剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
And now you want to duck, so you start to talk about Bert.
这会儿想推卸责任 你就谈起伯特来了
Funny how you didn't talk about Bert when you came in here,
可笑 你来时怎么不谈伯特
wanting to pull those apron strings. You remember them, don't you?
你拉我围裙时怎么不谈伯特 这你可记得吧
I didn't hear you saying no. No, I was a sap!
你也没拒绝啊 是 我就是个笨蛋
And you're just like all the rest.
而你就像其他人一样乘虚而入
I'm sorry, Wally.
对不起 沃利
No, hell, it's all right.
没关系
I've been a little upset lately.
这几天心情不好
Who wouldn't be?
换做谁都会心情不好
Say, doll! How'd it go last night?
宝贝 昨晚怎么样
Well, I'm on the town.
完全放浪形骸咯
Yeah? How's it feel?
是吗 感觉怎么样
Fast.
放荡
Figueroa and Sixth. Watch your step.
菲格罗亚到了 小心脚下
You here for the job?
来应聘的吗
No, I was...
不是 我
No.
不是
Mrs. Wedley
韦德里太太
It's Mildred Pierce.
我是穆德莉·皮尔斯
No, nothing like that.
不 没有的事
I just hadn't heard and was wondering
好久没听见您消息了 我在想
if you wanted your usual order for next week or...
您下周是订单照旧还是
I can do it! I can do it!
我自己能倒
Oh. No, certainly.
不 没关系
You know where to find me.
有需要来找我
Ray, please. Thank you.
蕾 拜托 谢谢
Bye now.
再见
Shoot. What is it, Mother?
见鬼 怎么了 妈妈
Nothing, dear. Everything's fine.
没事 宝贝 一切都很好
Mother, I wish you wouldn't worry so.
妈妈 你不要太担心
I just know everything's going to work itself out, I know it will.
一切都会好起来的 我敢肯定
Remember?
记得吗
"Do your duty and a little more
做好本分 再多点努力
and the future will take care of itself."
光明就在眼前
Cut the mush.
真啰嗦
Now what? Veda, finish up
又什么事 维黛快点吃完
then help your sister gather her school things.
帮妹妹准备上学的东西
It's quarter past. Yes, Mother.
时间不早了 好的 妈妈
Hello? Mrs. Pierce?
喂 皮尔斯太太
Come on, Ray. We need to finish up. Yes?
快点吃吧 蕾 有什么事
Mrs. Turner!
特纳女士
Of course I remember. From the employment agency...
当然记得 职业介绍所的
It did?
真的
Of course, certainly.
好的 没问题
I'll be there as soon as...I will.
我会尽快去
Thank you, Mrs. Turner.
谢谢你 特纳女士
Thank you.
谢谢
You see?
你看吧
Yes.
说得对
Now, hurry up and finish, you two.
你们两个快点吃啦
You're going to be late for school!
上学要迟到了
The agency doesn't normally handle domestic help,
我们一般不介绍佣人
so this one's strictly off the books.
所以这个工作不记录在案
I was over in Beverly the other night,
我那天晚上去了趟贝佛利山庄
and I got talking to this lady
跟一位太太谈了谈
that's going to marry this director.
她马上要嫁给一个导演
He doesn't know it yet, but his house is in for a big shake-up.
她想瞒着他给房♥子来个大变身
So, she needs a housekeeper.
所以需要个管家
And on account of all that fine
一想到你跟我说的
domestic efficiency you were telling me about,
你那些家务好手艺
I told her about you.
我就推荐了你
Well, I hardly know what to say.
我真不知该说些什么
You see I recently came across a similar job, as...
其实最近我碰到个差不多的活儿 是当
A waitress, and... And you turned it down?
服务员 我 你拒绝了吗
I couldn't, I just can't go home,
我...回到家我会没办法
and face my children knowing
面对我的孩子们
their mother works all day at taking tips,
要是让她们知道我忙一天赚小费
and wearing a uniform, and mopping up crumbs.
穿着工作服 擦桌子
But you can face them just fine when there's nothing left to eat?
等到喝西北风你就能面对她们了
That will never be the case, Mrs. Turner.
不会的 特纳女士
I'd...
我会
I'm extremely grateful that you thought of me,
你能想到我 我非常感激
though I can't see why you did.
虽然我不知道为什么
And certainly I'll go over there, as a courtesy to you.
出于对你的礼貌 我肯定会过去的
What have I got to do with it?
这和我有什么关系
You either you want it or you don't.
这工作要不要随你
Listen. I've got my own little business, sure.
听好 我现在还有个营生
But if that went bust
但如果哪天做不成了
and I had to choose between my belly and my pride,
要我选择填饱肚子还是保住面子
I'm telling you right now, I'm picking my belly every time.
我现在就可以告诉你 毫无疑问先填饱肚子
You want to know why I recommended you?
知道我为什么推荐你吗
Sure, you've got a head on your shoulders and a good physique.
没错 你头脑好 体格好
But you let half your life
但你半生都浪费在
slip by without anything but sleeping, cooking, and setting the table,
睡觉 做饭 收拾桌子
and lo and behold, that's all you're good for.
看看你现在 就会做这些
So get over it.
所以接受现实吧
Housekeeper?
是管家吗
Yes, I was sent by... Back door.
是 我是 去后门
Mrs. Forrester will be with you shortly.
福雷斯特太太一会来见你
How do you do? I'm Mrs. Forrester.
你好 我是福雷斯特太太
How do you do?
你好
It's customary,Mildred,
穆德莉 做仆人的规矩是
for the servant to sit on the Mistress' invitation,
女主人要你坐下你才能坐
not on her own initiative.
不是你想坐就坐的
It's perfectly all right,
其实没什么
but on little things, especially with an inexperienced woman,
不过细节上的事还是有必要从头教起
I find it well to begin at the beginning.
尤其是没什么经验的人
Do sit down.
坐吧
We've many things to talk about,
我们有很多要谈的
and it'll make me quite uncomfortable to have you standing there.
你老站着 会让我不舒服
This is all right.
我站着就好
Mildred, I invited you to sit down.
穆德莉 我让你坐下了
Now.
好
As the employment agency people no doubt informed you,
职业介绍所的人应该告诉你了
Mr. Lenhardt and I are to be married next month,
兰哈特先生和我下个月结婚
and I am determined to bring
我打算把他这阴森森的房♥子
this mausoleum of his into the 20th century.
装♥修♥得时髦一点
And I shall need a highly
我需要个能干的人
capable person to take charge of the plans.
负责相关事宜
Now.
好
Private quarters are above the garage,around back,
佣人房♥在后面车♥库♥上面
and your daughters are welcome to come and live with you there.
你的女儿可以来和你一起住
I,myself,have two children from my previous marriage,
我自己也有两个孩子 和前夫生的
though, of course, fraternization
不过 孩子之间
between the children would not be permitted.
决不允许交朋友
I don't foresee a problem,though,seeing
这应该不成问题
as you'd have your own entrance on the lane
你们进出都走后门
and, whatever the case,
其它有任何问题
any such concerns can certainly be taken care of.
相信都可以解决
I don't think I'm quite the person
我想我不是你要找的人
that you want here, Mrs. Forrester.
福雷斯特太太
I beg your pardon?
请再说一遍
I don't think I'm quite the person for the job.
我可能并不适合这份工作
If you'll excuse me.
请见谅
The mistress terminates the interview, Mildred.
面试什么时候结束该由女主人说了算 穆德莉
Mrs. Pierce, if you don't mind.
请称呼皮尔斯太太
And I'm terminating it.
现在是我说了算
Harris will show you out. I'll find my way.
哈里斯会带你出去 我自己会走
Nine have been arrested for attacking white girls!
九人因袭击白人女孩被捕
Read all about it!
快来看报
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表