剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
So we'll have what we want.
我们会得到想要的东西
Maybe we won't be rich,
不一定会很富有
but we'll have something.
但拥有的东西足够我们生活
And it'll all be on account of you.
都是为了你们
I love you, Mother. Truly I do.
我爱你 妈妈 我真的爱你
Every good thing that happens is on account of you.
你们给妈妈带来好运
If Mother only had sense enough to know it.
妈妈能感觉到
I said hold the mayo, Archie.
我说了蛋黄酱少放点 阿奇
You never listen.
你就是不听
Now I gotta go talk to these people. You have no idea.
现在我要向那些人去解释 你倒好
I'm still waiting on those pork chops.
猪排好了没有
Chicken-fried steak, onions! Baked apple with cream!
软炸牛肉和洋葱 还有加奶油的烤苹果馅饼
Meat, meat. I need meat!
肉 肉 我这边要肉
We changed the print on the menus you're seeing.
您看的这份菜单是重新编排印刷的
Archie, I need two chicken cutlets.
阿奇 我要两份鸡排
Two poached eggs on toast. Cinnamon toast. Hot chocolate.
肉桂吐司加双份水煮蛋 还有巧克力热饮
Ham and eggs. Sliced pineapple.
火腿和鸡蛋 菠萝切片
Say, Wally,
说吧 沃利
you wouldn't want to help me with something, would you?
你不想帮我 对不对
Not particularly.
也不是
I'd have to have it soon. Tomorrow, maybe.
我得尽快弄好 也许明天
What is it?
什么东西
I don't know what you'd call it, exactly.
我也不知道该怎么叫它
An estimate of costs, something like that.
叫开支预算什么的
For a man who might back me in business.
给一个有意的投资者看
But...but I want it all written down,
但 我要全部写下来
with the right words for what I mean,
尽可能准确地表达我的意思
so it looks proper, business-like.
像商务公文那样规范
What kind of business?
什么样的生意
Just a little restaurant. Something I've been thinking about...
小餐馆而已 我一直都想开
Wait a minute. Hold on. Start over.
等等 从头开始说
At the beginning, not in the middle.
从头说 别从半路说
Just something small, where I could do all the cooking.
就开个小点的 我负责烹饪
But, a place where all we serve is chicken.
但我们只提供鸡肉
Think about it.
想想看
They have steak places and fish places.
有卖♥♥牛排的餐馆 还有卖♥♥鱼的餐馆
But, down where I work,
但 我工作的那个地方
practically every other order is for chicken.
人们基本上都点鸡肉
So a chicken place.
所以专门开个卖♥♥鸡肉的餐馆
Well, looks to me as though I'd have plenty of customers.
在我看来 一定会很有市场
And, I wouldn't have to fool with all those a la carte prices,
我也不用管什么菜的价位
or bookkeeping, or menus, or anything like that.
还有记账 菜单什么的
Everybody gets a chicken-and-waffle dinner,
每个人都点一样的鸡肉饼
or chicken and vegetables, if they like,
或者鸡肉加蔬菜 随便他们
but, all at the same price.
但是 价格都是一样的
And then I'd have the pies to take out,
然后我还能卖♥♥些馅饼
and keep on getting all the wholesale pie business that I can,
继续我的馅饼买♥♥卖♥♥
and well, it looks to me as though, one would help the other.
在我看来 两个还能互补一下
Who's the guy?
投资人是谁
This old fogy who eats lunch with me every day, Mr. Rand.
兰德先生 就是天天找我点餐的那个老顽固
But, I think he's got money.
我觉得他手里有钱
If I can show him...
如果我能说服他
it could be an investment,
就能拉到一笔投资
perhaps he'd be interested, you know, and...
也许 他会愿意投
Listen, you really think you can put this across?
听我说 你真的觉得你能做好这个吗
Why? Don't you?
怎么了 你不觉得吗
I'm asking you.
我在问你
Well, it seems as though it ought to pay.
按道理说是可以的
That's the main thing, Wally,
沃利 最重要的是
about this idea of mine.
关于我的这个设想
What costs in a restaurant is waste,
餐厅的很多开销都很浪费
and the extras, like the printing, for the menus,
有很多额外的费用 像印刷菜单
and the...the people you have to have,
雇用员工
for the features you put in.
还要提供特色餐品
But this way, there wouldn't be any waste.
但按照我的想法 就什么都不用愁了
I think I can put that across, Wally, I do.
我想我能给他们解释明白 沃利 真的
If you really think so, Mildred...
如果你真的这么想 穆德莉
I might be able to put you in on a deal.
我们可以做个交易
One that would start you off with such a bang,
我风风光光地帮你创业
that you'd be sitting so pretty,
你只要美美地坐着
you wouldn't even need a backer.
不用去愁投资人的事
You can't be serious.
你开玩笑呢吧
Oh, I'm serious, all right. Holy smokes, I'm serious.
是真的 上帝啊 我是认真的
If you don't look out, Wally,
要不是你看着我 沃利
I'm, I'm gonna cry.
我都要感动得哭了
Seemed like a good idea at the time.
那时候这个主意看起来不错
It was actually Bert who thought it up.
实际上是伯特想出来的
Build a dream house,
建一个梦想之家
so we could show all the prospects,
这样我们可以展示一些蓝图
what their place would look like,
让他们知道以后的房♥子就是这个样子
if they spent twice as much dough as any of them had.
只要他们肯花大价钱
But now, it's dead weight. They gotta get rid of it.
但现在房♥主资不抵债 想处理掉
And if you'll take it over
如果你想接手这地方
with this chicken place, then it's yours.
开鸡肉店 就归你了
And, believe me, Mildred,
穆德莉 相信我
if this isn't a natural for a restaurant...
这是我见过的
I never saw one.
最适合开餐馆的地方了
I mean, just look at the place! Dining room...
看看这里 用餐的大厅
Right? Come in here. Pantry.
对吧 进来看看 食品储藏室
Kitchen. Every stick in the place
厨房♥ 这里的设计
complies with fire law, health law.
完全遵照消防安全法 健康卫生法
There's even two toilets!
还有两个洗手间
I mean if you really mean business, Mildred,
我是说如果你真要做生意 穆德莉
you can have it, lock, stock, and barrel.
你买♥♥下这里 打理 进货 开始经营
The fact is, see, they've got to establish losses.
他们不得不披露亏损
Who?
谁
The receivers, on their federal income tax,
就是破产产业管理人 明年三月之前
due next March, the year, 1931.
要上缴联邦所得税
If they don't show losses, they're sunk.
如果不宣布亏损的话 他们就完蛋了
But Wally...
但是 沃利
I'd still have to have money!
我还是得有钱才行
Who says you would?
谁说的
That's the beauty of it, Mildred.
好就好在这 穆德莉
Once you take title to a piece of property in this town,
大家关心的是这个
that's all anybody cares about.
只要在城里有一小块地的所有权
You get all the credit you want, more than you'll need.
你就能贷到所有的款子 多到用不了
But, why me?
但是 为什么是我
Well, who else wants it?
还有谁会想要这个呢
It's not a house, it's a real estate office.
这又不是住所 只是处不动产
Last time I checked, nobody needs one of those.
上次我查看的时候 没人想要
So, it's got to be somebody,
所以要有人
who can use it for something else. And that's you.
能把它派做别的用场 这个人就是你
I know, but, Wally,
我知道 但是 沃利
I just can't believe there isn't somebody.
我只是不相信没有别人想要这里
If they're just giving it away...
如果他们就这样错过了
on the inside, who...
知道内情的 谁
No, I get what you're saying. Sure...
不是 我知道你的意思了 确实
There were some original incorporators sniffing around.
有一些原始创办人偷偷打探消息
But they're not gonna get past the Feds.
但是他们不能通过政♥府♥审查
And with you, it's the "Real McCoy". You're no insider.
而你是真正要干事业的 不是什么知情人士
You're no original incorporator. You're...
你又不是原始创办人 你是...
Oh, God damn it.
该死的
What?
怎么了
God damn it all to hell! God damn it!
真见鬼 该死
What? What is it?
怎么了 怎么回事
Bert.
是伯特
Bert? What's he got to do with it?
伯特怎么了 他和这个有什么关系
Bert's an original incorporator.
伯特是原始创办人
Well?
然后呢
And, you're married to him.
而你是他的配偶
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表