剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
Okay, get in there.
可以了 端过去
Well, can I have a tray?
有托盘吗
Get the soup! The soup!
快去盛汤 汤
She's new. Very new.
她是新来的 刚来
Good work, January.
干得不错 新来的
Pick up something.
收拾点东西进去
Don't never make a trip,in or out,without something in your hand.
进出都不要空手
Grab that!
那个拿着
Mildred,
穆德莉
You're short 35 cents on table five.
五号♥桌少了三十五分
What?
什么
Personally, Mildred,
穆德莉 我个人认为
I don't think you're suited for it.
你不适合这份工作
And Mr.Chris was not a bit impressed.
而且克里斯先生对你也不怎么满意
But the chef thinks you'll do,
不过主厨觉得你还行
so we're giving you a trial.
所以我们要试用你
Well, please thank Archie for me
那劳烦代我感谢阿奇
and tell him I hope I won't disappoint him.
说我不会让他失望的
Your hours are 11:00 in the morning, 10:30
上午十一点开始上班
if you want breakfast,
想在这里用早餐的话十点半过来
to 3:00 in the afternoon.
下午三点下班
We don't do a big dinner trade,
晚餐生意不太好
but most girls are on call twice a week,
大部分女侍一周倒两次晚班
five to nine, same wages as daytime.
晚上五点到九点 和白班工资一样
And we're closed Sundays.
周日不营业
You'll need white shoes.
你要弄一双白色鞋子
Ask for nurses' regulation at any of the stores, $2.95.
就是店里卖♥♥的护士穿的那种 两块九毛五
What's the matter, Mildred? You don't want the job?
怎么 不想干还是
I'm a little tired, is all.
只是有些累 没别的意思
I don't wonder, the way you trot.
看你小跑的样子就知道
Hold still, Ray! I can't do it if you keep squirming!
蕾 别动 你老乱动我没法儿弄
'Cause it's hurting!
你弄疼我了
Mrs. Gessler, do you know the name
斯乐太太 你知道
of Catherine Earnshaw's immortal beloved
艾米莉·勃朗特的《呼啸山庄》里
in Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights?
凯瑟琳·欧肖的真心爱人是谁吗
I can't say I do, Veda. It's quite famous.
维黛 这个我不知道 很有名的
Will you girls be all right
妈妈和斯乐太太说会儿话
while I speak to Mrs.Gessler?
你们要乖乖地哦
Yes, Mother.
妈妈 知道了
Now hold still.
别乱动
He phoned around 9:00, saying
他九点左右打电♥话♥来 说
he had a hurry call that might keep him out.
有急事 可能回不来
Didn't see him till 10:00 this morning.
直到今早十点还不见人影
Sure, all in his line of business, but just the same.
没办法 都是生意上的事 每次都一样
Lucy, can I borrow $3?
露西 能借我三块钱吗
More, if you want.
你要的话可以多借一点
No. Thanks.
不了 谢谢
I just need a few things.
只是要添置一些东西
I've taken a job.
我找了一份工作
A job? What kind of job?
工作 什么样的工作
Just a job.
就一份工作
Then I hope for your sake you picked a $5 house and not a two.
我是真心希望着你能找一份好点的工作呢
I'm a waitress.
当服务员
In a hash house.
在一个小餐馆
Sort of rhymes up the same way.
你还押上韵了
Just about.
差不多
That's funny. And I know it's none of my business,
真有意思 我知道不关我什么事
but all that time you were answering those ads,
不过前段时间你一直
trying to get hired on as a saleswoman,
找那些销♥售♥员
receptionist, whatever it was,
接待员之类的活时
I kept wondering to myself
我就纳闷
why you didn't try something like this.
你怎么不去干服务员
Why?
为什么
Suppose you did get a job as a saleswoman?
就算真找到销♥售♥员的工作
Who's buying any goods?
这年景哪有那么多人买♥♥东西
You'd be standing around some store all day,
你只能整天耗在商店里
just waiting for the chance to make a living and never making it.
等着赚钱糊口 却还不见得真能赚到钱
People eat, though.
可是 人总得吃饭
Even now.
现在也是
It might sound funny,
这话也许不中听
but, at selling, I'd say you weren't the type,
但是我觉得卖♥♥东西你不在行
but at this, I don't know why...
而这个 不知道为什么
Mildred. Oh, no!
穆德莉 不是吧
Oh, honey, just let it come. Let it come.
亲爱的 吐吧 都吐出来
I can't do it, Lucy!
露西 我做不到
I just can't!
就是做不到
Do what?
做什么
Wear a uniform.
穿工作服
Take their tips. Face those awful people.
收人小费 跟那些三教九流打交道
They call me names!
他们竟然当面骂我
One of them, one of them grabbed me...
还有一个 有一个抓我的...
Put his hand clear up, clear up...
把他的手放在...
What do they pay you?
他们开的工资是多少
25 cents an hour.
一小时二十五美分
And tips extra?
小费另计
Baby, you're nuts.
你可真傻呀
Those tips will bring in a couple of dollars a day,
光小费每天就可以赚好几块钱
and before you know it, you'll be making fifteen,
这样不知不觉一周至少
twenty dollars a week,at least.
可以赚十几块
More money than you've seen
皮尔斯房♥产关门以后
since Pierce Homes blew up.
你还没见过这么多钱吧
You've got to do it, for your own sake.
为自己想想 一定要干
Nobody pays attention to that uniform stuff anymore.
谁会注意什么工作服之类的
I bet you look cute in that uniform.
我猜你穿工作服应该很好看
And besides, people have to do what they can...
而且 大家都要尽力...
No, Lucy, stop! I'll go mad!
露西 别说了 我都快疯掉了
I'll...that's what,that's what everyone's been telling me,
所有人都跟我说这一套
the employment people, everybody, that, that all I'm good for
介绍所的人 所有人都说 我只能
is waiting tables and putting on a uniform.
穿着工作服伺候人家
And maybe they're right.
也许他们说的没错
Because maybe what they're trying
因为我想说的
to tell you is what I'm trying to tell you.
也是这个
You're in a spot.
你现在正是艰难的时候
You're starving to death, baby.
温饱都快成问题了
Don't you suppose my heart's been heavy for you?
你不知道我也为你操心着急吗
Don't you know I'd have brought
我这周每晚都带点
a roast beef in here, or a ham, whatever I had,
烤牛肉或者火腿过来 只要是家里有的
every night of the week,
我管不得你可能不喜欢我这么做
except that I knew you'd hate me for it?
这些你知道吗
Oh honey, you've just got to take this job.
亲爱的 这工作一定要干
I know it. I can't.
我知道 我做不到
But I've got to.
但是还是得做
Then if you've got to, you've got to, so quit bawling.
既然这样 那就不要再哭了
Lucy, promise me one thing.
露西 答应我一件事
Promise you won't tell a soul.
答应我不要告诉任何人
Hell, I won't even tell Ike.
怎么会 我连艾克都不会说
I don't care about Ike, or any of these people,
不是说艾克或者其他人
what they think.
他们怎么想无所谓
It's on account of the children. The chance of them finding out.
我担心的是孩子们 万一她们知道了
I just, I just can't have them
不能 千万不能
knowing anything about it. Veda in particular.
让她们知道一丁点 特别是维黛
Veda, if you ask me, has some funny ideas.
维黛 要我说的话 这姑娘心思不少
You don't understand her, Lucy.
露西 你不了解她
No, she has something in her that,
不 她所拥有的那种气质
that I thought I had.
是我曾认为我拥有的
And now find I don't.
而现在发现我并没有
Pride, or nobility,
自尊 高贵
or whatever it is.
之类的
That pride, I wouldn't give a snap
自尊根本不算什么
of my finger for it. But you're right about her.
但是你说得没错
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表