剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
But what did she mean about officers,
她说的军官是什么意思
officers at her door?
在她家门口的军官
You mean police?
你是说警♥察♥吗
I don't know. I suppose police.
不知道 我猜是警♥察♥
Well that is funny.
真可笑
What is?
怎么了
Well, from what I've been learning about little Sammy,
以我对塞米的了解
it seems that any girl from Central Casting
那些女演员们肯定
could have sent officers to his door.
都被他糟蹋过
Apparently he has very democratic tastes.
他完全就是个花♥花♥公♥子♥
Oh, my darling.
亲爱的
My poor darling.
我可怜的孩子
We'll see to it they do what's right and proper.
我们一定要跟他们讨回公道
First thing tomorrow, I'm calling Wally Burgan.
明天我先给沃利·伯根打电♥话♥
Mother, I absolutely agree.
妈妈 我完全同意
But, I meant to tell you. I hope it's all right.
但我本想告诉你 我希望你别介意
I've already spoken to Wally.
我已经跟沃利说过了
You, what?
你说什么
Please don't worry, Mother.
别担心 妈妈
He's coming here tomorrow,
他明天就会来
and he'll be able to explain everything.
他会把一切都解释清楚
You've spoken with Wally Burgan?
你已经跟沃利·伯根说过了
Well, I tell you, I did a little inquiring myself,
实话说 我自己做了一些调查
and the situation's about what I figured.
情况和我料想的一样
He comes into his dough on his 21st birthday.
他21岁生日时会拿到自己的那份遗产
How much exactly I don't know,
金额确切是多少我不清楚
but well up in to six figures.
但应该有六位数
And when he dies, whoever he's married to,
他死后 不管他跟谁结婚
she gets her fair share of the goods.
她都会平均分得他的遗产
And that's what this is all about.
这就是整件事的来由
It's got nothing to do with their being too young,
和他们年纪大小毫无关系
or whatever else that mother's been dishing out.
或者他妈妈说的那些
It's nothing but the do-re-mi. The old army game.
只是钱的问题 老把戏了
And that's why they're so hot to settle.
所以他们心急火燎地想把事情解决掉
Wally, we're not interested
沃利 我们对他是否继承遗产
in whether he inherits, or how much he inherits.
或他继承多少遗产毫无兴趣
And a settlement simply ignores
他们就这么心安理得地
the fact that a situation has been created.
对目前的情况熟视无睹
It's a terrible situation for Veda!
维黛现在的处境有多难堪呐
Now the only thing that boy can do,
那个孩子现在唯一能做的
the only proper thing,
体面的事
is to marry her.
就是娶了她
I'll have him arrested, if it's the only way.
如果别无他法 我会报♥警♥逮捕他
Well, arresting him might not be so easy.
逮捕他也没那么容易
Aren't there laws?
难道没有法律吗
Go ahead and tell her.
告诉她吧
Well, as it turns out,
其实
I took Veda over to the Sheriff's office just the other week
我前些天带维黛去了警长办公室
to swear out a warrant for Sam.
让警长发放逮捕令逮捕他
Nothing big, just a little morals charge.
不是什么大事 只是指控他行为失德
That same afternoon, couple of the boys went over to serve it.
几个警♥察♥就那天下午就过去了
Well, it turns out he skipped town.
后来发现他逃到城里了
And so far we haven't been able...
所以目前为止我们不能...
That's what she meant by officers!
这就是她说的警官
You said you had no idea what she meant...
你说你不知道她说的是什么意思
All I said, Mother, was that I didn't know at the time
妈妈 我说的是 我那时不知道
that any officers had actually been sent.
有没有警♥察♥去那里
The very idea,
你们打这个主意
the very idea of legal steps being taken
你们没经我同意 就打主意
without my knowing anything at all, whatsoever,
采取法律手段
is simply...
简直是...
Now hold your horses just one minute there, Mildred!
别急着发火 穆德莉
Of course I'd been willing to talk to you.
我当然很想告诉你
But when I got a client
但是我的当事人
says she wants to keep things to herself...
说想要这件事情保密
Mother, It's about time the you got this through your head.
妈妈 你这会儿也应该明白了
that after all, I, and not you,
不要忘了 是我 不是您
am the main figure in this little situation,
我才是你所谓的"处境难堪"的
as you call it.
受害者
I'm not proud of it.
我并不以此为荣
I readily admit it's my own fault,
我承认这是自食其果
and that I've been very foolish.
我那时候太天真了
But when I act on that assumption
但是我这么做
to try and protect you from unhappiness,
只是不想让你伤心难过
it does seem that you
你本可以
could give me some credit for decent motives,
看在我这份心意上念我一点好
Young lady... instead of flying off the handle
你听好了 而不是这么愚蠢的
in this idiotic way!
大发雷霆
You have kept me entirely in the dark on this matter
这件事你完全瞒着我
and I refuse to take any more!
我不能再这样放任你了
Wally, I am terribly sorry.
沃利 我很抱歉
You were discussing a settlement?
你们正在协商和解吗
Well, they're up against a morals charge,
他们将面临失德指控
and you're 17 years old,
并且你才十七岁
so that's all a jury needs to know.
陪审团知道这些就够了
So we're going to meet at 6:00 to settle on a number.
我们六点见个面 讨论一下赔偿金
If that's the way you want to go, I suggest you be there, too.
如果你想这样的话 建议你亲自到场
That is not the way we want to go!
事情不能就这么算了
They'll not be allowed
他们不能这样给点钱
to simply buy her off!
就打发了我女儿的清白
Not in her condition.
对我女儿不行
I want that boy arrested.
我要警方逮捕那个男孩
Look, Mildred, I understand your point of view.
听着 穆德莉 我明白的想法
But I've got to consider...
但是我还要考虑
I've made my decision, Mother.
我心意已决 妈妈
Thanks just the same.
不过还是谢谢你
I'll see you there at 6:00.
咱们六点钟在那见
Thank you for stopping by.
多谢你来一趟
Over my dead body are you meeting with them.
我死也不会让你去见他们
I'm phoning the Sheriff's office this instant,
我现在就给警局打电♥话♥
and if that doesn't work, I'll hire a private detective.
如果这不行的话 我就雇个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
You'll do nothing of the kind!
不要这样
Stop that! You listen to me, young lady!
放开 听我说 姑娘
I am still your mother whether you like it or not!
不管怎样 我还是你的妈妈
Mother!
妈妈
If you call the Sheriff's office,
如果你打电♥话♥给警局
they're only going to bring him back!
他们会把他找回来
And if they bring him back, he's only going to want to marry me,
他一回来肯定要和我结婚
which isn't quite what I had in mind!
而我根本不想嫁给他
You see, he's quite crazy about me.
他对我很痴迷
He's even rather sweet at times, in a Buster Brown sort of way.
有时候对我就像疼小孩儿一样好
But as for matrimony, I beg to be excused.
但是要结婚的话 我看还是算了吧
I'd much rather have the money.
我还是想要那笔钱
You...
你...
Now I know what that woman meant when she...
现在我知道那个女人的意思了
You really are just trying to shake her down,
你就是想敲诈她
shake the whole family down, for money!
敲诈她们家 仅仅为了钱
Are you even pregnant?
你是不是根本没有怀孕
Really, Mother.
其实 妈妈
At this stage, it's rather more a matter of opinion.
这个时候 随便你怎么想了
Oh, God.
天啊
Veda, how could you?
维黛 你怎能这样
If you had loved this boy...
你没真正爱过他
But to pretend you loved him,
只是假装爱他
to lead him on, to get money out of him!
只为迷惑他 只为骗他的钱
How could you?
你怎么能这样
Merely following in my mother's footsteps.
只不过是追随你的脚步罢了
What?
你说什么
Stop being so tiresome!
别这么一副讨人厌的样儿
Do I have to spell it out for you?
非要我说出来吗
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表