剧集 | 追捕刺客(2024) | 导航列表
他想撤销土地赠予
He wants to reverse the land grants.
我得回去
I need to go back.
撤多少
How many?
全部
All of them.
他有这个权力
Can he?
是的
Yeah, he can.
(刺杀前三个月)
早安 我们是来拜访谢曼将军的
Morning. We're here to see General Sherman.
希望顺利吧
Here goes nothing.
将军 有一群牧师来了
General, I have a delegation of preachers
他们代表乔治亚的自♥由♥人
representing the freedmen of Georgia.
怎样能最好地改善现状
What would most improve conditions?
改善现状最好的办法 是拥有属于自己的土地
What would most improve conditions is owning our own land.
拥有土地意味着我们能积累资本 投资于美国企业
Land would mean we could build capital and invest in American enterprise.
按法律 我们是资产
We were property by law.
现在我们想拥有资产 以人的身份奠定根基
Now we want to own property to gain a foothold as a people.
我们中的大部分人在获得自♥由♥时一无所有
Most of us were freed without a thing.
资产意味着我们能自耕自种
Property would mean that we could till our own soil,
我们能赚取工资
we could earn our own wages,
我们能保护妇女和儿童
we could protect our women and children.
你怎么看
What say you?
这个举动颇具争议 这还是往轻了说
Controversial, to say the least.
因为你的领导
Well, thanks to your leadership,
我们得以没收数公里的沿海土地
we've been able to confiscate miles of coastal land.
我的问题是
Let me ask you this:
你会下令让军队去执行土地赠予吗
Would you order the Army to enforce land grants?
我主要的担心不是道德方面 而是后勤操作方面
My main concern is not moral, it's logistical.
你觉得应赠予自♥由♥人多少土地
How many grants do you have in mind?
斯坦顿部长画了 南 北卡罗莱纳和乔治亚的地图
Secretary Stanton has drawn up a map of the Carolinas and Georgia
总共四万块土地
that equals 40,000 tracts.
全部一次授出
All at once?
夏天授出六千块土地
6,000 grants through the summer.
每名自♥由♥人获得约四千平方米的土地 外加一匹骡子
Forty acres for each freedperson, plus a mule,
在你的人把骡子腾出来后
once they can be spared by your men.
其他三万块 甚至更多呢
The other 30,000 or more?
如果能按计划进行 在冬天前授出
If it goes to plan, before winter.
行 我会重新划分沿海土地
Fine. I will redistribute the coast.
我母亲教了我一句老话 “温顺之士将继承大地”
My mother taught me the old saying, "The meek shall inherit the earth."
我们看到了自♥由♥人战斗时是多么勇武
We saw how well freedmen fight.
不再是“温顺”了
Meek no more.
我们控制了南方时 格林先生把一座美丽的房♥子借给我
Mr. Green has lent me this beautiful house while we're controlling the South,
但我仍想念自己那破屋子
but I still miss my own damn pillow.
每个人都应有自己的家
Everyone should have a place to call home.
告诉我在哪里签署这份命令
Show me where to sign that order.
(美国战争部第15号♥令)
谢谢你 威廉
Thank you, William.
我明白你承担的政♥治♥风险 谢谢你
I understand the political risk you take. Thank you.
这个国家将永远有人无法走出贫困
This country will have a permanent poor.
为什么有色人种不能像你我一样 靠自己发家
Why can't the colored people be self-made men like you and me?
你拥有奴隶 那怎么算“靠自己”
You owned slaves. How is that self-made?
我没读你的计划 现在我读过了
I hadn't read your plan. Now I have.
我认为免费送出去这么多土地不妥当
It don't sit right with me, giving away so much for free.
我们不能在解放这些人的同时 任由他们一无所有
We cannot free these people into society with nothing to their name.
没有教育 创业资本或房♥屋
Without an education, without capital to build businesses, homes.
这些人♥大♥多数甚至连自己的真名都不知道
These are people, most of whom don't even know their true name.
我们需要给他们尊严和公民的权利
We need to give them the dignity and the rights of citizens.
我没说他们不能拥有权利 他们只是不能拥有土地
I didn't say they can't have rights. They just can't have the land.
我目前正在处理近四万块土地赠予的手续
I have almost 40,000 land grants in the works now.
你将看到成千上万的痛苦民众沦落街头
You will see thousands in misery. On the streets.
这是你想要的美国
Is that the America you want?
如果我的想法让你不安 你不是必须要承受
If my ideas disturb you, there's no requirement.
我很乐意再找一位战争部长
I'm happy to find another war secretary.
二十万黑人曾参军作战 当中许多人为这个国家奉献了生命
200,000 colored men served. Many gave their lives for this country.
黑人不能拥有土地
The niggers can't keep the land!
你派军队去收回土地
Now, you assign troops to reacquire the acreage,
否则我会换个愿意做的人去
or I will find someone who will.
你这么做是个错误
You're making a mistake
这可能需要数十年来修正
that may take decades to mend.
拜托 我请求你
Please. I am begging you.
别撤销命令
Keep the order.
埃德温 这不是个游戏
This ain't a game, Edwin.
我是认真的
I mean it.
一定有什么办法
There has to be a move to play.
我觉得你别无选择 我认为土地赠予没戏了
I don't think you have a choice. I think land grants are over.
如果我们无法执行我们的纲领 打败他们有什么意义
What was the point of defeating them if we can't impose our agenda?
我们仍联合了各州
We still reunited the states.
他用我的职位做威胁
Well, he's threatening my position over it.
我知道这个命令对你有多重要
I know how much this order means to you,
但我不认为撤销命令值得让你退位 离职
but I don't think its reversal is worth you stepping down and leaving,
然后再无法完成你的任何计划
to never finish any of your plan.
现在约翰逊是总统
Johnson is president now,
无论我们是否乐意 至于这份新命令
whether we like it or not. And this new order?
如果你想留在内阁 那就有责任听命于他
It's your duty to obey him if you wanna remain in the Cabinet.
你想辞任吗
Do you wanna resign?
如果他只是在虚张声势呢
What if he's bluffing?
先生 我相信他是认真的
Sir, I believe him.
我觉得你必须接受
I think you have to accept...
你的新角色是抑制约翰逊最糟糕的直觉
your new role is to temper Johnson's worst instincts.
我向亚伯保证过
I promised Abe.
土地赠予是重建计划的基底
The land grants are the foundation of Reconstruction.
但如果你可能会失去职位 那要如何完成他的遗愿
And how are you gonna finish his work if you risk your position?
这是个悲剧
It's a tragedy...
但让约翰逊收回土地吧
but let Johnson take back the acres.
然后做好安排 保护重建计划的其他部分
Then put things in place to protect the rest of Reconstruction.
像你之前那样 在战争中夺取优势
Do what you did to gain advantage in the war.
意思是
Meaning?
以攻为守
Stay on the offensive.
挑选战役
Choose your battles.
大卫
David.
是空的
It's empty.
是空的 还是没人在家
It's empty, or no one's home?
我睡床
I'm taking the bed.
G
G.
很不错
Good job.
先生们 不好意思 有什么事吗
Excuse me, sirs. Now, what's this about?
这是私人土地 你们非法侵入
This is private property. This is trespassing.
麦洛 别惹事 等一下 - 马上离开
Milo, don't start nothing. Just wait! - Leave here, right now!
(兹收回所有美国土地赠予)
(地契:即时失效)
你是不是也收到了一匹骡子
Did you also receive a mule?
居民们获得了一匹骡子和土地
Neighbors got a mule and land.
我妹获得了十六万多平方米的土地 没有骡子 为什么问这个
My sister got these 40 acres. No mule. Why do you ask?
他们...在履行职责
They-- They're doing their duty.
什么意思
What do you mean?
这是出错了还是...恶作剧
This a mistake or-- This not a trick?
玛丽 怎么了 上面写着什么
What's wrong, Mary? What it say?
上面写说我们必须把土地还给政♥府♥ 它不再属于我们了
It say we gotta give this land back to the government. It's not ours no more.
爸
Pa.
这是你的小屋
This your cabin?
爸
Pa.
爸爸
Pa!
查利 你还好吗
Charley? You all right in here?
不用紧张
No cause for alarm.
我们只想找个地方休息一下
Just looking for a place to stay for a little.
你们有出行工具吗
You boys got transportation?
我们需要搭一程
We're gonna need a ride.
爸 那不是海报上的男人吗
Pa, ain't that man there the man on the posters in the--
你敢说我的名字试试 小子
Don't you say my name, boy.
查利 你去把我的车驶过来 听到吗
Charley, you go on and fetch my wagon, you hear?
(苏拉特 布斯 赫罗德 十万美元赏金)
我在想 老爸 关于法律的事
I was thinking, Pop, about the law.
查利 怎么了
What about it, Charley?
就是想叛徒的事
剧集 | 追捕刺客(2024) | 导航列表