剧集 | 追捕刺客(2024) | 导航列表
Mary Lincoln is still inside at the wake.
看守好她的马车和周遭区域
Secure her carriage and the area,
然后你们会护送第一家庭和棺材前往费城
and then you'll escort the First Family to Philadelphia with the coffin.
保持警惕 - 是 长官
Please stay alert. - Yes, sir.
(苏拉特 布斯 赫罗德 1865年4月20日 十万美元赏金)
(杀人犯仍然逍遥法外 五万美元赏金)
(两万五千美元赏金 两万五千美元赏金)
(埃德温M.斯坦顿 战争部长)
他的确让我对他说一句话
He did have a line that he asked me to say to him.
能告诉你吗
May I share it with you?
“人真是一种特别的造物 在理性上如此高贵
"What a piece of work is man. How noble in reason.
在功能上如此多样”
How infinite in faculties."
亚伯很喜欢你在《哈姆雷特》里的表演 这件事让他倍感自责
Abe loved your Hamlet performance. It was a great weight on him,
派男孩们上战场
sending boys to fight.
看剧让他放松
Theater eased him.
你丈夫本身也是位出色的演说家
Your husband was a great orator himself.
关于我兄弟对他做的事 我表达深切的歉意
I deeply apologize for what my brother did to him.
我的兄弟也是联盟军的 我们和他们不一样
My brothers are Confederates too. We're not our brothers.
我不配得到你的仁慈 但多谢你
I do not deserve your kindness, but thank you.
是他
It's him.
你好吗
How are you?
你找到安保队了吗
Have you located the security team?
正在努力
Working on it.
埃德温布斯来这做什么
What is Edwin Booth doing here?
林肯太太很喜欢他 他曾在驶来的火车前救下罗伯特
Mrs. Lincoln is fond of him. He saved Robert from an oncoming train.
你讯问了埃德温没
Did you question Edwin?
贝克讯问了
Baker did.
听着 罗伯特想和你聊聊 他在调查机构
Listen, Robert wants to have a word with you. He's looking into institutions.
什么意思
What do you mean?
安置他母亲的精神病机构
Mental institutions for his mother.
(刺杀前三个月)
抱歉打扰你们开会
I apologize for interrupting your meeting,
但事态紧急 我们必须解决 关于罗伯特的意见分歧
but it's urgent that we resolve our disagreement about Robert.
我不打扰你们谈 - 埃德温 请留下 你是专家
I'll leave you. - Edwin, please stay as the expert.
罗伯特请求为合众国上战场
Robert's made a plea to serve for the Union.
亚伯和我在他的愿望上持不同意见
Abe and I are on opposite sides of his aspiration.
不能等到晚餐后再解决吗
Can this wait until after supper?
罗伯特今晚不愿回哈佛 除非我们做好决定
Robert refuses to go back to Harvard tonight until we've made up our mind.
我已经因为他的勇气做好决定了 我说过 我全力支持他
My mind was made by his courage. He has my full support, I've said.
但我不支持
But he doesn't have mine.
你必须让男孩成长为男人
Have to let a boy become a man.
我想让我们的大儿子 能活到成长为男人那天
I want our first-raised boy to live long enough to become a man.
我们作为第一家庭有责任树立榜样
Our obligation as a First Family to set an example.
我们珍爱儿子
Our son is not more dear to us
而其他父母也同样珍爱他们的儿子
than the sons of others are to their mothers and fathers.
我同意 我想让你知道 我无法再承受一次牺牲
I agree with that. I'm letting you know I cannot bear another sacrifice.
为了我拒绝他
Deny him for me.
战神让他的儿子上战场了 他也失去了两个孩子
Mars lets his son serve. He's also lost two children.
他为了保护艾迪 让他做文书工作 他不是真的入伍
He protects Eddie with a desk job. He's not truly enlisted.
你们俩都让富人出钱 给他们的儿子买♥♥豁免卡
You both let rich men buy their boys out of draft cards
而爱尔兰和黑人男孩们则入伍 这一切都不公平
while the Irish and Negro boys serve. None of this is fair.
为了当总统 这么辛苦到底有什么意义
What's the point of working so hard to be in office?
如果我们不能保护自己的孩子 那获得特权的意义在哪
What's the point of gaining privilege if we can't give our children the odds?
弗莱德里克道格拉斯让他的儿子入伍
Frederick Douglass, he lets his own sons serve.
一些当奴隶的母亲 她们的宝宝从襁褓中被夺走
There's mothers in slavery, had babes plucked from their breast,
卖♥♥到种植园 再也无法相见
sold into plantations, never to reunite.
也是这些母亲
Those same mothers,
她们让能够留在身边的宝贵儿子们上战场
they sent to the fight those precious sons that they were able to keep.
我们怎能剥夺罗伯特加入他们的机会
How can we deny Robert the opportunity to join them?
所有的母亲都是我的姐妹 我不是来这里比谁更痛苦
All mothers are my sisters. I'm not here to compare grief.
我是让你知道我无法再忍♥受 哪怕一丝一毫了 请站在我这边
I'm letting you know I cannot bear an ounce more of it. Take my side, please.
我让你与罗伯特解决这件事 你尝试了吗
I asked you to resolve this with Robert, and have you tried?
我来之前尝试过 - 他对你的论点怎么回...
Before I came here. - And what did he say to your argument--
他指责我畏首畏尾 焦虑不安
He accuses me of cautiousness and anxiety.
我没有数据能支持我的观点
I don't have the figures to back up my claims.
战神 如果罗伯特入伍 他会有什么风险 你有数据吗
Mars, what are the risks to Robert if he serves? Do you have figures?
取决于他在哪里入伍
Depends where he serves.
我可以将他派到格兰特将军的队伍里
I can assign him to General Grant's circle.
他在那里的存活几率更高
He would have better odds there.
战争意味着在极难的决定中 做抉择 但我们必须做决定
War means choosing between impossible decisions, but we have to make them.
罗伯特已经为自己做了决定
Robert has made this decision for himself.
让他去格兰特手下服役吧
Let him serve under Grant.
但你们俩 我有个请求
But both of you, I ask you.
这是代表天下的母亲说的 想办法取胜 结束这场战争
Speaking for all mothers, find a way to win and end this war.
如果能赢 我们的孩子 不应在战场上多留一小时
Our boys shouldn't be at risk an hour more than is absolutely necessary to win.
我们向你承诺
We promise you that.
罗伯特 你想和我说话
Robert. You wanted to speak to me?
我的母亲情绪崩溃了
My mother is having emotional crises.
我都还没念完书 而且...
I haven't even finished school yet, and...
罗伯特 看着我
Robert, look at me.
我也有过同样的经历 我理解你
I've been in your shoes. I understand.
但别找借口 她现在需要你的支持
But no excuses. She needs your support now.
说句话
A word.
我要如何修复名誉 和格兰特将军合影
How do I restore my name? A photograph with General Grant?
来一场白宫表演
A White House performance perhaps?
你和你的弟弟亲近吗
You close with your brother?
我们不再联络了
We stopped speaking.
为什么
Why was that?
因为政♥治♥ 而且威尔克斯 在我面前总是扮演受害者
Politics. And Wilkes always played a victim to me.
你弟弟对总统做的事 他选择的地点
What your brother did to the president, where he did it,
以及方式都表明了他视自己为英雄
and how, that tells me that he sees himself as a hero.
是的 我最后一次见到他时 他说
That's true. The last time I saw him, he said,
“我唯一爱着的是南方”
"I have love only for the South."
他以为自己能救南方
He thought he could save it.
你最后一次见他是何时
When did you last see him?
你们打败里士满那天
The day you defeated Richmond.
我想那是大家都明白了 联盟军会覆灭的日子
I suppose that's the day that we all knew that the Confederacy would die,
但我弟弟无法接受
but my brother took it so hard.
我从没见过他像哀悼里士满战败 那样去哀悼一个人
He mourned Richmond more than I've seen him mourn a person.
我们必须今晚撤离 但我不会退出
We had to evacuate tonight, but I'm not leaving the play.
(纽约市 冬园剧场)
当你在北方的舞台上演戏
When you play the Northern stages,
有传言说你为联盟国干活
word spreads that you contribute to the Confederacy.
(火烧曼哈顿计划之夜)
我的大部分观众都让儿子投身合众国♥军♥队
Most of my audiences have sent their sons to fight for the Union,
或是反对奴隶制
or they're anti-slavery.
所以当你以布斯的姓去同一个剧院表演时
So when you play the same theater with the Booth name,
他们可能误以为我是联盟军的 你玷污了我的名声
they could confuse me for a Confederate. You stain my reputation.
你无权告诉我可以在哪里工作
You have no right to tell me where I can and cannot make my living.
我可以去任何你工作的剧院演戏 你不能阻止我扬名
I can play any stages you do. You will not condemn me to obscurity.
阻止你的是你的演技 你只有愤怒或自怜
Your acting condemns you. All you have is rage or self-pity.
好吧 我不需要纽约 波士顿 费城
Fine. I don't need New York, Boston, Philadelphia.
我去弗吉尼亚表演 为所有支持我们的观众表演
I'll play Virginia. I'll play to all the audiences who support the cause.
别在这里大声说这话
Don't say that out loud here.
怎么了 你以为纽约 不是遍地都是同情南方派
What, you think New York isn't swarming with Copperheads?
别自欺欺人了 哥哥 我们无处不在
You fool yourself, Brother. We're everywhere.
你知道吗 我不需要你 从来都不需要
You know what? I don't need you. I never have.
你一直都需要我 没了我 你算哪根葱
You have always needed me. Who would you even be without me?
拜托了 我只说一半的台词 都能赢得更多的喝彩
Please. I could get more applause with half the lines.
你真会异想天开
You believe in things that will never happen.
能为我签名吗
May I have an autograph?
好的
You may.
这本书不错
That was a good read.
有什么问题
What's missing?
其实 我很好奇你的童年
I'm curious about your childhood.
我的童年
My childhood?
男孩如何成为明星
How the boy became a star.
很好 非常好 大卫
That's good. Very good, David.
这很傻 但它让我想起 我从前常和我妹妹玩的一个游戏
It's silly, but it reminds me of a game I used to play with my sister.
我们会把我父亲的奴隶聚集在盥洗室
We would gather my father's slaves into the scullery,
然后我们把小孩打扮成皇室贵族的模样
and we would dress the little ones up as royalty.
我们会给他们来一场皇家汇演
And we'd give them a command performance.
我觉得这是你应得的
I feel you've earned it.
我喜欢诗歌♥
I like poetry.
剧集 | 追捕刺客(2024) | 导航列表