剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
Instead of spending all that...
与其花那么多...
You think, you think he didn't know it?
你以为 你以为他不知道吗
And didn't tell me?
你以为他没和我说吗
He told me every time he saw me!
他每次见我的时候都会说
My tunes stunk, my playing stunk,
我的音弹不准 指法很烂
everything I did stunk!
我的一切都很烂
But me, he liked.
可他照样喜欢我
Because he saw how I felt about it.
因为他能看出我对音乐的见解
Christ, that was something, after living with you all my life!
天啊 和你生活了这么长时间还能有这水平
So we went on with it.
那继续过就好了
And maybe, just maybe, Old Man Maturity might help out later.
可能有一天 可能 勤能补拙
Like hell he will!
鬼才相信
No. No, in this racket you've either got it or you don't,
不 不 音乐这一行 行就行 不行就不行
and will you wipe that stupid look off your face
还有别老是摆出一副蠢到家的臭脸
and stop acting as if it was somebody's fault?
弄得好像都是人家的错
Well, it certainly would seem,
看的出来
after all that work, your dedication...
你的那些努力 那些付出...
Don't you understand anything?
你怎么还是不明白呢
They don't pay off on work, they pay off on talent!
努力没有用 关键要看天赋
And I'm just no good!
我就是不出色
I'm no goddamn good, and there's nothing you can do about it!
我就是不够出色 死都改变不了
Oh, Bert, she was devastated.
伯特 她很受打击
I've never seen her so crushed.
我从没见过她这么低落
She can still barely look me in the eye.
也还是不怎么看我
Gotta be rough. After all the time she put in on that thing.
她一定很难过 毕竟她对钢琴是那么上心
Boy, oh boy.
唉 天哪
I just wish there was something I could do.
我真想为她干点什么
She'll snap out of it. Veda's no patsy.
她会重新振作起来 维黛没那么脆弱
I do believe there's something inside her, I do.
我相信她不是普通的孩子 真的
I don't care what anybody says.
我不在乎人们说什么
Veda!
维黛
Veda!
维黛
I'm sorry, Bert. Can...can I?
对不起 伯特 我能不能...
Sure. Go ahead.
没事 去吧
Honestly, Veda.
说实在的 维黛
You're perfectly capable of going on with your music,
不管那些大♥师♥们喜欢不喜欢你的音乐
whether the great masters like it or not.
你照样都可以继续啊
Battles aren't won by quitting, after all.
毕竟放弃了便永远不可能赢了
And you are talented.
而且你有才华
Whether it's concert piano or not, you certainly have talent.
不管是钢琴还是其他的 你都很拿手
And looks, my goodness!
而且长得这么标致
Well, you've always had a lovely figure.
身材又这么苗条
Or, you could still enter one of the local schools,
或者你也可以去本地学校上学
like Marlborough, and prepare for college.
比如马尔堡 准备考大学
I'm a little old for rolling a hoop, Mother.
妈妈 我已经老大不小了
Well, at least call some friends and have a little party.
那就找几个朋友来聚会
Gloria Sedgewick, or Kitty?
格洛瑞亚·塞奇维克或者凯蒂
You could, you could have it at Laguna,
如果不想在这办聚会的话
if you didn't want to do it here.
还也可以去拉古那
I can tell Lucy to set up a room with a special table,
我让露西收拾出个有专用桌子的房♥间
and there's an orchestra we can get, and you can dance,
还能找个管弦乐队 你可以跳跳舞
or do whatever you want.
干什么随你喜欢
No, Mother.
不用了 妈妈
I don't want an orchestra.
我不想找什么管弦乐队
Thanks, just the same.
不过还是谢谢你
She doesn't want to see them people.
她不想看见那些人
What people?
哪些人
Them Pasadena people.
帕萨迪纳的那些人
What do you mean? Why not?
为什么这么说 为什么不想见
After she's been Mr. Hannen's candy kid?
她一直是海恩先生的得意门生
The one that was going to New York and play the piano
眼见着都要去纽约演奏钢琴了
so they'd all be hollering for her?
她还想看那些人为她喝彩呢
You think she wants to see them people now,
你以为这会儿她还想见那些人吗
and just be Veda?
跟若无其事一样
Well, why not? They're her friends.
为什么不想见 那都是她朋友啊
They're who she should be seeing.
她应该见见他们
I can't just sit by and allow her to cut herself off
我可不想就这么干坐着
from the people that... Why?
看她与世隔绝 为什么
Why can't you leave her alone?
为什么你非要一直管着她呢
Hello? Elaine!
喂 伊莱恩
He didn't!
他没有
No!
不是吧
It looks wonderful. It really does.
不错 真的很不错
Lucy, the flowers, they're beautiful!
露西 这些花太漂亮了
We're running a high-class dump, baby.
宝贝 我们这里可是面向上流社会的
For some reason I don't understand,
不过我还是想不通
a guy with an old-fashioned on the table
一个这么守旧的人怎么还
likes to listen to the bumblebees.
喜欢听提琴的嗡嗡声呢
And how's Ike?
艾克怎么样了
He's on call, day and night.
他可是随叫随到
All he needed was a chance.
他只是需要一个大展拳脚的机会
Next week he's getting a new truck.
下礼拜他就有一部新敞篷车了
Streamlined.
还是流线型的
Oh, Lucy.
露西
"Service with a gardenia."
"为您效劳"
He's thinking about having it lettered on the side.
他还在想要不要印到车身边上
Oh, we're living again, that's all.
日子终于好过了
I'm so glad.
真替你高兴
And Archie's working out?
阿奇会做了
Best steak man in town, bar none.
镇上绝无仅有的牛排大厨
Any bum can cook fish and make money on it,
谁都会做鱼 还能靠这赚点钱
but with steak,
可牛排这东西
you can't go wrong with Archie.
阿奇绝对拿手
Mr. Chris never knew what he had.
克里斯先生肯定想不到他还有这一手
Not until we snatched him up!
我们把阿奇挖来他就明白了
Hi, Archie.
你好 阿奇
So nice to see you again.
欢迎再次光临
Denver, originally.
最开始的丹佛
Well, 18 years back, if you want to be precise.
确切的说是十♥八♥年♥前的丹佛
And my wife, Fort Worth.
我妻子来自沃斯堡
Forth Worth, originally. But San Diego ever since.
原籍沃斯堡 后来就搬到圣地亚哥了
Yep, San Diego. And we like it just fine.
没错 圣地亚哥 我们很喜欢那里
Well, we surely hope you'll stop by again,
我真心希望你们下次来这边的时候
next time you're headed our way.
还会再来光临
Oh, we sure will! Thank you!
我们一定来 谢谢
Hello!
你好
Welcome to Mildred's.
欢饮光临穆德莉餐厅
May I offer you a cigar or cigarette?
要雪茄或香烟吗
Okay, smarty,
好吧 你个自作聪明的家伙
suppose you tell us what's hot.
倒是说说干什么好
Yeah, I didn't get all gussied up for nothing.
就是 我可不是白打扮的
I say we hit Ciro's or the Troc.
要我说我们去仙乐斯或者托克
I say we let the gals decide.
要我说让女孩们决定去哪
Well shake a leg, whatever you do.
不管去哪 快走吧
Thanks, puss.
谢啦 亲爱的
Here you go, gentlemen.
先生们 给你们
Mother!
妈妈
Veda, darling! I'm so pleased you came.
维黛 亲爱的 你能来我真高兴
And with all your friends.
还带着你的朋友来了
Ace job, Mother, really.
干得真不错啊 妈妈
And that ocean view! Quite a stunner.
这海边的风景 太迷人了
Thank you, dear. Is this new?
谢谢你 亲爱的 这是新买♥♥的吗
You know, you really ought to
买♥♥这么贵的东西
consult me first on a purchase like that.
应该先跟我商量商量的
Mother, I just knew you wouldn't object.
妈妈 我知道你不会反对的
And I was so desperate for something new.
而且我也急需买♥♥点新东西了
Isn't it too divine?
是不是太贵气了
Please, Mother, please can I keep it?
拜托了妈妈 就让我留着吧
All right. Just this once.
好吧 下不为例
Oh, you wonderful dear! You're such a treasure.
太好了 亲爱的 你真好
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表