剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
Look, all I know is what I hear from the kid.
我只知道你家闺女告诉的东西
That'll be $1.72.
一共是1.72美元
She takes lessons every week.
她每个星期都上钢琴课
Yeah. From some cheap little ivory thumper over in Glendale.
是的 跟格兰代尔的不入流的师♥傅♥学
Here. Certainly not.
给 当然不能你付
Oh, Monty, please. You've been too generous.
蒙特 让我付吧 你付过很多次了
Just this once.
仅此一次
And what do we mean when we talk about
我们总说要减少贫困人口
the reduction of poverty?
这究竟意味着什么呢
We mean, I think, the reduction of the causes of poverty.
我认为 是指消除造成贫困的原因
Look, it's not up to me to give you advice.
我知道轮不到我给你建议
It's really none of my affair.
确实不关我的事
Monty, please!
蒙特 别这样
You spend more time with her than anyone these days.
这些日子就你跟她相处最多
She absolutely adores you.
她特别喜欢你
Well, then why not put her
那为什么不给她找个
with somebody who can really take charge of her?
能教她真东西的老师呢
Like who, for instance?
找谁呢
Well, listen.
这样
If you're serious,
如果你说认真的
there's a fellow in Pasadena, I think could do wonders.
我在帕萨迪纳认识一个人非常棒
Charlie Hannen.
查理·海恩
He was quite well known up to a few years ago in the concert field,
几年前他在乐界非常有名
and then his lungs cracked up and he came out here.
后来因为肺部问题 隐退到这里
What?
怎么了
Nothing.
没什么
You're swell, that's all.
只是觉得你很迷人
Yeah, you bet, I'm swell.
当然了 我很迷人
Monty!
蒙特
See what you make me do?
看看你的杰作
So how do we get in touch with this...
那我们怎么联♥系♥这位
Hannen.
海恩
He's organist, or choirmaster,
在我们当地教堂 他是个风琴家
whatever you call it, at our church.
或唱诗班指挥 无所谓称呼
But I know he takes in a few pupils.
但我知道他还收学生
I'm sure I can get him interested in her.
我保证让他收下维黛
And in his hands, she'd be getting somewhere.
在他的调♥教♥之下 她一定能有所建树
I always want to play it that way.
其实我一直想这样弹
I'll tell Rachmaninoff when I see him next.
我下次见到拉赫玛尼诺夫时会向他转达
And you've never studied harmony?
你没学过和声吗
Just a little.
略懂皮毛
Just a little, what?
略懂皮毛 什么
I beg your pardon?
不好意思
I might warn you, Veda, with young pupils,
事先警告你 维黛 对于年轻学生
I mix quite a bit of general instruction in with the musical.
我教音乐同时更教礼仪
Now, if you don't want a clip on the ear,
如果你不想耳朵受皮肉之苦
you'll call me "Sir."
请称我为先生
Yes, Sir.
是的 先生
Now, play the bit in the Rachmaninoff again,
好 把拉赫玛尼诺夫那部分再弹一遍
the way you said you always wanted to play it.
用你所谓的自己的方式弹
If you did play it like that
刚刚照你的方式弹
you'd be in a little trouble, wouldn't you?
就弹不下去了吧 是吗
Still, it could have been written that way.
是的 这曲子本可以写成那样
I really think Rachmaninoff's way is better.
但我觉得拉赫玛尼诺夫的方式更好
I mean, I find a touch of banality in yours, don't you?
我认为你琴弹得有点过于平庸
What's banality... Sir?
平庸在哪 先生
I mean it sounds, well, corny.
听上去很 陈词滥调
Cheap.
没品
Play it an octave higher,
音弹高八度
add a few trills, and it's...
加几个颤音
Listen To The Mocking Bird before you knew it.
就变成了《听知更鸟唱歌♥》
Yes, I see.
是的 我知道了
But it makes musical sense.
但非常有音乐美感
I have plenty of pupils with talent in their fingers,
我有很多学生弹琴很有天赋
very few with anything in their heads.
但鲜少真正有想法
Your fingers, Veda...
维黛 你弹琴
Well, your technique is god-awful.
不 是你的弹技一塌糊涂
At the very least,
至少
we'll get some of that conceit drilled out of you.
我会把你的自负打磨掉
But your head is something else.
但你的想法另说
And your sight reading is remarkable.
你读谱能力非凡
That's the sure sign of a musician,
这是属于音乐家的素质
I'd like her over here twice a week,
让她一周来上两次课
for one lesson in piano
一课学弹琴
and another lesson in the theory of music.
另一课学音乐理论
I suppose, nothing will come out of it, if we're really honest.
但说实话 不会有什么成果
Many are called, in this business,
在这行 进来的人千军万马
few are chosen.
留名的却寥寥无几
And, God, Veda! Your playing stinks!
老天啊 维黛 你的演奏糟透了
I ought to charge $100,
就单是忍♥受听完这曲子
just to have to listen to it!
我要收一百美元
Oh, let her bawl.
让她去哭吧
Veda! It's nothing compared to what she'll be doing
维黛 在我手底下学琴
when I get through with her.
这点委屈算不得什么
Veda.
维黛
Oh, Mother!
妈妈
Oh, Darling, what is it?
亲爱的 怎么了
I was so afraid...
我刚才好怕...
he wouldn't take me...
我以为他不会收我...
And then...and then he wanted me!
结果...他肯收我了
He said, I had something in my head.
他说我是个有想法的人
Mother, in my head!
妈妈 有想法
Oh, Bert, I wish you could have been there.
伯特 真希望你能在场
Just to see her face, and what it meant to her.
看她那样子 你就明白这对她有多重要
You always said Veda was artistic, Mildred.
你一直说维黛很有艺术天赋 穆德莉
I just always thought it ran in families, that kind of thing.
可我一直觉得这都是家族传统代代相传的
Well, it has to start somewhere.
但是总得从某一代人开始啊
Well, you were right, God damn it!
你说对了 真说不过你
Who cares if she can tinkle the keys or not?
谁管她会不会敲琴键呢
Is that what made Irving Berlin a millionaire?
欧文·伯林又不是靠这个发家的
Irving Berlin?
欧文·伯林
I thought she was going to be a classical musician.
我觉得她会成为古典音乐家
A virtuoso.
大♥师♥级的
More coffee?
要添咖啡吗
Thanks, doll.
谢谢 可人
I'm fine.
我不用了
Can I ask a favor?
能请你帮个忙吗
Anything.
尽管说
I want to borrow the piano at Mom's.
我想借妈妈那边的钢琴一用
Borrow it?
借
You know, they'd only be too glad to... No. No. No.
他们一定很乐意... 不不不
I don't want it as a gift. It would just be for a little while.
不要送我 只要借用一会
See, I want to get Veda a piano, myself.
明白吗 我想自己给维黛买♥♥一架
But the kind of piano she ought to have, I mean,
但她要用的那种琴 就是那种
a real grand, costs eleven hundred dollars.
上等的好琴 要一千一百美元
They'll give me terms, but
他们会让我分期付 但是
I shouldn't be taking on any more debt, not just now.
我不能再负债了 至少现在不能
So, what I'd like to do,
所以 我想
is open a special account down at the bank.
在银行开一个专门账户
If I keep putting in,
只要我定期往里面存一点
I know by next Christmas, I can manage it.
等到圣诞节就够了
Sure thing, Mildred. Thanks Bert.
行 穆德莉 谢谢你 伯特
And don't breathe a word. Mmmmmm.
别把这事泄露出去 不会
This is preeminently the time
现在正是坦白勇敢地
to speak the truth,
说出实情
the whole truth, frankly and boldly.
将全部实情大白于天下的最好时刻
Nor need we shrink
我们无需畏惧
from honestly facing conditions in our country today.
直面我国的现状
This great nation
这个伟大的国家
will endure, as it has endured,
会一如既往地坚持下去
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表