剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表
From an early age, we are led to believe
从小我们就被灌输
that a degree from a prestigious university
名牌大学的毕业证书
will set us apart from the next man.
能让我们从平凡的世界里脱颖而出
That the promise of higher education is to get a leg up
高等教育能助我们一臂之力
and bring us closer to our aspirations.
帮我们更贴近各自的梦想
But for some people, that higher education
但对有些人来说 高等教育
only creates more space between them and their goals.
恰恰是他们与梦想之间的一道鸿沟
And let's be honest,
把话说开了
those "Some people" are Black people.
这里的"他们" 说的就是黑人
Yo, you got to relax, bro.
哟 放松点 兄弟
You got this.
你可以的
I know, I know. I just...
我知道 我知道 我只是
I just feel like I don't want to reek of desperation.
只是觉得我不想显得走投无路
Okay? But to be clear, I am very desperate.
行吗 但是说实话 我确实很绝望
Yo, you... you... Don't be.
哟 你 你 没必要
You got six months til you graduate, bro.
你离毕业还有六个月呢 老兄
Six months. You're gonna get a job.
六个月 你肯定能到工作的
I don't have six months.
我没有六个月了
I owe 100K in student loans now, Doug.
我现在已经欠着十万刀学生贷款了 Doug
Right now.
此时此刻
Come on, the line's over there.
走吧 队在那边
Bro, you're looking at this the wrong way.
兄弟 你看问题的角度都不对
You're a diversity hire with mad community service hours
你是拥有超长社区服务时长的少数族裔
and a highass GPA. Okay.
平均绩点还特别高 嗯
All these dudes at these companies are gonna be
这些公♥司♥的人肯定都
begging for you to be their one non-threatening Black work friend.
争着抢着想让你当他们安全无害的黑人工作伙伴
Wait, wait... Watch.
等等 等等 你看
I can be threatening.
我很威猛凶悍啊
You're wearing a vest, bro.
你穿着件马甲呢 哥
Tupac wore a vest.
Tupac也穿马甲啊
Not to a career fair, he didn't.
他也不是在招聘会上穿的
Bro, look, you just gotta go in there
兄弟 听我说 你只需要进去
with your signature Aaron Jackson charisma...
散发标志性的Aaron Jackson人格魅力
...and you'll be good.
就没问题了
You're right, you're right. You're right. I'm gonna go in here.
你说的对 说的对 对 我只需要走进去
Yes.
没错
I'm gonna get a job with good benefits.
我就能找到福利很好的那种工作
I'm talking about student loan forgiveness program...
我说的是学生贷款宽免那种
Right. ...A sixfigure starting salary...
对 六位数的起步工资
Uhhuh. ...maybe a little Maxima.
嗯哼 再配上一辆西玛车
I love those cars.
我太爱那种车了
See you later, bro. You're gonna kill it.
一会见 兄弟 你肯定没问题
Yep. Excuse me.
好的 不好意思
This is as far as it's gonna go.
就只能前进这么点啊
Okay.
好吧
Although Aaron was facing one corporate Caucasian complication after another,
尽管Aaron面对着一家接着一家高加索人公♥司♥的刁难
he was determined to keep pushing forward.
他还是决心继续尝试
This all looks really good, but typically,
这些看起来都很不错 但是一般
our candidates are accounting majors.
我们招的都是会计专业的人
So, you'd say you have a wealth of project management experience, then?
所以 你是说你有很丰富的项目管理经验 是吗
I'm just struggling to see how your "Experience"
我只是不太清楚 从你的经历中
translates to this particular skill set.
如何体现某项特定能力
Well, we appreciate you submitting your résumé,
那个 我们很高兴收到你的简历
and we'll certainly be in touch if you're a good fit.
如果有合适的职位 我们一定会尽快跟你联♥系♥
Right, I appreciate you looking out, brotha.
好 谢谢你赏识我 兄弟
Yeah, hey, uh, look, Joey, I'm just stepping into class right now,
嗯嗯嗯 听我说 Joey 我现在马上要进教室了
but I promise as soon as I'm out,
但我保证我一下课
I'm gonna e-mail you those looks, okay?
就把那些服装都用邮件发给你 行吗
All right. Hit you later. Bye.
好嘞 一会聊 拜拜
Of course the only seat open
简直不能再巧 唯一的空位
is beside the girl I found out was sleeping with my ex.
就在那个我发现跟我前男友上♥床♥的女生旁边
Hey, girl! How you doing?
嘿 姐妹 最近怎么样
Good, good. How are you?
挺好 挺好的 你呢
Oh, me? I've been really good.
哦 我啊 我也特别好
I've been... I've been so good.
我简直太好了
I've been the truest definition of G-double-O-D good.
简直就是个大写的好
You know? Good.
知道吗 挺好的
Good. So, that's me.
嗯 我就是这么个情况
Uh, look, I just wanted to apologize for the other night.
呃 听我说 我想为那天晚上道歉
I didn't know you and Luca had a history.
我不知道你跟Luca有过一段
Ancient history.
很久之前了
It's just like... prehistoric at this point.
现在看 都好像是史前时代的事情了
It's so old.
太久了
So old, like a young Morgan Freeman old.
太老了 要追溯到摩根弗里曼年轻的时候了
That's old. Uhhuh.
那是挺老了 嗯哼
Well, look, we should grab a drink or something.
好的 那 我们其实应该一起喝点什么
Oh, I... Wow.
哦 我 哇哦
Uh, yeah, no, I would love that.
呃 行 不是 我很想去
Drinks shall be grabbed.
是该喝点什么
Okay, so here's a little bit about me.
好的 我来简单介绍一下我自己
Uh, I am hardworking, dedicated,
呃 我努力 专注
a natural-born leader.
是个天生的领袖
I just think I could seamlessly fit into the culture at your company.
我就是相信 我可以完美的渗透进你们的公♥司♥文化
In fact, one of your senior VPs, Andre Johnson,
事实上 你们的一位高级副经理 Andre Johnson
is my friend's dad, so...
是我朋友的爸爸 然后
Oh, cool, cool. Yeah.
哦 挺好 挺好 嗯
My dad owns the company.
公♥司♥是我爸开的
Yeah, and my dad has been banned from
哦 我爸爸被禁止
the Staples Center for the next five years.
在未来五年内出现在斯台普斯中心
It's nothing weird.
也不是因为什么奇怪的事
He just likes to have sex with strangers in the nosebleed section.
他就是很喜欢跟山顶座位区的陌生人上♥床♥
You know, he tried having sex with people he already knows,
你知道 他有试过跟那种他认识的人上♥床♥
but he just doesn't like it as much.
但他觉得不太过瘾
Great, well, you guys seem... you guys seem great,
挺好 那 你们看起来 你们看起来很不错
and I would love the opportunity to apply.
我很希望能有申请来这里的机会
And the fact that you guys help pay back your employees' student loans...
而且 你们帮助偿还员工学生贷款的行为
Amazing. It'd really help me out a lot.
简直伟大 真的能帮我个大忙
What? What?
什么 怎么了
Oh, that doesn't sound right. We don't do that.
哦 那个好像不太对 我们没做过这种事
I don't think that's... Oh, look at that!
我不觉得这 哦 看那个
Wow. There it is.
哇 在这
I'll be damned. Crazy.
见鬼了 疯了
Well, listen, we have been looking to bolster our urban division.
好的 听我说 我们一直在尝试开拓都市部门
One of our execs has just been so checked out lately.
我们其中的一位经理最近总是不知溜到哪去了
Oh. Charlie.
哦 Charlie
Yeah, absolutely. I haven't seen him in a while.
对 就是 我很久没看见他了
It's been two days at least.
至少有两天了
Anyway, thank you for your résumé.
无论如何 谢谢你投来的简历
We're gonna have interviews on Friday from 2:00 to 5:00,
我们将在周五下午两点到五点举♥行♥面试
and then those candidates that are selected
被选中的求职者
will be notified via e-mail.
将会收到邮件通知
Okay, awesome.
好的 完美
Hey, well, I look forward to hearing from you.
嘿 那个 很期待能收到你的邮件
And you. Hell, even your dad.
还有你 我天 还有你♥爸♥爸
Oh. Daddy would love you.
哦 我爸一定会很喜欢你的
I'm gonna go now. Thank you. Yep.
我要走了 谢谢 好
I like your ponytail. Mm.
我喜欢你的马尾 嗯
Hi.
嗨
Ohh!
哦
Love this song!
超爱这首歌♥
You love Beethoven?
你喜欢贝多芬吗
Yeah, yeah. Great movie.
是啊 是啊 电影超好看
Hey, yo, Sky, good luck being a traitor to your race.
嘿 哟 Sky 祝你背叛种族愉快
What the [bleep] did you just say?
你♥他♥妈♥刚刚说什么
Because I'm dating a White guy, I'm a traitor to my race?
我和白人男生约会 就背叛种族啦
Y'all mess with White girls all the time.
你们这群人天天跟白人姑娘鬼混
You're the real traitor to your race.
你们才是种族的背叛者
And your mama.
还有你妈妈
What?
什么
Why you bringing my mama into this?
你为什么要在这提我妈
剧集 | 成长不容易(2018) | 导航列表