件事都要和自己研究的
with a turn like mine that I must look at everything
特殊问题联♥系♥起来
with reference to my own special subject.
但这不会让风景的美丽
Well,it doesn't make the scenery
有损一分一毫 不是吗?
any less admirable,does it?
你看这些零星散布的农房♥
You look at these scattered houses,
他们的秀丽给你留下深刻印象
and you are impressed by their beauty.
我看到它们时 心里涌现的想法是
I look at them,and the only thought which comes to me
总感觉它们非常孤立
is a feeling of their isolation
会使可能发生的罪行得不到应有惩罚
and of the impunity with which crime may be committed there.
我的天啊
Good heavens,
谁会把犯罪和这些可爱的老农房♥联♥系♥起来
who would associate crime with these dear old homesteads?
它们总使我充满恐怖之感
They always filled me with a certain horror.
这是我的信条 根据我的经验
It is my belief,Watson,founded upon my experience,
伦敦最卑贱 最恶劣的小巷
that the lowest and vilest alleys in London
也不会发生比这令人愉悦的美丽的乡村里
do not present a more dreadful record of sin
更恐怖的犯罪行为了
than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.
向我们求援的这位小姐
Had this young lady who appeals to us for help
要是住在温切斯特
gone to live in Winchester,
我绝不会为她担心
I should never have had a fear for her.
但危险在于这五英里之外的农村
It is the five miles of country which makes the danger.
这能说明什么 福尔摩斯?
What can it mean,Mr. Holmes?
恐怕没有足够资料 我们还不能下定论
We cannot theorize without data,I'm afraid.
请继续说 亨特小姐
Please,continue,Miss Hunter.
首先
In the first place,
总的来说
I may say that I have met,on the whole,
我没有受到
with no actual ill-treatment from
鲁卡斯尔夫妇的虐待
Mr. and Mrs. Rucastle.
但我很不放心
But I am not easy in my mind about them,
而且也不能理解
and I cannot understand them.
不能理解什么
What can't you understand?
为他们行为的辩解的理由
The reasons for their conduct.
我到铜山毛榉后 头两天
For two days after my arrival at the Copper Beeches,
生活很平静
my life was very quiet.
第三天 我吃过早饭下楼到绘画室
On the third,I went downstairs after breakfast to find
去找鲁卡斯尔夫妇
Mr. and Mrs. Rucastle in the drawing room.
鲁卡斯尔先生提到了那件衣服
Mr. Rucastle informed me that a dress,
把一件铁蓝色的衣服
an electric blue dress,
放在了我的卧室里
had been laid out for me in my bedroom,
要求我穿上
and asked me to put it on.
我照他说的做了
I did as he requested.
太棒了 亨特小姐 太棒了
Oh,superb,Miss Hunter,oh,quite superb.
你不觉得吗
Do you not agree?
再合身不过了
It could not be a better fit,
就像特地量身制♥作♥的一样
not if you had been measured for it.
请坐下 亨特小姐
Please,be so good as to sit down,Miss Hunter.
完美 太好了 真完美
Oh,perfect,I mean,it's quite,quite perfect.
坐这里 如果不介意的话 亨特小姐
Over here,if you don't mind,Miss Hunter.
看啊 看啊 多么漂亮
There,there,there now,excellent.
你觉得舒适吗?
Are you quite comfortable?
是的 谢谢
Yes,thank you.
你希望我在这里坐多久 先生?
How long do you wish me to remain here,sir?
一个小时 可能更久
Oh,an hour,perhaps,perhaps longer.
一个小时?
An hour?
但是 我保证绝对不会是无聊的一个小时
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表