In fact,he had also told me
他在伦敦人生地疏
he was a stranger in London.
他说他来这已经三个星期了
He then told me he had been here three weeks,
而且还不给饭吃
and was being forcibly starved.
没饭吃?
Starved?
你问出他名字了吗?
Did you manage to find out his name?
克莱蒂特
Cretites.
从雅典来的
He was from Athens.
但是很不幸 我只问到这么多
But that was all I could discover,unfortunately.
要是再多给五分钟
Another five minutes,
我就可以打探出
and I should have wormed out
这整件事的来龙去脉
the whole story under their very noses.
再问他一遍 梅拉斯先生
Ask him again,Mr. Merlas.
就在这时 门开了
But at that instant,the door opened,
一个女人走了进来
and a woman stepped into the room.
他说 绝不
He says,"never."
再问他
Well,ask him again!
哈罗德 我再也不能多呆了
Harold,I could not stay away any longer.
索菲亚 索菲亚 索菲亚
Sophia,Sophia,Sophia!
好了 梅拉斯先生
That will do,Mr. Merlas.
你看
As you perceive,
我们没有拿你当外人
we have taken you into our confidence
才请你参与了我们的私事
over some very private business.
这里是五磅金币
Here are five sovereigns,which will,I hope,
我想作为酬劳足够了
be a sufficient fee.
但请记住 如果你对任何人透露今晚的事
But remember,if you speak to anyone about this,
只要对一个活人讲
one human soul,mind,well,
你的小命可就不保了
may God have mercy on your soul.
和去时一样 我上了一辆封闭的马车
As before,I was taken in a closed carriage
行使了大约两小时
for almost two hours.
我被他们丢下车 我才发现
There I was abandoned,as I was later to discover,
那是旺兹沃思荒地附近
near Wentsworth Common.
除了刚才对你讲的事情之外
I did not know where I had been,
我既不知所到何地
nor whom I had spoken with nor anything,
也不知和我谈话的是何人
saving what I have told you.
但我知道有人在进行肮脏的勾当
But I know there is foul play going on,
我想帮助那个可怜的人
and I want to help that unhappy man...
苍天作证 我会的
before God,I do.
迈克罗夫
Mycroft.
迈克罗夫
Mycroft!
啊?
Huh?
采取什么措施了吗?
What steps have you taken so far?
这是登在日报上的
Well,this was in all the daily papers:
"如果有任何人能提供关于
"Anyone having information as to the whereabouts
"某不通英语的希腊绅士
of a Greek gentleman
保罗·克莱蒂特的信息
named Paul Cretites,
"当予重酬
who cannot speak English,will be rewarded.
"另外 如果您能提供关于
As ever a reward will be paid to anyone
"一位名叫索菲亚的希腊女士的信息
having information about a Greek lady,
"也将获得报酬"
whose first name is Sophia,"
但是还没有任何回复
but no answer as yet.
希腊公使♥馆♥那边有消息么?
What about the Greek Legation?
我问过了
I have tried.
他们对此一无所知
They know nothing.
那就快发电报给雅典警♥察♥局
The head of the Athens police,then!
夏洛克是我们家精力最旺盛的一个
Sherlock has all the energy in the family.
你要用尽办法把案子查清
When you take up a case,by all means,
如果有好消息就告诉我
let me know if you do any good!
一定
Certainly.
梅拉斯先生
Mr. Merlas,sir.
如果我是你
I should be extremely careful,
我一定会加倍小心
if I were you,but of course,
因为他们一看到这些广♥告♥
through these advertisements,
就会知道是你出♥卖♥♥♥了他们
they'll know that you've betrayed them.
噢
Whoops.
走路当心点
On your way.
在我看来 那个希腊姑娘很明显是
It seems to me obvious that this Greek girl has been
被那个叫哈罗德·拉蒂默的年轻英国人
carried off by the young Englishman,
给拐骗走的
Harold Latimer.
从哪拐骗来的?
Carried off from where?
可能是雅典
Athens,perhaps?
不不不 这个哈罗德·拉蒂默
No,no,no... this Harold Latimer
不会讲希腊语
cannot speak a word in Greek.
那个女孩英语讲得很流利
The girl speaks English fairly well,
这么说来 她应该在英格兰待过一段时间
inference that she has been in England some little time,
而他没去过希腊
and he has not been in Greece.
谢谢你 杰克森小姐
Thank you Miss Jackson.
好吧 那让我们假设那个女孩
Then,let's presume that the girl
来英格兰游玩 而那个哈罗德
was visiting in England and that this Harold
劝她和他私奔
persuaded her to fly with him.
这个可能性更大点
That is more probable.
然后她的哥哥 应该是她的亲戚
Then the brother,that must be the relationship,
从希腊前来干涉
comes over from Greece in order to intervene,
他们看到了他
they see him,
用武力强迫他签下一些文件
use violence to force him to sign some documents,
把女孩的财产转移到他们的名下
making over the girl's fortune to them.
他可能是财产的受托人
He's probably the trustee.
然后 就像我们听到的 他拒绝签字
This,as we have heard,he refuses to do.
至今仍不妥协
So far.
那些人不会善罢甘休
But these men will not stop now.
不论发生什么 我们都必须找到他们
Whatever happens,Watson,we must find them.
怎么找?
How can we?
如果我们的推测没错
Well,if our conjecture is correct,
这姑娘的名字应该是索菲亚·克莱蒂特
and the girl's name is... or was... Sophia Cretites,
要找到她应该不难
we should have no difficulty in tracing her.
那是我们的主要希望
That must be our main hope.
因为他哥哥在城里没人认识他
The brother,of course,is a complete stranger.
进来 夏洛克
Come in,Sherlock.
进来 先生
Come in,sir.
你没想到我有如此精力 是不是 夏洛克?
You don't expect such energy from me,do you,Sherlock
嗯?
hmm?
你是怎么来的?
Now,How did you get here?
你们在电报局的时候我赶过了你们
I passed you while you were in the telegraph office.
我登的广♥告♥有回复了
I had an answer to my advertisement.
就在你们离开不久
It came within a few minutes of your leaving.
有什么消息?
And what effect?
是用宽尖钢笔写在淡黄色纸上的
It is written with a Jay pen on royal cream paper
写信人是个身体孱弱的中年男人
by a middle-aged man with a weak constitution.
"阁下 鉴于您今天登报所提及的女士
"Sir,in answer to your advertisement of today's date,
"我很荣幸告知您
I beg to inform you that I know the young lady
"我对她非常了解
in question very well.
"欲知详情 请到鄙处一坐
If you should care to call upon me,
"当能告知
I could give you some particulars
"她过去痛苦的经历
as to her painful history.
"她现正在贝克纳姆之默特尔兹
She's at present at Memerkle's Beckinum.
"此致敬礼 杰·达文波特"
Yours faithfully,Jay Davenport. "
是从下布里克斯顿寄来的
He writes from Lower Brigestone.
我们现在何不到那
Do you not think we should drive there now
去把详情了解一番?
and learn these particulars?
我亲爱的迈克罗夫
My dear Mycroft.
她哥哥的生命
Her brother's life is more important
比妹妹的故事更加重要
than the sister's story.
但是我们得先去苏格兰场
But we should call at Scotland Yard
找格雷森警长
for Inspector Gregson
然后直接去贝克纳姆
and then go straight out to Beckinum,
要知道 那人的性命正危在旦夕
where we know that a man is being done to death,
我们要争分夺秒
Every hour maybe vital.
要不要顺便去接梅拉斯先生?
Better pick up Mr. Merlas on the way?
接他干吗?
Why?
因为我们需要一个希腊翻译啊
Because we may need a Greek interpreter.
说得好 华生
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表