Kids, in April of 2013,
孩子们 2013年4月
your mother and I were very close
我和你们的妈妈住得很近
and yet very far apart.
却互不相识
I was living on West 82nd Street.
我住在西82街
She was up on West 115th.
她住西115街
She was getting a degree in economics.
她在攻读经济学学位
I was teaching architecture.
我在大学里教建筑学
I was always at MacLaren's.
我总是光顾麦凯伦酒吧
She was always...
她总是
not spending all her time in a bar.
不怎么去酒吧
She was dating some finance guy named Louis.
当时她跟一个叫路易斯的金融男约会
And I...
而我呢
I was alone.
孤身一人
Ted, get ready to be surrounded by
泰德 马上你会被一群
half-naked, grease-covered bodies.
全身抹油的半裸体包围着
And by grease, I mean motor grease.
我说的油 是指汽车润滑油
We're going to Robots vs. Wrestlers!
我们要去看机器人♥大♥战摔跤手啦
Kids, you remember Robots vs. Wrestlers.
孩子们 你们还记得机器人♥大♥战摔跤手吧
Forget everything you remember
忘掉一切有关
about Robots vs. Wrestlers.
机器人♥大♥战摔跤手的记忆
This is Robots vs. Wrestlers: "Legends."
这次是机器人♥大♥战摔跤手之传奇大战
Elderly wrestlers fighting old-timey robots
高龄摔跤手对抗老爷机器人
in a wheelchair-accessible wrestling ring.
场地是一个轮椅摔跤台
Why are we still sitting here?
我们为什么还坐在这儿
I got a big lecture tomorrow.
我明天有堂重要的课
Think I'm gonna take it easy tonight.
今晚就不折腾了
Ted, trust me, 20 years from now,
泰德 相信我 20年以后
you'll be glad you saw Robots vs. Wrestlers: Legends.
你会庆幸自己见证了这场传奇大战
I can't imagine a world where that's possible.
我想象不出来这种可能性
I'm serious.
我是认真的
20 years from now,
二十年后
when my 26-year-old third wife asks me about this...
我第三任26岁的妻子问我这场比赛
You make a lot of those jokes.
这种玩笑你开得太多了
I'm gonna say,
我会说
"Yeah, it was awesome, but you know the funny thing?
"太精彩了 但你知道最搞笑的是什么吗
Ted almost didn't go."
泰德差点就没去"
"But thank God he did, because it was a great night."
"但是感谢上帝他去了 那晚太精彩了"
And then she and I will adjourn to the Jacuzzi,
然后我们会转战到按♥摩♥浴缸
where my fourth wife will be waiting for us,
我的第四任妻子在那里等我们
already warming herself up on the jets.
她已经在喷水口那里自嗨了
Oh, Robin's here-- I'll tell you the rest later.
罗宾来了 剩下的等会再说
Please do, that story could go anywhere.
记得要说 这故事有无限可能
Here we are at the bar once more.
我们又到酒吧来了
"What will I have to drink?" You ask.
你们会问"我们该喝什么呢"
Minnesota Tidal Wave.
明尼苏达海啸
"What's that?" You ask.
你们会问"那是什么玩意"
Only the best cocktail ever.
史上最好喝的鸡尾酒
"Who invented it?" You ask.
你们再问"是谁发明的"
Me.
我
And it's not a girly drink.
这可不是女性饮品
Lily, why would you even say that?
莉莉 你干嘛说那几个字
Girly drink.
女性饮品
Hey, I am the least girly girl on Earth,
我世界上最不女人的女人
and I love the Minnesota Tidal Wave.
我就很喜欢明尼苏达海啸
Thank you, Robin.
谢谢 罗宾
Matter of fact, I'm going to go order one
实际上 我要去点一杯
right now with my head held high.
并且要昂首挺胸地走过去
Lily. You want me to order it for you?
莉莉 你想让我帮你点吗
Yes, please, thank you, baby.
是的 谢谢宝贝
Ted, let me tell you the secret to life.
泰德 我告诉你生活的秘诀是什么
Every time I make a decision
每次我要决定
about what to do on a given night, I ask myself,
要在某个夜晚干点什么时 我就问自己
"What would make the best memory 20 years from now?"
"干什么会变成二十年后最美好的记忆"
So I let 20-Years-From-Now- Barney call the shots.
所以我让二十年后的巴尼替我决定
And it always works out.
每次都能奏效
And 20-Years-From-Now-Barney
二十年后的巴尼
thinks we should go to Robots vs. Wrestlers?
认为我们应该去看机器人♥大♥战摔跤手
I don't know. Let's ask him.
我不知道 问问他吧
Close your eyes, Ted.
闭上眼睛 泰德
Okay, now open them.
好 现在睁开
Barney, I swear to God,
巴尼 我发誓
if I open my eyes and your bare ass
如果我睁开眼睛看见你的光腚
is an inch away from my face again...
又紧贴着我的脸
Just open your eyes.
快睁开眼
Ted, I'd like you to meet 20-Years-From-Now-Barney.
泰德 这是二十年后的巴尼
20-Years-From-Now-Barney, you remember Ted.
二十年后的巴尼 你记得泰德吧
'Sup?
你好啊
Hey, Ted.
泰德
What's this I hear-slash-remember
我听说并记得
about you not wanting to see Robots vs. Wrestlers?
你不想去看机器人♥大♥战摔跤手 是吗
Yeah, it's just that I don't want to see it.
是的 我就是不想去而已
You don't... I know.
你不... 我知道
He doesn't... I know.
他不... 我知道
Ted, trust us, it's gonna be legend--
泰德 相信我们 这将是一场传...
wait 20 years for it...
再等个20年
...dary!
奇
Legendary! Legendary!
传奇 传奇
Okay, uh, I'm gonna go home.
好了 我要回家了
No, Ted, look. Come on!
听着 泰德 别走
If you don't believe that robots vs. Wrestlers
如果你不相信机器人♥大♥战摔跤手
is gonna be a life-changing event,
将会是你人生的转折点
maybe you'll believe 20-Years-From-Now-Ted.
或许你会相信二十年后的泰德
'Sup?
你好啊
Wow, so many things all at once.
突然要消化这么多东西
But most importantly...
但是最重要的是
I don't go bald?
我居然没有秃顶
Nope.
没
And neither do I.
我也没秃
Ted, listen to me.
泰德 听我说
You, listen to you.
你 听你说
Me.
也就是我
You got to go to Robots vs. Wrestlers: Legends.
你必须去看机器人♥大♥战摔跤手之传奇大战
Trust me, you will regret it if you don't.
相信我 不去看的话你会后悔的
So, what, do I go bald or something?
到底是什么 我会秃顶还是怎样
Is that a toupee?
那是假发吗
Ted, scalp check! Can't Robin do this?
泰德 检查头皮 不能叫罗宾吗
Come on, you've been doing it for years.
快点 你都给我检查好几年了
You know the frame of reference.
你知道参比依据
Scalp check!
头皮检查
Hmm, that's odd.
真稀奇
Little early in the week for scalp check.
这周检查头皮的时间略早啊
Five tablespoons of sugar,
5大汤匙糖
a whisper of vanilla vodka
再一点点香草伏特加
and you're done.
就大功告成了
Maraschino cherries.
酒浸樱桃
Oh, and a handful of maraschino cherries on top.
最后在上面加点酒浸樱桃
Wait, you're ordering a Robin Scherbatsky.
等一下 你们点的是罗宾·特布罗斯基
Why didn't you just say that?
干嘛不直接说
One second there, barkeep.
等等 酒吧老板
Unless I'm mistaken,
我要是没记错的话
the drink this lady just ordered
这位女士刚刚点的是
is called the Minnesota Tidal Wave.
明尼苏达海啸
Origin unknown.
发明人未知
Oh, well, you know, Robin's been ordering them so much lately
罗宾最近总是点这种酒
that we named it after her.
所以我们以她的名字命名了
You named a drink after me?
你们用我的名字做酒名
Right there in the menu.
菜单上写着呢
Congrats.
恭喜
罗宾·特布罗斯基
鸡尾酒
I can't drink this.
我喝不下去了
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表