剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表
will revive and will prosper.
它会复兴和繁荣起来
So, first of all,
因此 首先
let me assert my firm belief
让我表明我的坚定信念
that the only thing we have to fear is
我们唯一需要恐惧的
fear itself.
就是恐惧本身
Oh! Oh, there's Mother.
妈妈来了
Nameless, unreasoning,
一种莫名其妙 丧失理智
unjustified terror,
毫无根据的恐惧
which paralyzes needed efforts
它把人转退为进所需的种种努力
to convert retreat into advance.
化为泡影
Practices of the unscrupulous money changers
那些寡廉鲜耻的银行家们
stand indicted in the court of public opinion,
将受到公众舆♥论♥的谴责
rejected by the hearts and minds of men.
将受到人类心灵的唾弃
Oh, there's Mother. Excuse me.
妈妈在那 抱歉
They have no vision, Mother!
他们目光短浅 妈妈
and when there is no vision, the people perish.
目光短浅的人注定会消亡
Yes, the money changers have fled Really?
没错 银行家们 是吗
from their high seats in the temple of our civilization.
已从社会文明的顶层落荒而逃
We may now restore that temple
让我们将亘古不变的真理
to the ancient truths.
还之于社会
Let me make it clear to you,
让我和你讲清楚
that the banks will take care of all needs,
银行能满足一切所需
except, of course, the hysterical demands of hoarders,
当然除了那些囤积居奇之流的疯狂需求
and it is my belief, that hoarding, during the past week
我相信这一星期来的囤积行为
has become an exceedingly unfashionable pastime,
已经成为极度过时的消遣了
in every part of our nation.
任何地方都不会再出现
It needs no prophet to tell you that when the people
毫无必要让先知告诉你们
find that they can get their money...
什么时候才能赚到钱
So, you got any plans for Repeal?
你对废除法令有什么打算
Repeal? You mean of Prohibition?
废除法令 你是指禁酒令吗
Yeah, just that.
对 就是啊
Why, I don't see how it affects me.
为什么这么问 和我有什么关系
You kiddin' me? It affects you plenty.
开玩笑 和你的关系大了去了
You may not have heard,
你也许没听说
but folks out there are getting crazy for a drink.
外面的人都疯了一样要找酒喝
A decent drink out in the open
光明正大地喝
without a secret password, or some yegg with his face in a slot.
不需要什么暗号♥ 或者躲躲藏藏的
You think your trade's gonna stick by you
你以为你的生意会长盛不衰
because they like your chicken and
就因为他们喜欢你的鸡肉
they want to help a plucky little woman get along?
并且乐意帮一个勇敢无畏的小女人吗
Ha, like hell, they will.
才怪
When they find out you're staying dry,
当他们发现你这没酒
they'll tag you for a back number,
就会给你贴个落伍的标签
and go where they can get what they want.
然后到其他地方找乐子去了
What, you think, I should sell liquor?
什么 你觉得我应该卖♥♥酒吗
It'll be legal, won't it?
是合法的 不是吗
I wouldn't even consider such a thing.
我想都不会去考虑
Why not?
为什么
Do you think I run a saloon?
你以为我开的是酒吧吗
Mildred, it's not going to be like it was in the old days.
穆德莉 现在时代不同了
It's going to be respectable.
这是很体面的生意
It's going to put the restaurant industry back on its feet.
能让餐饮业再度振兴起来
But I don't know the first thing about liquor.
但我对酒吧一无所知
Well, I do.
我知道
You might say, Ike has a vested interest in the industry.
艾克在这方面可是有门路的
So, listen to this.
所以 听好
You put in the booze, and I'll run it for ya,
你上酒水 我来替你打理
for a straight 10% of what I take in, plus tips.
收益的百分之十归我 小费另算
You? A bartender?
你 做酒保吗
Why not? I'd make a damned good one.
怎么了 等着瞧好吧
And how much would all this cost me,
依你内行的眼光看
in your expert opinion?
我得花多少钱在这上面
Five hundred, tops... for bar,
顶多五百块 包括吧台
construction, furniture, plus the liquor.
装♥修♥ 设备再加上酒水
Five hundred dollars?
五百块这么多吗
Oh, Lucy, I don't know.
露西 我不知道
This place is going gangbusters. It's packed every night.
这种地方一定很赚 每晚都挤满了人
It's just not that simple. I've got loans. There's...
没那么简单 我要还贷款 还...
Veda's piano to think about.
还要给维黛买♥♥钢琴
I've still barely made a dent.
之前的缺口也没补上
And then, there's...
然后 还有...
there's Monty.
还有蒙特
Monty? He's flush!
蒙特 他不挺有钱的吗
He looks it enough.
表面风光而已
The truth is, his business went bust. Just last month.
实际上 他的生意破产了 就上个月
What? The growers...
什么 那些种植者...
the farmers that raise the fruit,
农民的水果都提价了
they all signed up with the Exchange.
他们都联合起来定价
That's it.
就是这样
Every dime he had, was in that fruit company.
他的收入都来源于那家水果公♥司♥
He's had to put his house on the market.
他说已经要卖♥♥♥房♥♥子了
I had no idea.
我一点都不知道啊
And you're...
那你...
I'm helping out. It's only temporary. He'll land on his feet.
我暂时帮衬着他 他会好起来的
I'll be...
会的...
So I've really gotta do this?
你说我真要上酒吗
It's what I'd do.
我是你就会上
Next one's legal!
下一杯合法哦
That's Robert Mackey over there.
罗伯特·马奇都来了
I tell you, if that church mouse is in here,
跟你说 要是那个穷鬼都来了
Prohibition really has ended.
禁酒令是真到头了
Your Frankie was right.
你朋友说的没错
I don't want to talk about it.
我不想说这个
What is it, 80% profit per drink?
怎么了 因为卖♥♥一杯酒赚八成利
Happy customers?
还是顾客高兴惹你不舒服了
I don't see the question.
我看都挺好的呀
Wally says, I don't have a choice. Mmm.
沃利说 我没得选
Is that your third drink?
那杯是不是第三杯了
I don't know. Who's counting?
不知道啊 谁数它呀
Why? Well, now I...
怎么了 我现在 我...
You didn't say anything to Veda, did you, about the piano?
你没跟维黛说钢琴的事吧
No. I can't stand the thought of disappointing her.
没有啊 我可看不得她失望的样子
Not a word.
半个字都没说
Truly? Scout's Honor.
真的吗 发誓没有
Let's get out of here.
咱们走吧
**Gone is the romance and broken the vow*
*情已逝 誓已破
**We used to be sweethearts but what are we now*
*曾经如何甜蜜 今却这般疏远
**Happy-go-lucky you and*
*你的随遇而安
Could you just run her by after practice tomorrow?
明天她上完钢琴课 你带她去一趟吧
She knows exactly what she needs.
她知道要买♥♥什么
I won't have time before Sunday.
我周日之前没时间
She doesn't need a new dress to see my mother.
见我妈不用特意买♥♥身新衣服
It's not just for that.
也不光因为这个
Then, where?
那还要去哪儿
Quick sup at the Pie Wagon,
流动小吃车糊弄顿饭
or home, sweet home?
还是"温馨小厨"
Not the Pie Wagon. Why do you have to call it that?
不是流动小吃车 你干嘛叫它这个
Yes, take her to dinner.
没错 带她去吃晚餐
I'll meet you after the rush. Mmmhmm.
我这边忙完就去找你 嗯
For dinner, and gasoline.
晚饭和汽油钱
Your paid gigolo thanks you.
本小白脸谢了
I don't think that's very nice.
我不喜欢你那样说
Well, it's true, isn't it?
事实如此 不是吗
Is that the only reason you come here?
你是为这个才来找我吗
What? Not, not at all.
什么 不 完全不是
Come what may, swing high, swing low,
不管我风光也好 落魄也好
you're still the best piece of tail I ever had, or could imagine.
你永远是我遇见的最不可思议的女人
Monty, suppose you go home.
蒙特 你回家吧
What? What's the matter with you?
什么 你这是怎么了
I think you know.
我想你明白
剧集 | 幻世浮生(2011) | 导航列表