剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
乔伊娜克西击败苏联选手伊琳娜贝洛娃
Joyner-Kersee won gold over Soviet Irina Belova
在昨晚的比赛中赢得金牌
in last night's race.
在休斯敦 人们就北极星酒店灾难
And in Houston, more questions are being asked
和地球轨道上悲惨的人员伤亡事件
in the wake of the Polaris hotel disaster
提出了更多疑问
and the tragic deaths that occurred in Earth orbit.
航♥天♥局发誓将全面调查
NASA has vowed a full investigation
并审查其安全认证流程
and review of its safety certification process,
同时国会中有人♥质♥疑航♥天♥局缺乏监管
while some in Congress are questioning NASA's lack of oversight.
请你把它关掉行吗
Can you please turn that off?
- 悲剧让公众质疑... - 是 女士
- The tragedy has left the public asking-- - Yes, ma'am.
(赫利俄斯航♥天♥公♥司♥和戴夫阿耶萨 发起能源革命)
鲍德温女士
Ms. Baldwin.
感谢你大老远来到这里
Thank you for coming all the way out here.
没什么
Sure.
我...很遗憾听到山姆的事
I am-- I'm truly sorry about Sam.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们两位共同创建了很了不起的事业
You two built something amazing together.
所以我才请你来这里
It's why I asked you here.
这还不够吗
Is it not enough?
不是 你很慷慨
No, it's very generous.
如此慷慨 不禁让我好奇背后的原因
So generous it makes me wonder why.
我们公♥司♥的声誉全无
Our company's reputation is in tatters.
我们的债权人催着让我们还债
I mean, our debtors are calling in their loans.
如果你想把北极星拆解卖♥♥掉
I mean, if you were gonna sell Polaris off for parts,
你会给我出一个很低的价钱
you would make me a lowball offer.
但你不是只为了钱
But you are not just in this for the money.
没错
No.
我在某处读到你在测试一个新甲烷发动机
You know, I read somewhere you're testing a new methane engine.
据我所知
From what I know,
甲烷对前往月球的旅行没有多大优势
methane doesn't offer much advantage for trips to the moon.
但对前往火星有
But it does to Mars.
在我看来 赫利俄斯没有飞船
From what I can tell, Helios doesn't have a ship
能够支持乘组人员进行两年的旅行
that could support a crew for a two-year trip.
所以你们距离制♥造♥飞船还有到五年
So you must be five years away from building one.
其实是七年
Seven, actually.
但如果你们能买♥♥一艘能载人的飞船
But if you were to acquire a ship that could support human life,
假如说我的酒店 然后装上你的新引擎...
let's say my hotel, and attach your new engines to it...
这是一个精彩的理论
That's a fascinating theory.
你真的觉得你能做到
You seriously think you can do it?
我爸爸口袋里装着几块钱来到这个国家
My dad came to this country with just a few shillings in his pocket.
他获得了学位 成为了一名工程师
And he got a degree and became an engineer.
他相信杰克肯尼迪所说的
He believed what Jack Kennedy said.
“在美国...一切皆有可能”
"In America... anything is possible."
我仍然记得1969年的那个晚上 他坐在客厅
I can still remember him sitting in that living room that night in '69,
目不转睛地盯着电视机
glued to the TV,
收看苏联人把他们的红旗插在了月球上
watching the Soviets plant their red flag on the moon.
眼泪从他的脸上滑落
The tears were rolling down his cheeks.
我之前从来没见过他哭泣
I had never even seen him cry before.
那次是第一次 意义一定不寻常
Being first, it meant something.
但你面对的是两个世界上最富有
But you are going up against the two wealthiest,
最强大的国家
most powerful nations in the world.
如果他们像分割月球一般地分割火星
And if they divide up Mars like they did the moon,
我们将永远无法结束这个毁灭性的循环 “我们...和他们对抗”的循环
we'll never end this destructive cycle. This "us... versus them."
肯尼亚有一个斯瓦希里词语 “哈伦贝”
In Kenya, there's a Kiswahili word, "harambee."
意思是“团结更有力量” 相互负责
It means "stronger together." Mutual responsibility.
这才是赫利俄斯的精神
That is what Helios is all about.
就是它 它才能推动人类做出下一次飞跃
That! That's what's gonna push mankind to make the next leap forward.
殖民火星 以及土星和木星的卫星
Colonizing Mars, and the moons of Saturn and Jupiter.
我猜你要涨价了
I suppose now your price goes up.
那是很不错的演讲
That was a great speech.
我是说 它至少值再加10%
I mean, it was worth at least another 10%.
好吧 凯伦鲍德温 成交
Okay, Karen Baldwin. Done.
我会让我的律师们撰写合同文件
I'll have my lawyers draw up the paperwork.
祝贺你
Congratulations.
五 四 三 二 一
Five, four, three, two, one.
《游戏规则改变者》
各位闪开 我来了
Make a hole, people! Coming through!
我要立即见大元帅
I need to see the generalissimo right fucking now.
她不在
She's not available.
- 她还在亨茨维尔 - 是的
- She still in Huntsville? - Yes.
也许你能给我解释一下这个鬼东西
Well, maybe you can explain this bullshit to me.
我...不行 因为我看不懂 我看不懂盲文
I-- I can't, 'cause I don't read-- I don't read braille.
我敢打赌你会抄写黑暗女王 从她的洞穴里说出的每一个字
I'll bet you transcribe every word the mistress of darkness spews from her lair.
怎么 她以为我不会注意到 藏在最后的这个宝石吗
What, she think I wouldn't notice this gem buried at the end?
“宇航员候选人必须符合
"Astronaut candidates must conform to criteria
由宇航员候选人资质委员会设立的标准”
to be established by the Astronaut Candidate Qualifications Committee."
毫无疑问 精挑细选的傀儡委员会
Ha! Committee of handpicked stooges, no doubt.
都是些背后捅刀子 偷偷摸摸的...
Of all the backstabbing, underhanded--
你反应过度了
You're overreacting.
委员会只是一个顾问委员会...
The committee is merely an advisory board that's ju--
狗屁
Bullshit!
这是争夺权力 显而易见
This is a power grab. Plain and simple.
- 她在逼我采取行动 - 逼你采取行动
- She's trying to force my hand. - Force your hand?
火星任务
The Mars mission.
我们无所畏惧的领袖需要记住一件事
Our fearless leader needs to remember one thing.
由我决定谁去和什么时候去
I decide who goes up and when,
无论她在见鬼的备忘录里写了什么
no matter what she writes in any goddamn memo!
来吧 奥莉 我们走
Come on, Ollie. Let's go.
听着 你即将获得高级机器人学博士学位
Listen, with your getting doctorates in advanced robotics
再加上你在月球上的经验 我认为你非常适合
and your lunar experience, I think you are ideally suited
指挥1998年的火星任务
to command the Mars '98 mission.
第二次火星任务
The second mission to Mars.
那么让我澄清一点
So let me get this straight.
我的高级资历实际上 妨碍了我参加首次任务
My advanced qualifications actually worked against me going first?
对 好像是这样
Well, yeah. They kinda did.
我想不会是爱德和你认识了多年...
I don't suppose the fact that you and Ed go way back--
别往那里想 丹妮 你和我认识的时间同样很长
Don't go there, Dani. You and I go just as far.
我知道
I know.
莫莉 但这次你错了
But you're wrong on this one, Molly.
这是我的决定 我的看法就是这样
Well, it's my call, and that's how I see it.
毫无疑问 你更适合处理科学方面
Yeah, there's no argument you'd be better at handling the science.
你这种资历将会有重要价值
Someone with your qualifications will be invaluable
一旦首航证明这是可行的
once the first flight's proven it can be done
我们开始建设一个永久基地的基础设施
and we start building the infrastructure for a permanent base.
但爱德自始至终 是一个试飞员 以后永远都是
But Ed is first, last and always a test pilot.
他习惯于处理未知数
And he's used to handling the unknown.
第一次飞往火星
And a first flight to Mars
将会充满了未知数
is full of huge unknowns.
他也许不会是那个在火星上发现生命的人
He might not be the guy who's gonna find life on Mars.
但我想他是那个有最大的机会完成任务
But he is the guy who, I think, has the best chance of getting the mission done
把所有人活着带回家的人
and bringing everyone home alive.
这太令人失望了
This sucks.
对 是的
Yeah, it does.
如果你不想领导他的后备乘组人员 我完全理解
And I totally understand if you don't wanna lead his backup crew.
你考虑一下告诉我
So you think about that, you let me know.
我不需要考虑
I don't need to think about it.
我给他当后备
I'll back him up.
无论项目需要什么 无论爱德需要什么
Whatever the program needs, whatever Ed needs,
我都会支持
I'll be there.
现在 你们都看到了 我们可以利用火星上的大气和水资源
Now, as you can see, we can make methane, hydrogen and oxygen
生产甲烷 氢和氧
from the atmosphere and water resources on Mars.
现在我给你们提出的问题是
Now, the question I pose to you is
哪种技术为长♥期♥火星任务 提供了最佳权衡
which technology offers the best trade-off for a long-duration Mars mission
目标我们已经讨论过了
with the goals we discussed?
记住 这不仅和质量有关
Now, remember, it's not just about mass.
记住每一种情况在液化 运输
Keep in mind the power requirements for liquification, transportation
和储存方面的能源需求
and storage in each case.
在下周三前把你们的 分♥析♥用数字邮件发给我
D-mail your analyses to me by next Wednesday.
孩子们 别理会他 你们可以把作业交给肯穆里亚塔
Belay that, children. You can submit your work to Ken Muriata.
从现在起他将接管这门课
He will be taking over this class from now on.
为什么
Why?
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表