All my instincts are one way,
事情另有隐衷
and all the facts are the other.
先生 你要见我?
You wish to see me, sir?
是的 勒克辛顿太太
Yes, Mrs. Lexington
这位是我的挚友及同事
this is my friend and colleague,
华生医生
Dr. Watson.
请坐
Do sit down.
如果可以的话 请容许我站着
I'll stand, if I may.
这房♥间让我觉得不太舒服
This room has no comfort for me.
你让麦克法兰先生进来的时候是9点半吗?
You let young Mr. McFarland into this house at 9:30?
是的
Yes.
当时我该好好考虑一下的
I wish that my hand had withered before I'd done so.
你在什么时候上♥床♥休息的呢?
And you retired to bed at?
十一点二十分
20 minutes past 11:00.
十一点二十分
20 minutes past 11:00.
你什么都没听到吗?
And you heard nothing?
我的房♥间在房♥子另一头
My room is at the far end of the house.
在火警响起前什么都没听到
I heard nothing until the fire alarm sounded.
就在那个时候
It was then, only then,
我意识到不幸的主人已经被谋害了
that I realized my poor master had been murdered.
勒克辛顿太太 据你所知
Mrs. Lexington, to your knowledge,
你的主人有仇人吗?
did your master have any enemies?
谁没有仇人呢
Every man has his enemies.
像奥德克先生这样的生意人
And a businessman like Mr. Oldacre,
也许仇家就更多了 是吧?
more than most, perhaps?
他是一位受人尊敬的绅士
He was a well-respected gentleman
一直独来独往
who kept himself very much to himself.
你对这些字据是否知情?
Do you know anything about these papers?
我对奥德克先生
I know nothing
的私人事务一无所知
of Mr. Oldacre'sprivate affairs.
警方在灰烬里发现的纽扣呢?
The buttons that the police found in the fire?
主人有三套衣服是由海安姆先生缝制的
My master had three suits made by Mr. Hiams...
两套在衣橱里
two are still in that wardrobe there,
第三套当天晚上他穿在身上
and the third he was wearing that night.
谢谢你 勒克辛顿太太
Thank you, Mrs. Lexington,
你非常很合作
you have been most cooperative.
你觉得她怎么样?
What do you make of her?
守口如瓶 依我看
Tight as wax, if you ask me,
但也许 这只是她一贯的作风
but then, perhaps that's her usual manner?
我知道一切都不对 我从骨子里感受到
It's all wrong, I feel it in my bones,
还有些重要情况是我们一无所知的
something... something has not come out,
而女管家是知道的
and that woman knows it.
福尔摩斯 能让我看看这些字据吗?
Holmes, would you like me to have a look at these papers?
一个人的银行账号♥所透露的信息
Well, a man's bank account can tell us
就和日记所泄露的一样多
as much as his diary.
没错
Correct.
谢谢 华生
Thank you, Watson.
没事的 警官
It's all right Constable,
我只是舒展一下腿脚而已
I'm just stretching my legs.
我会看着他们的
I'll watch them.
啊 警官
Ah, Constable.
你是本地人吗?
Are you a local man?
我在伦敦桥出生 先生 离这儿半公里
Born on Bridge, sir, not a half-mile from here.
太好了
Excellent.
你能给我提供一点当地的消息吗?
Then perhaps you can offer me some local knowledge?
我会尽力而为的 先生
I'll do my best, sir,
一定尽我所能
I'll most certainly do my best.
福尔摩斯
Holmes!
雷斯垂德确实说过字据都没有被动过吧?
Le Strade did say that no documents had been removed?
是的
Yes.
我也觉得他没动过
That's what I thought.
你有什么发现吗?
You've found something?
没有 一无所获才令我觉得很奇怪
No, it's what I haven't found that interests me.
比对过后发现
There are certain cross-references
确实发生过几笔交易 金额颇大的交易
to various deeds, valuable deeds,
但找不到凭证
none of which I can find.
但有一事相当明确
But one thing is clear:
我们有理由相信
Oldacre was hardly
奥德克先生的境况
in the affluent circumstances
并不是太富裕
we have been led to believe.
他的银行帐户余额所剩无几
His bank account was practically empty,
主要是因为过去一年里
largely because he had made several large payments
他开了几张大额支票给柯尼利亚斯先生
in the past year to a certain Mr. Cornelius.
麦克法兰先生实际上一无所得
Young McFarland would have inherited nothing.
此事大有蹊跷
This is of interest.
为什么一个退隐的建筑师
Why should a retired builder
会和这位柯尼利亚斯先生有这样的大宗交易呢?
have such large transactions with a Mr. Cornelius?
嗳 我们坐车回城
Well, let's take our cab,
看看能不能从他的银行账号♥里找到什么线索
and see what we can find out from his city bank.
一起吗?
You coming?
我想再多留一会
I'll stay here for a while.
诺伍德火车站
Norwood Station.
那么 你不打算和朋友
So, you're not going back to London
一起回伦敦了?
with your friend, then?
不 暂时先不回去
No, not yet, anyway.
希望我的存在不会给你造成不便
I do hope my presence doesn't inconvenience you.
顺便提一下 我应当警告你一下
By the way, I should warn you,
我发现有形迹可疑的人在大门窥视
I found an undesirable lurking about by the gates.
我看到他…
I saw him on...
形迹可疑的人
An undesirable?
一个流浪汉 勒克辛顿太太
A tramp, Mrs. Lexington,
流落街头的男人
a gentlemen of the road.
我什么都给不了他
He will get nothing here.
啊 你不认为应该对
Ah, you don't believe in
比我们不幸的人伸出援手吗?
supporting our less fortunate brethren?
我能养活自己 他们也理应如此
I work, so can they.
的确是这样
Quite so.
我在去克莱克斯顿的路上
I'm on my way to Croxton.
我已经流浪够了
I've done enough walking, I have...
走遍各个地方
To all kinds of places.
就留在这里吧
I'll stay put.
我曾在这里和朋友会面
I used to meet a friend of mine here.
噢 你可能会认识他 他是个海员
Oh, you might know him, he's a seafaring man.
阿哈 我知道有这么个人
Ah-ha I know him
和我一起睡了四晚的人 就是他
Shared my billet for the last four nights, he does.
之后他就一言不发地离开了
And off he goes, without even a word.
你听我的话
You take my tip.
和他撇清关系
Stay clear of him.
他是个骗子
He's a liar.
他可没有这样对待过我
He didn't strike me as such.
他去过那个大房♥子里 他去了
He goes up to that big house, he does.
他回来之后就瞎扯淡
He comes back here and tells some yarn
说和那里的老先生聊得很欢
about him putting out with old mans,
那位先生让他第二天再过去
and telling him to come back tomorrow
说是会给他一点食物
and they'll give him some grub
还有几件旧衣物
and some cast-offs for him.
嗯 这怎么算是撒谎呢?
Well, how is that lying?
因为 我的朋友
Because, my friend,
我也曾经去过一次
I already paid my call.
结果几乎被打死
I nearly got my lord on my back
说我厚颜无♥耻♥
for my insolence...
无礼之极
insolence.
也许他说的故事更讨人喜欢
Perhaps he told you a pleasing tale.
你是说
Are you saying,
一个醉酒的船员比我这个22军团的军士
that a drunken sailor has more to offer
还有办法?
than a Sergeant in the 22nd?
不 不
No, no.
他是个骗子
He's a liar.
他说 "无论我得到什么"
He says, Whatever I get, he says,
"我都会和你一起分享的 伙计" 他是这样说的
I'll share with you, shipmate, he says.
之后他就走了
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表