第11-12集
Can I get you guys anything to drink?
你们想喝点什么吗
Scotch, neat. Jinx.
苏格兰威士忌 纯的 厄运结
Oh, my... God.
我的... 老天
Kids, you may be wondering why five adults
孩子们 你们可能难以理解为什么五个
in their 30s would take a jinx so seriously.
30多岁的成年人会对"厄运结"如此在意
It all started one day five years ago.
这都源于五年前的一天
Ooh, Van Helsing.
哦 范海辛[电影名]
Jinx. You're jinxed.
"厄运结" 你被下咒了
That means that you can't speak until someone
所以从此刻起 你不能说一句话
who was present for the jinx says your name, or else
直到目睹了厄运结之人说出你的姓名
you will have very bad luck.
不然你就等着突遭横祸吧
That's ridiculous.
简直是无稽之谈
You broke the jinx.
你把"厄运结"打破了
Marshall, I'm a grown-ass man.
马修 我是一个成熟的男人
I'm on my building's co-op board.
我还是公♥司♥的联合董事会成员
When I say a Pinot Noir tastes
当我说黑比诺红酒加上少许大黄
luxuriously earthy with a hint of rhubarb,
这样品起来既奢华又不失泥土的芳香
I'm not faking it.
我可不是胡诌的哦
I've had several
我有不少床伴
of the same sexual partners as Henry Kissinger.
之前可都是基辛格的枕边人
I'm not about to stop talking just because I was jinxed.
小小"厄运结"休想让我闭嘴
Barney broke three limbs and two vertebrae,
巴尼断了三根肋骨和两根脊椎骨
but he never broke another jinx.
但"厄运结" 他再也不敢打破了
In fact, he started taking jinxes way too seriously.
事实上 他开始对"厄运结"走火入魔
Barney, I'm on hold with Sports Talk AM
巴尼 我打通了体育电台
to talk to my childhood hero from the Minnesota Twins.
要跟儿时明尼苏达双城队中的偶像通电♥话♥啦
Who's your childhood hero?
你的儿时偶像是谁啊
Frank Viola. Frank Viola Jinx!
弗兰克·瓦奥拉[棒球明星] 厄运结
Hello, this is Frank.
你好 我是弗兰克
Anyone there?
有人吗
Hello?
你好
I can hear you breathing, you coward.
都听见你喘息声了 你个胆小鬼
So, when someone finally jinxed Barney
所以当多年之后终于有人
for the first time in years,
给巴尼下了"厄运结"的咒
we were pretty psyched.
我们都超级兴奋
The reign of terror is over!
恐怖魔王的统治结束啦
I've had this cigar in my pocket for two years,
这根雪茄在我口袋里等了两年
waiting for this moment.
只为此刻
Aw, that would've been good about two years ago.
两年前味道应该更好
Cheers.
干杯
Huzzah! Huzzah.
好嘞 好嘞
Oh, oh, oh, you want us to say your name
你这是想让我们说出你的名字
and un-jinx you?
帮你解开"厄运结"吗
I don't think so, pal.
想得美 老哥
This is gonna be a long jinx.
这个"厄运结"要维持很久呢
Like Yom Kippur services long.
就像犹太赎罪日一样长[25小时]
The only difference is, Yom Kippur's a fast
唯一的区别是 赎罪日得斋戒[很快]
and this one's gonna be a slow.
而你的"厄运结"可要度日如年啦
Now, Ted,
泰德
I was wondering if you could expand upon what you were saying
可否帮个忙来给我详细解释说一下
earlier about antiquated currency.
你之前提到的老钱币
Ah, yes, yes.
对 对 对
Contrary to popular belief,
与普遍的认知恰恰相反
the buffalo nickel was modeled on
早期五分镍币上的野牛是取材于
the Black Diamond bison
一头名叫"黑钻石"的野牛
rather than the more iconic Western Plains bison.
而不是更具代表性的西部平原野牛
To wit,
换句话说
if President Taft had had his way,
如果塔夫脱总统也这么来的话
we'd all be talking about the egret nickel.
五分镍币上就要印白鹭了
In the winter of 2012
2012年的冬天
the skyscraper that I designed was about to open,
我设计的摩天大楼就要投入使用了
which got me thinking about the most influential
这也不禁让我想起一位对我
architecture professor I ever had.
影响最深的建筑学教授
So when the children of our grandchildren's children
所以每当我们孙子的孙子问我们
ask us "who were we,"
"我们是何许人也"时
they'll find the answer carved
他们能在我们设计的建筑物
into the granite poetry of our architecture.
那块用花岗岩雕刻的诗篇中找到答案
Okay.
好啦
It doesn't get any better than that.
没有比这更棒的了
Class dismissed.
下课
Wow, just wow.
太... 令人赞叹了
Do you need something?
有什么能帮你的吗
I have an apple
我有个苹果
I was hoping to eat in silence.
想着安安静静地吃
Of course, Professor Vinick, I, um,
好的 维尼克教授 我...
I-I sketched out a design,
我画了一份设计图
and it'd be such an honor if you took a look at it.
你如果能过目一下就再好不过了
Oh, well.
那好吧
It is believed
传言中
that it took the pharaohs over 100 years
法老们花了一百多年的时间
to build the Sphinx.
才建起狮身人面像
So...
那么
you think...
你的意思是...
I should spend more time on it?
我该再多花点时间吗
Oh, dear God, no.
我的老天 千万别
This is terrible.
这作品烂透了
Then, why'd you mention the Sphinx?
那你干嘛要提狮身人面像
I find my mind is often with the Sphinx.
我的思绪常飘到狮身人面像上
Anyway, you'll never be an architect.
话说回来 你永远也成不了建筑师
You'll never be an architect.
你永远也成不了建筑师
You'll never be an architect.
你永远也成不了建筑师
You'll never be an architect!
你永远也成不了建筑师
Well, guess what.
你们猜怎么着
I sent Professor Vinick
我给维尼克教授寄了
the invitation to the opening of my building,
我大楼开幕仪式的请帖
so he'll see that I did become an architect,
让他看看我真的成为了一名建筑师
and that I've moved past his petty, hurtful words.
我也原谅他那些小气伤人的话了
Wow. 15 years later and you're still this obsessed.
都过去十五年了 你还耿耿于怀
Yeah, if Vinick ever goes missing,
如果维尼克教授无故失踪
the cops are gonna come looking for him in your basement.
警♥察♥绝对直奔你家地下室去找
Totally, he's Ted's pit guy.
绝对的 他就是泰德的"井底之囚"
How dare you?
你胆敢再乱说一句
And what is that?
还有那是啥意思
A pit guy is someone
"井底之囚"就是那个
you've been obsessed with for so long...
让你耿耿于怀了许久
that it's driven you crazy enough
让你发疯到一定程度的人
to throw them in a pit in your basement
以至于你会把他们扔进地下室的井里
like in The Silence of the Lambs.
就像电影《沉默的羔羊》里那样
I'm not gonna Silence of the Lambs him.
我不会对他下此狠手的
At most, I'd Revenge of the Nerds him.
顶多我会学电影《菜鸟大反♥攻♥》那样
Though I don't see a scenario
虽然我觉得他同意
where he agrees to play me in a pentathlon.
和我进行五项全能这种桥段 压根不会上演
Yeah, I'm with Ted--
我同意泰德
there is no one I hate enough
我实在是找不到一个让我
to throw into a pit.
恨到要将其"囚于井底"的人
What?
干嘛
When Robin's most hated coworker Patrice
当罗宾最看不顺眼的同事帕特里斯
started dating Barney,
和巴尼开始约会时
she became obsessed.
她一直耿耿于怀
Patrice, Patrice goes in your pit.
帕特里斯 她绝对是你的"井底之囚"
Guys, I told you,
我都跟你们说了
I am done obsessing about Patrice.
我对帕特里斯早就释怀了
Just drop her.
她的事就丢一边吧
Drop her in a pit. Enough.
是把她丢进"井底"吧 你够了
We all have people that we would throw in our pits,
每人心中都有自己想丢入井底的人
and I'm sure we all have people
我也相信 肯定有人
who would like to throw us in their pits.
也想把我们丢进他们的"井"里
Yeah, if Marshall or I ever go missing,
对 如果马修或者我失踪了
I'll tell you whose basement to look in.
我告诉你们该去谁的地下室找
Daryl LaCourte.
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表