剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
Veda...
维黛...
that uniform Letty's wearing?
莱蒂穿的那个工作服
Look! I ain't so tough!
看啊 我并非那么坚强
Where did you find it, and why is Letty wearing it?
你在哪找到的 为什么让莱蒂穿上
Why?
怎么了
Those uniforms were on the top shelf of my closet,
我把那件工作服放在壁橱顶层
under a pile of sheets.
上面还压着一叠床单
Once again...
你又
you were snooping into my things
翻我的东西了
to see what you could find, weren't you?
想看看能找到什么 是不是
I was looking for a handkerchief. Weren't you?
我只是在找手绢 撒谎
I was not, and I resent the accusation.
没撒谎 我讨厌你这么说我
Then...then how did it happen to end up on Letty?
那是怎么跑到莱蒂身上的
I merely assumed, Mother, that you'd bought them for Letty.
我只是以为那是你给莱蒂买♥♥的
And if she was going to be taking my things to the pool,
如果她要给我带东西到游泳池去的话
I assumed you wanted her decently dressed.
我想你也希望她穿的像样些
To the pool? What things?
去什么游泳池 带什么东西
My swimming things.
我游泳用的东西
She always walks two steps behind us to the bus.
往车站走的时候 她总是离我们两步远
And carries our bags both ways.
一路都替我们拎着包
What? Does she go in swimming?
什么 她去游泳
No, sir! Because she can't swim!
不啊 她不会游泳
She can't swim and she'll get drownded.
她不会游泳 下水非淹死不可
And Red will have to pull her out.
那莱德还得下去救她
He's the life guard and he's stuck on her.
莱德是救生员 还很迷恋她
Mrs. Pierce?
皮尔斯太太
What?
怎么了
That, that... That's enough!
够了 够了
I'll be right there, Letty.
我就来 莱蒂
Ugh. Really, mother.
真是的 妈妈
It seems to me your making a great fuss over nothing.
我觉得你真是小题大做
If you bought the uniforms for Letty, and
除了莱蒂 我也想不出工作服还会是
certainly, I can't imagine who else you bought them for,
给谁买♥♥的 既然是给莱蒂买♥♥的
then why shouldn't she wear them?
那干嘛不让她穿呢
It's time for your bath.
你该洗澡了
Nooo! No, no, no, no, no. Nooo!
不要 不要 不要
Stop squirming. No, No!
别动了 不要
I never even make a gain
我没挣过一分钱
Believe me
相信我
I'm always chasing rainbows
我总是追逐彩虹
Waiting for a little bluebird in vain
等着青鸟 虚度光阴
Don't be mad at Veda, Mommy.
妈妈 别生维黛的气
She just likes pretending.
她就是喜欢做样子
I know she does...
我知道
All right, head back.
好了 头往后仰
Veda?
维黛
Gracious, Mother! You startled me.
天哪 妈妈 吓我一跳
Why did you give Letty that uniform?
为什么让莱蒂穿那件工作服
For heaven's sake, Mother, haven't I told you once?
我的天哪 妈妈 我都跟你说过了
How often do I have to tell you?
还要说几遍啊
I'm going to bed.
我要去睡了
You knew when you gave it to her, that it was mine, didn't you?
你给她的时候就知道那是我的 对不对
That it was my uniform.
那是我的工作服
Your uniform?
你的工作服
Yes.
对
It so happens, that I've taken a job in a restaurant,
其实 我在餐厅里找了份工作
in Hollywood.
在好莱坞
As a what?
做什么呢
As a waitress, as you well know.
做服务员 你知道的
Ye Gods!
上帝啊
Ye Gods! Oh, stop that!
上帝啊 住口
Ye Gods and little fishes!
我的上帝啊
So you and your sister can eat
这样才能让你们姐妹两个
and have a place to live, and a few clothes on your backs!
有地方安身 衣食无忧
I've taken the only kind of job I can get.
这是我唯一能做得工作
And, if you think, I'm going to
如果你以为
listen to a lot of silly nonsense from you about it.
我要听你那些胡言乱语的话
Then you're quite mistaken.
那你就错了
And if you think your nonsense
如果你觉得那些胡言乱语
is going to make me give up the job,
能说服我放弃这份工作
then you're mistaken about that too.
那你就更错了
How you ever found out what I was doing, I do not know...
你是怎么发现我是当服务员的
From the uniform, stupid. You think I'm dumb?
工作服啊 真笨啊 你以为我傻吗
You may not realize it, young lady,
也许你没有注意到 小姐
but everything you have costs money...
但你每一笔开销
from the maid you ordered to go traipsing with you to the pool,
让什么女仆和你一起去泳池边闲逛
to your food and clothes and everything else.
加上吃的穿的 一切的一切
And, as I don't see anyone else doing anything about it around here...
我还没发现谁能供的起你们这些
Aren't the pies bad enough?
做馅饼卖♥♥还不够吗
Did you have to go and degrade us all by becoming a waitress!
你非要去做服务员让我们难堪吗
That, that's...quite enough!
够了 给我闭嘴
A waitress?
服务员
You don't ever give me credit for any,
你不肯给我半点
any finer feelings, do you?
半点安慰 对吗
Oh, Mother, cut the penny dreadful dramatics.
妈妈 别这么一副苦大仇深的样子
You're working in a...
你在
in Hollywood.
好莱坞工作
It's fine. I'll try not to think about it.
好吧 我尽量不去想它
The truth is...
事实上
I've felt exactly the same as you.
我之前和你想得一样
And I never would have taken the job to begin with,
我从未想过我会干这样的工作
if it hadn't been that I...
如果我不是...
that I've decided to open a place of my own.
想开一家属于自己的店的话
And had to learn the business.
我得学着做生意
From the ground up.
从最底层学起
That's the reason I took the job in the first place.
所以我才会接受这份工作
What are you... What do you mean, a place of your own?
你在... 你说什么 自己的店
A restaurant, of course.
当然是开个餐馆
There's money in a restaurant, if you run it right.
如果经营得当 能赚不少钱
You know how to run a restaurant?
你知道怎么经营餐厅吗
Well, yes. Well... I'm learning.
当然 我还在学
I'm learning how.
学着怎么经营
What kind of restaurant?
什么样的餐厅
I don't know, exactly.
还不知道
But something nice.
但肯定是个漂亮的
Something we can be proud of.
我们能引以为豪的地方
A fine restaurant?
高级餐厅吗
Well, yes, of course.
对 当然了
As fine as it could be.
越高级越好
Oh, Mother.
妈妈
Mother, forgive me for being so wretched before.
妈妈 原谅我之前的无理取闹
I'm sorry I acted so horribly.
我不该那么无礼
I think, it's just wonderful, just wonderful,
我觉得你的计划很好 真的很好
what you're planning. Truly I do.
我说真的
I know, dear.
我知道 亲爱的
And I know you'll do wonderfully well.
我知道你一定能成功的
I'm certain of it.
我坚信
Oh, Veda.
维黛
What is it, Mother?
怎么了 妈妈
Nothing, dear.
没什么 亲爱的
It's just that you were right, and I was wrong.
你是对的 我错了
No matter what I say, no matter what anybody says,
不管我说什么 不管别人说什么
never give that up,
永远不要轻言放弃
that way you have of looking at things.
要坚持你自己的看法
I can't help it, Mother.
我没办法 妈妈
It's how I feel.
我就有这种感觉
I know it is.
我知道
And from now on,
从现在起
things are going to get better for us.
一切都会慢慢好起来
I'm certain they will.
我保证
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表