剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
at my house.
在我家相遇的
My husband, of course, is a director,
我丈夫 是位导演
and he was considering Veda for a part.
他考虑给维黛一个角色
And, as he so often does with these kids,
他对这些年轻人总这样
when we have a little party going on,
我们举办派对的时候
he asked her over.
他就请她来了
Veda and her little friend Elaine,
维黛和她的朋友伊莱恩
another lovely child who my husband's...
也是个可爱的女孩 是我丈夫的...
Yes, I've met Elaine.
我见过伊莱恩
Well.
是这样
Veda met Sam and it was simply love at first sight.
维黛遇见塞米之后 可以说是一见钟情
It must have been, because that boy of mine is so...
这也难怪 我那个孩子...
He's so smitten, so serious.
他陷得很深 非常认真
You don't mean to tell me they're engaged?
你不是要跟我说他们已经订婚了吧
No.
不是
No, I wouldn't say they were engaged.
不 那倒没有
In fact, I know for certain
事实上 我很确定
that my Sammy had nothing of the sort in mind.
我家塞米根本没考虑过这件事
But, Veda...
但维黛...
Veda has somehow got the idea that...
不知为何维黛有这方面的想法...
Well, I understand it, of course.
当然 我很理解
Any girl wants to get married.
每个女孩都想结婚
But I want to assure you, Mrs. Pierce,
但我向你保证 皮尔斯太太
that Sammy had no such intention.
塞米绝对没有这个打算
So I'm sure you'll quite agree with me
我想你也会同意我的看法
that any talk of marriage would be most undesirable.
关于婚姻的话题是非常不合时宜的
And why, precisely?
确切地说 这是为什么
Because they're nothing but children, of course.
因为他们都还只是孩子啊
And from entirely different worlds.
而且来自完全不同的世界
What different worlds?
怎样不同的世界
Well, different communities, let's say.
比如说 不同的社交圈
They have different backgrounds,
他们有不同的背景
different ideals, different friends.
不同的思想 不同的朋友
Sam, for one, has always been accustomed to a great deal...
塞米已经适应了过富足的生活...
And you think Veda hasn't?
那你觉得维黛没有吗
I'm not exactly on relief,
我可不是靠救济金生活
Mrs. Forrest... Mrs. Lenhardt.
弗雷斯特太太... 兰哈特太太
Then let me make myself perfectly clear.
请允许我说得更清楚一些
If Sammy gets married, he will be completely on his own.
如果塞米结婚了 他只能靠自己生活
And I doubt either one of them
我觉得他们两个
would be terribly accustomed to that reality.
会很难适应那时的生活
Well,
那么
why should Veda feel this way about it, and your boy not?
为什么偏偏维黛想结婚而你儿子不想呢
I'm not a mind reader, Mrs. Pierce.
我可没法看透别人的思想 皮尔斯女士
But let me tell you one thing.
但我告诉你
If you, or that girl,
如果你 或那个女孩
or anybody, employ any more tricks,
或任何人 想要耍什么花招
trying to blackmail my boy...
试图勒索我的儿子...
Blackmail?
勒索
You may as well understand here and now, Mrs. Pierce,
你最好想清楚 皮尔斯太太
that I shall prevent this marriage.
我一定会阻止他们结婚
I shall prevent it in any way that I can,
我会想尽一切办法阻止
and by legal means, if necessary.
若有必要 我会付诸法律
Arline, there's a spill under six.
艾琳 六号♥桌下面有个塞子
A spill?
塞子
You were saying?
你说什么了
I'm saying, if there are any more threats,
我是说 如果再威胁我儿子
any more officers at my door,
再有军官出现在我家门口
any more of these tricks she's been playing,
或者她再耍那些花招
I shall not only have her arrested,
我不仅会报♥警♥逮捕她
I shall have her prosecuted for blackmail.
还会起诉她勒索
I shall not hesitate for one moment,
我决不会有一丝一毫的犹豫
for I have quite reached the limit of my patience!
因为我已经再也忍♥受不了了
Did you get that, Arline?
你听到了吗 艾琳
I, I was looking for the spill.
我 我在找塞子
What did she say?
她刚说什么了
She said Veda was trying to blackmail her boy into marrying her
她说维黛试图勒索他儿子和她结婚
and if she kept it up she'd have the law on her.
如果维黛继续这样做 她会起诉她
You remember that, Arline,
你要记住了 艾琳
in case I need you.
以防到时候我需要你
Veda?
维黛
Where are you?
你在哪儿
Mother! You startled me!
妈妈 你吓着我了
Well, I'm sorry, darling.
抱歉 亲爱的
Veda, something's happened.
维黛 有些事情
I, I have to talk to you.
我 我得和你谈谈
Well, at least let me take off my hat.
等我把帽子摘下来
Personally, I find pictures a bore.
个人认为 我觉得拍戏无聊透顶
Don't you?
你不觉得吗
Especially Nelson Eddy pictures.
特别是尼尔森·艾迪的影片
Although I suppose it's not entirely his fault.
不过我觉得倒不全是他的错
Veda, a Mrs. Lenhardt was in to see me today.
维黛 有位兰哈特太太今天来找我
A Mrs. John Lenhardt.
约翰·兰哈特太太
Really?
真的吗
She says you're engaged to marry her son,
她说你决定要嫁给她的儿子
or have some idea about marrying him, or something.
或者有意要嫁给他
She's quite talkative.
她真是话多
Veda, darling,
维黛 亲爱的
what was she talking about?
她说的到底是什么意思
Why haven't I heard anything about any of this?
为什么我从没听你说过
I think it's a bit of a stretch,
我觉得这太夸张了
saying that it was my idea that Sammy and I get married.
居然说塞米和我结婚都是我的主意
Well after the big rush they gave me,
他们想方设法讨好我
with Pa breaking his neck to get me a screen test,
他爸爸竭力让我得到试镜的机会
and Ma having me over morning, noon, and night,
他妈妈从早到晚一直照顾我
and Sonny boy phoning me and writing me,
那个帅小子给我打电♥话♥ 写信
saying if I didn't marry him
他说如果我不嫁给他
he'd end his young life.
他就死给我看
So, personally I think it was more of an ambush.
所以我觉得这只是圈套
Certainly I said nothing about it, or even thought about it,
我当然什么都没说 甚至都没考虑过要说
until it seemed advisable.
我想适当的时候再提
What do you mean, advisable?
什么意思 适当的时候
Well, Mother, he was certainly very sweet,
妈妈 他确实很贴心
or seemed so at any rate,
或者看起来如此
and they were all so encouraging.
他们也都很支持
And I certainly was most indiscreet.
而且我也太过轻率了
But then, after the big whoop-de-do,
但是 那件事发生后
their entire attitude changed.
他们的态度完全变了
And here I am, holding the bag.
我现在什么都没有了
One might just say I was a bit of a sap.
别人也许会说我就是个傻瓜
Oh, Veda.
维黛
I only wish you felt...
我只希望你能感到...
Holding the bag? What do you...what do you mean?
什么都没有了 什么... 什么意思
Oh God. You don't mean to tell me you're...you're not...
天 你是说你... 你不是...
Veda?
维黛
I didn't want to believe it myself.
我自己都不想相信
How do you know?
你怎么知道
How can you be sure?
你怎么这么肯定
It's true, it's only been a couple of months,
是真的 几个月前的事情
but, so far, it seems to be the only explanation.
但照目前看来 这是唯一的解释
Oh!
天
Oh, Veda!
天 维黛
Oh, my baby.
天 我的孩子
Why didn't you tell me sooner?
你怎么不早点儿告诉我
Mother, I was afraid.
妈妈 我害怕
Of me? Of Mother?
害怕我吗 害怕妈妈吗
No, of course not.
不 当然不是
But of making you suffer.
我怕让你痛苦
Just knowing you'd be disappointed.
你一定会失望透顶的
I can't bear it. I can't bear seeing you unhappy with me.
我无法忍♥受 我无法忍♥受你生我的气
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表