When a girl jumps in your car in a wedding dress,
一个女孩穿着婚纱跳进你的车里
you can't act surprised to find out
难道会很难猜出
she wants to get married.
她是想结婚的吗
Besides, we dated before, and that time counts.
再说了 我们以前交往过 那段时间也算
We just hit pause on the clock.
分手只是让时钟暂停而已
See, a lot of really smart people would argue the clock resets.
很多聪明人会反驳说 分手后时钟会归零
It un-pauses, everybody knows that.
是取消暂停 不是归零 这是常识
You know, Barney's a little late.
巴尼有点小迟到
I hope he's okay.
希望他没事
Ah, he's fine, and I still don't think
他没事 我还是觉得
he's crying out for help.
他没在求助
Sorry we're late.
抱歉我们来晚了
We just came from the tailor.
我们刚从裁缝那里过来
Brover couldn't settle on a tie, so I just bought them all.
把尼选领带时拿不定主意 所以我全给买♥♥了
You say no to that face.
谁能对这张萌脸说不
There's a reason that you're not
你无法全心全意的投入
a hundred percent in this with me, Ted.
与我的感情是有原因的 泰德
Something's holding us back.
有事让我们停滞不前
Well, what is it?
是什么
I think we've established I'm not great at picking up on clues--
我想我们已经确定我不是很会察言观色
well, in this situation.
感情方面吧
As a kid, I was known as a bit of a detective.
但我小时候可是有名的小侦探
In fact, when my friend's retainer went missing,
我朋友的牙套保持器不见了
the Mosby Boys were put on the case, and it was...
莫斯比小子着手调查这件案子 这...
The retainer was in the garbage.
牙套保持器就在垃圾桶里
The Mosby Boys were you, your sister,
莫斯比小子是你 你妹妹
and a neighborhood squirrel you thought you had tamed.
和小区的一只你自以为驯服了的松鼠
I can't believe Squirrel-lock Holmes turned on us like that.
不敢相信松洛克·福尔摩斯会攻击我们
Eight weeks of training down the drain.
八周的训练付之一炬
You know how I know that, Ted?
你知道我怎么知道的吗 泰德
Because we covered it in the "getting to know you" part
我们在六年前交往时
of the relationship six years ago.
在"了解对方"的过程中谈到的
Six years.
六年了
Then... what's holding us back?
那是什么让我们停滞不前
Call in the Mosby Boys, Ted,
召回莫斯比小子吧 泰德
let me know if they crack the case.
破案后告诉我
Guys,
伙计们
Brover is not only the best bro I've ever had,
把尼不仅是我交过最棒的兄弟
he's amazing with the ladies.
他还对姑娘们很有一套
I'm sorry, don't you think it's a little pathetic
抱歉 你不觉得用一条狗去勾搭妹子
to use a dog to pick up chicks?
有点可悲吗
Sir, wingmanship is a two-way street.
先生 泡妞搭档是相互帮忙的
If Brover meets a cutie, I'll take the hit
如果把尼看到靓狗 我会替他挡一刀
and chat up the chubby lady friend.
引开胖乎乎的狗闺蜜
Sometimes I'll be the jerk...
有时我会充当坏蛋
...so Brover can swoop in and be the hero.
好让把尼上演英雄救美的把戏
And like any good wingman,
如同所有的泡妞搭档一样
I gather as much intel as I can right up front.
我会在前线尽可能地多收集情报
How old's your dog?
你的狗多大
She's five.
五岁
What's that in dog years?
按狗龄来算呢
Like, 35.
差不多35岁吧
We're done here.
那我们走了
Well, you were right.
你们说对了
Victoria says something's holding us back,
维多利亚说有事让我们停滞不前
and I don't have any idea what it is.
而我却浑然不知
Any brilliant insights, Oprah?
有什么高见吗 奥普拉
Steadman?
斯特德曼[奥普拉的老公]
Um, try Gayle.
说我盖尔吧[奥普拉的女性好友]
Marshall, I want you to take this one.
马修 这次你来吧
You're ready.
你准备好了
Oh, I don't know.
我不确定
Although I do hear this little voice in the back of my head
尽管我听到脑后有股微小的声音
trying to tell me something.
试图告诉我些什么
That's your inner goddess.
那你是内心的女神
Listen to her, channel her.
聆听她的话 传达她的主旨
If Victoria quenches your thirst like a tall glass
如果维多利亚就像炎热的七月里的
of sweet tea on a hot July day...
一杯香甜的茶 让你解渴...
Marshall, why is she Southern?
马修 为什么她有南方口音
Don't let him break the connection.
别让他中断和女神的联♥系♥
...well, you got to make an honest woman out of her.
你该让她说出真实想法
Okay, I'm leaving.
好了 我走了
But, but,
但 但
if not, well, then, sugar...
如果做不到 甜心
...you got to let that nightingale
你就该让那只夜莺
spread her wings and soar
展翅高飞
to her own beautiful tomorrow.
飞向自己美好明天
Testify.
此言有理
You guys are the worst.
你们烂爆了
Where am I?
我人在哪里
Sorry.
抱歉
Uh, go for Barney.
我是巴尼
I see.
明白
Totally understood.
完全理解
I'll do that.
包在我身上
Great.
棒极了
Thank you.
谢谢你哦
That was Brover's owner.
电♥话♥是"把你"的主人打来的
I guess, while she was out of town,
估计是她出远门不在家时
he ran away from his kennel,
"把你"逃了出来
and now that she's back, I have to return him.
现在她回来了 我得把他还回去
Oh, Barney, I'm so sorry.
巴尼 真遗憾
Oh, it's all good.
没事没事
Um, excuse me for one moment.
请容许我离开一下
Hey, Barney.
巴尼
No, no. No, no!
苍天啊 为什么
Wha...
什么
Victoria.
维多利亚
Will you marry me?
你愿意嫁给我吗
Yes, of course.
愿意 当然愿意
There's just one thing.
不过还有一件事
Anything. You name it.
什么事 尽管说
You can't be friends with Robin.
你得跟罗宾绝交
You won't marry me
除非我和罗宾绝交
if I'm still friends with Robin?
否则你就不会嫁给我吗
Wait. She's the thing that's been holding us back?
等等 她就是令我俩关系停滞不前的原因吗
There-There's just too much history there.
你们之间有太多的过去了
I mean, Robin's the reason that we broke up the first time around.
我们第一次分手就是因为罗宾
Robin's our roadblock.
罗宾是我们之间的路障
Robin's the deep, dark pit
罗宾是个伸手不见五指的大深坑
where our relationship goes to die.
我们的关系一掉进去就得死
But nicest girl in the world. Salt of the earth.
不过她是世界上最好的姑娘 优秀公民
But she's with Nick now.
可她现在已经有尼克了
I mean, sure, his cooking show is lousy
虽然 他的厨艺秀挺烂的
with awkward catchphrase attempts.
老是说些奇怪的口号♥
Oh, my gosh, who's ready to nosh?
我勒个去呀 谁想要吃呀
Who's popping a chub for some grub?
谁想打爆白鲑肚子 来点里面的蛆呀
I offer my deepest apologies
关于那个"打爆白鲑肚子"的发言
to anyone who was offended by my "Popping a chub" remark.
我对对此不满的观众表示深深的歉意
I can and will do better.
我会改进改善
Won't happen again.
保证不犯同样的错了
And now who's ready to eat my meat?
那么现在 谁想要吃我的肉啊
Oh, come on.
不会吧
But Robin's happy with Nick,
可罗宾和尼克在一起很开心
and I'm happy with you.
我和你在一起也很开心
Look, I, i just asked you to be my wife.
你看 我刚才都向你求婚了
Isn't that proof there's nothing between me and Robin?
这不就证明我和罗宾之间没什么了吗
Well, maybe today there isn't,
也许今天你们之间没有
but what about tomorrow?
可谁能保证明天
Or next week or 15 years from now?
下周 或15年后会不会有呢
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表