剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
plus what I got her in the settlement.
再加上我上次那事儿我给她弄到的一笔钱
I mean, why wouldn't you be justified,
我是想说 你怎么不说她应该投钱
in asking her for an amount,
开口向她要些钱
that could ease the pressure all around?
来缓解生意上的压力
Wally, neither you nor anybody else,
沃利 你 还有你们任何一个人
has a right to take what belongs to me,
都没有权利把我
or what belongs to my child, to pay the bills of this business!
或我女儿的钱 拿来弥补生意上的漏子
Maybe you've forgotten, Mr. Wally Burgan,
也许你忘了 沃利·伯根先生
that it was you who told
是你叫我
me to incorporate for precisely this reason,
创办公♥司♥ 就为了
to keep my personal property safe from any kind of creditor.
为了确保我的财产不受任何债主的侵害
Maybe you've forgotten, but I haven't!
也许你忘了 但我没忘
No, I haven't forgotten it.
没 我没有忘记
And you're right, no one
你说的没错 在座的没人
here can take a dime of your money, or Veda's.
可以从你或者维黛那里拿走一分钱
All they can do is go to court,
他们所能做的只是去法庭
have you declared bankrupt,
让你宣布破产
take over. The court will appoint receivers. You'll be out.
让法庭指定他人接受 你就出局了
Fine! Then I'm out.
好啊 出局就出局
You'll be out, and Ida'll be in.
你出局 就轮到艾达了
Who?
谁
Ida?
艾达
That's a lie.
骗人
She would never do it, never...
她不会那么做 永远不会...
Oh, yeah, she would.
不 她会
Sure, she cried at first,
当然 她起初哭着说
said she wouldn't listen to such a thing,
她不会这么做
because she was such a good friend of yours.
因为她是你最好的朋友
But she couldn't get to you for weeks,
但她连续好几周联♥系♥不上你
just for a little talk.
跟你谈谈的机会都没有
You were too busy with the concert.
你光忙着音乐会了
Maybe that hurt her feelings,
或许这事伤了她
maybe it made her wonder.
或许这事让她胡思乱想
Anyway, now...
不管怎么样 现在...
She'll listen to reason.
她会理智正视这件事
And we figure, she can run
我们相信 她有能力来经营
this business just as good as anybody can run it.
并且经营得不会比谁差
Maybe not as good as you, when you had your mind on it,
或许比不上全身心投入的你
but better than a stage-struck dame,
但总会比一个醉心于舞台
who'd rather go to concerts than pay what she owes!
宁愿跑去听音乐会也不愿还债的贵夫人强
I'm telling you, Mildred, you gotta do three things.
我告诉你 穆德莉 你有三件事得做
You gotta cut down on your overhead,
你得减少日常开销
so you can live off of what you make.
这样你才能收支平衡
You gotta raise some money, from some place,
你得从某人那里筹些钱
the place in Glendale, Veda,
比如说 格伦代尔 维黛那里
so you can square these bills and start over.
这样你才能把账单清算了 重新开始
And you gotta cut out all
还要停止
this running around, and get down to work.
到处奔走应酬 专心工作
You show us some action by a week from tonight,
一周内让我们看到你的行动
and you can forget about what's been said here.
咱就当没今天这事儿
You don't...
你要是执迷不悟
maybe we take a little action ourselves.
我们就要有所行动了
Two sets of books...
两套账目...
And they...
他们...
I'll be.
我也会这么做
And the accountants, did they...
会计们 他们...
It's all my doing, Bert.
是我自己活该 伯特
All my fault...
都是我的错...
The different ledgers were my idea.
分账是我的主意
But how'd you ever think you'd pay it all back?
那你怎么没有想到你得全部归还啊
Well...
那么...
If everything you tell me is accurate...
如果你说的属实的话
Oh, it is, it is, Bert.
是的 是实话 伯特
I've told you everything.
我把所有事情都告诉你了
You're the only one I've told.
我只告诉了你一个人
Well...
嗯...
As far as I can tell,
要我说
there's been no actual violation of the law.
他们做的也没犯法
Not saying it wasn't pretty damn foolish.
但不得不说也真是不地道
But the fact is,
但实际情况来看
Veda is the one who's costing you money, and she's the one that's making it.
钱都是维黛花的 而且她自己也很能挣
She's got to kick in. That's all there is to it.
这钱该她付 事情就该这样
I never wanted her to know.
我不想让她知道这事
I never wanted her to know either, but she found out
我也不想让她知道 但我生意失败
just the same, when I hit the deck.
她不是也一样知道了
If she'd had a little dough
皮尔斯房♥产不行的时候
when Pierce Homes began to wobble,
如果她有钱帮我
and I'd taken it, and Pierce Homes was ours right now,
皮尔斯房♥产现在就是我们的了
she'd be better off, right?
她的生活也会更宽裕 对吧
And who the hell put that girl where she is today?
那丫头能有今天 靠的是谁啊
Who paid for all the music? And...
是谁负担起高昂的学费 还有...
that piano, and the car and the clothes and...
她的钢琴 车 衣服 以及...
Oh, you did your share.
你也有份儿
Mighty little.
小小的一份儿
You did a lot, Bert.
你付出了不少 伯特
You did plenty.
你付出了很多
We lived very well before the Depression,
大萧条之前我们过得很幸福
as well as any family ever lived in this country.
和这个国家里所有的家庭一样幸福美好
And for a long time.
而且很长时间
Veda was 11 when we broke up.
我们离婚时 维黛十一岁
She's only 20, now.
现在她才二十岁
I've carried on nine years, but it was 11 for you.
我才养了她九年 而你养了十一年
Eleven years and eight months.
十一年零八个月
All right. Eleven years and eight months.
好吧 十一年零八个月
But you know what? I'm glad.
但你知道吗 我很开心
I'm glad it was eight months.
我很开心 是八个月
We didn't know I was pregnant when we got married.
我们结婚的时候并不知道我已经怀孕了
That proves, I loved you, doesn't it?
那证明 我是爱你才嫁给你的 对吗
Me too, Mildred.
我也是 穆德莉
Me too.
我也是
Bert, would you talk to her?
伯特 你能和她谈谈吗
I can't ask her for money.
我不能开口向她要钱
I'm not Wally, I wouldn't know how to begin.
我可不是沃利 我不知道怎么开口
Sure.
当然
Thank you.
谢谢
So, tomorrow sometime?
那么 明天找个时间
At the house?
在家里
Mildred, we can't wait till tomorrow.
穆德莉 我们不能等到明天再谈
Why? What do you mean?
为什么 你什么意思
You've got to talk to her tonight.
你今晚就得和她谈
Tonight? It's too late, she'll be asleep.
今晚 太晚了 她睡了
I can't help how late it is, we've got to see her tonight.
我不管多晚 我们今晚必须见到她
Because you forgot, and I forgot, and we both
因为你忘了 我也忘了
forgot who we're dealing with here.
我们都忘了这是在和谁打交道
Mildred, you can't trust Wally Burgan,
穆德莉 你不能相信沃利·伯根
not even till the sun comes up!
不能等到明天
He was my pal, and he crossed me!
他曾经是我的朋友 背离了我
He was your pal, and he crossed you!
他也曾经是你的朋友 同样背离了你
But he was Veda's pal too,
但他也是维黛的朋友
Mildred. And maybe he's getting ready to
穆德莉 或许他正准备
cross her too, and somehow get his hands on her dough!
也背离她 或者打她的钱的主意了
He can't, not for corporate debts.
他不能 不会为了公♥司♥债务这样做
How do you know?
你怎么知道
I know, because...
我知道 因为...
he, he told me so!
他 他告诉过我
He helped me set up the corporation...
他帮我建立了这个公♥司♥...
That's it.
说到点子上了
He told you!
他告诉过你
Wally Burgan told you!
沃利·伯根告诉过你
How can we believe anything that guy says?
我们怎么可以相信那家伙说的任何一句话
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表