剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
Where are you going with this?
总统女士
Madam President,
椭圆形办公室有录音系统是真的吗
is it true that you have a recording system in the Oval Office?
有消息人士声称
We have a source who claims
由约翰肯尼迪最早安装的 一个录音系统至今仍在使用
that a recording system first installed by John F. Kennedy is still in use.
就算有录音系统仍在使用
Even if there was a recording system in use,
这些录音带也受到总统特权的保护
those tapes would be protected by executive privilege.
我们要看法♥院♥对此有何评论
We'll see what the courts say about that.
我们将调取这个办公室里
We are going to subpoena any recordings made in this office
你丈夫作证那一周的所有录音带
on the week of your husband's testimony.
如果有任何掩盖的企图
If there was any attempt at a cover-up,
不仅他将被指控犯有伪证罪
not only will he be charged with perjury,
你也将因妨碍司法公正而被弹劾
you will be impeached for obstruction of justice.
你开什么玩笑
You can't be serious.
国会120年来都没弹劾过总统了
Congress hasn't impeached a president in more than 120 years.
就算对你而言 这卑鄙程度也破纪录了
This is a new low, even for you.
这话从一个让卡尔罗夫 和李艾特沃特替她干脏活
Well, that's rich coming from a woman who had Karl Rove and Lee Atwater
以保持自己冰清玉洁的形象之人口中说出 也太讽刺了吧
to do her dirty work so her image could remain as pure as driven snow.
那些关于比尔克♥林♥顿♥有私生子的 自动语♥音♥电♥话♥
All those robocalls about Bill Clinton's supposed secret love child,
现在你想抢占道德高地
and now you wanna claim the high ground?
迪克 你的目的是什么 你有目的吗
What's your point, Dick? Do you have one?
签署航♥天♥局法案
Sign the NASA bill.
这是明智的举动
It's the smart move.
因为如果媒体发现了拉里的…不慎重
Because if the press were to find out about Larry's… indiscretion,
你的政♥治♥地位会比现在削弱更多
your political standing would evaporate even more than it already has.
而且我很容易就能推♥翻♥你的否决
And I'd easily be able to override your veto.
如果不是迫不得已 我也不想走那条路
Now, I don't want to go that road if I don't have to.
但千万别误会
But make no mistake,
我将使用一切可用的手段 把这个法案变成法律
I will use every tool at my disposal to make this bill law.
很高兴你能来
Glad you could come.
来你的车♥库♥
To your garage?
我想让你看样东西 然后…告诉我 我没疯
I want you to look at something and… tell me I'm not crazy.
我的天啊
Jesus Christ.
在营救苏联宇航员的过程中
During the rescue of the cosmonauts,
我发现他们的核引擎设计和我们早期的
I discovered that their nuclear engine design was almost identical
一个版本几乎一模一样
to an early version of ours.
航♥天♥局内部有人给了他们这个设计
Someone at NASA gave it to them.
(玛高麦迪逊)
玛高
Margo?
她是唯一可以获得所有信息的人
She's the only one who had access to everything.
可是…玛高 玛高麦迪逊
But-- But Margo? Margo Madison?
她是航♥天♥局的局长
She's the head of NASA.
她三十年来一直努力超过苏联人
She's been trying to beat the Russians for three decades.
她为什么要这样做 毫无道理嘛
Why would she do this? It doesn't make sense.
我不知道 可是我无法摆脱这个想法 比尔
I don't know. But I can't get this out of my head, Bill.
我感觉我真的要发疯了
I feel like I really am going crazy.
对 很明显
Yeah, clearly.
这就像一个蝙蝠侠恶棍的巢穴
This is like the lair of a Batman villain.
让我给你解释一切
Let me lay it all out for you.
如果你仍然认为我疯了
If you still think I'm crazy,
我就把这些都烧掉
I'll burn all of it.
我得再来一瓶啤酒
I'm gonna need another beer.
(赫利俄斯航♥天♥公♥司♥)
我很自豪地宣布我们即将开始制♥造♥
I'm proud to announce that we are about to begin production
卡里普索 它将准备好在1999年发射
on Calypso, which will be ready to launch in 1999.
和凤♥凰♥号♥不同 卡里普索将采用核等离子推进器运行
Unlike Phoenix, Calypso will run on nuclear plasma propulsion,
它将有足够的能量 几乎可以随时飞往火星
and she'll have enough power to travel to the Red Planet almost anytime,
即使在正常的发射窗口期之外
even outside the normal launch windows.
而且我们还在制♥造♥两架一模一样的
And we're building two more just like it,
这将使我们能够迅速增加 我们在火星上的足迹
which will allow us to rapidly expand our footprint on the Red Planet.
在接下来的十年中 我们的基地将扩大到包括多个采矿业务
Over the next decade, our base will grow to include several mining operations,
一个太空港 种植作物的温室
a spaceport, greenhouses for crops,
和能容纳成千上万名殖民者的宿舍 将在新…
and dormitories that will house thousands of colonists in the new--
请停下
Just stop there.
需要我提醒你吗
Need I remind you,
一整座山刚刚塌在我们身上
an entire fucking mountain just came down on us,
几乎毁掉了我们所有的资产
wiping out nearly every asset we had.
更不用说死了三个人
Not to mention the three people who died.
是的
Yes.
可是你们当中有人记得詹姆斯镇吗
But do any of you remember Jamestown?
不是月球基地
Not the lunar base,
而是第一个英国在弗吉尼亚的永久殖民地 建于1607年
but the first permanent English settlement in Virginia, founded in 1607.
你们有人知道 在头三年里死了多少殖民者吗
Do any of you know how many settlers died in the first three years?
80%
Eighty percent.
死于疾病
From disease.
死于饥饿
From starvation.
死于气候
From the elements.
假如最早的殖民者说“这太难了
Suppose the original settlers said, you know, "This is just-- just too hard.
让我们忘记这个充满无限可能的新世界
Let's just forget about this new world with its unlimited possibilities
夹着尾巴回我们的祖国英格兰去”
and go back to Mother England with our tail between our legs."
你能想象这个情景吗
Could you imagine that?
天啊 迪克
My God, Dicky…
你忽略了大局
you have lost sight of the big picture.
我们找到了水
We found water.
足够让成千上万的殖民者生存下去
Enough to sustain a colony of thousands.
这不能改变我们的股价直线下跌的事实
It doesn't change the fact that our stock price is in a free fall.
司法部的反垄断律师们正在四处调查
Antitrust lawyers at DOJ are sniffing around,
我们刚收到了事故责任报告
and we just got back the liability report from the accident
说我们的一名员工造成了该死的滑坡
saying that one of our employees caused the fucking landslide.
所以雪上加霜的是 我们很可能面临巨额诉讼
So on top of everything else, now we're vulnerable to massive lawsuits.
董事会对此进行了详细讨论
The board has discussed this at length,
我们不再和你一样乐观了
and… we no longer share your optimism.
赫利俄斯已经在你的幻想上浪费了几十亿
Helios has squandered billions on this-- this fantasy of yours.
我们决定重新回到我们的核心业务
We've decided to pivot back to our core business,
在月球上开采氦3
mining helium-3 on the moon.
不会有更多的火星任务了
There will be no more missions to Mars.
各位 我知道这很让人焦虑
Guys, I know this is stressful.
没有人比我更清楚这一点
No one is more keenly aware of this than me.
你们再多给我一点时间
You give me a little more time,
我会带大家爬出这个坑
and I'ma pull us out of this hole.
我保证
I promise.
你就不能在一个任期内 检点一些 拉里
You couldn't keep it in your pants for one term, Larry?
-就一个任期 -我知道我搞砸了
-One term? -I know I messed up,
但如果巴伦有更多证据 他一定会使用的
but if Baron had more, he would've used it.
这件事会过去的 会没事的
It's go-gonna blow over. It'll be fine.
没事 你在宣誓作证的情况下说谎了
"Fine"? You lied under oath.
-你不明白吗 -他们陷害了我
-Don't you get that? -They set me up.
一清二楚 这是一个陷阱
Plain and simple. It was a trap.
他们没有强迫你跟他睡觉吧
They didn't force you to sleep with him, did they?
杰里米齐尔克有什么特别的 你愿意为了他抛弃
What is so special about Jeremy Zielke that you're willing to throw away
我们一生为之奋斗的
everything we've worked our entire lives to build?
我们的事业 我们的家庭
Our careers. Our family.
这比我记得的糟糕多了
Well, that was way worse than I remembered it.
我们现在怎么办
What the hell do we do?
如果他们听到这些 你就会进监狱 我会被弹劾
If they hear any of that, you'll go to jail and I'll be impeached.
我们不必上交录音
We don't need to give in on this.
这是你的私人财产
It's your personal property.
受到总统特权的保护
It's protected by executive privilege.
不 他们会把这事捅到最高法♥院♥ 我们大概率会输
No. They'll take it to the Supreme Court, and we'll probably lose.
如果我们输了 这不仅会削弱我 还会削弱我之后的每一任总统
And if we do, it'll weaken not only me but every president who succeeds me.
好吧 那么
Okay, so,
也许我们做出配合的姿态
maybe we give the appearance of cooperating.
把录音带的转录文本给他们
Send them transcripts of the tapes.
把定罪的部分涂黑
Black out the incriminating portions
声称这些部分事关国♥家♥安♥全♥
and claim they relate to national security.
没人会相信
No one will buy that.
的确
No.
好吧 假设…
Okay, suppose…
假设录音设备出了故障
Suppose the recording device malfunctioned.
出于某种原因 这部分是空白的
And for some reason, this portion is just blank.
我们不知道为什么 我们又不是录音技师
We don't know why. We're not recording technicians.
你是说删除它
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表