剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
出于某个原因 我想我不如你忙 女士
Well, somehow, I'm guessing not as much as you, ma'am.
很荣幸来这里
Honored to be here.
很抱歉这里乱糟糟的
Sorry about all the mess.
我们正在把竞选总部搬到
We're in the process of moving our campaign headquarters
一个更大的建筑物 所以有一点混乱
to a larger building, and it's been a bit chaotic.
相信我 我理解
Believe me, I understand.
我们去年刚翻修了州长官邸
We just had the Governor's Mansion renovated last year,
我到今天还在找我最喜欢的袖扣
and I am still trying to find my favorite pair of cuff links.
我们俩还没有过多少个人交流
Well, we haven't had much in the way of personal interaction,
但我一直很景仰你直截了当的做事风格
but I've always admired the straightforward way you carry yourself.
我想那是我们的共同点
I like to think we have that in common.
我非常同意
I couldn't agree more.
我一直是你的粉丝 自从...
I have been a fan of yours ever since--
你知道
Well, you know.
- 燃料箱事件 - 燃料箱事件
- The tank? - The tank.
那可真了不起 你一定经常听到
Heck, that was something. I'm sure you hear that a lot.
只是每天都听而已
Only every day.
从那时起 我就一直在关注你了
Well, I've been keeping an eye on you ever since,
而你在参议院的声音 对我们的政党非常宝贵
and your voice in the Senate has been so valuable to the party.
你在把我们带入21世纪
You're bringing us into the 21st century.
虽然不情不愿
Kicking and screaming, to be sure.
谢谢你这么说
Thank you for saying that.
那么 我相信拉里一定告诉你了
So, as I'm sure Larry made you aware,
我在考虑竞选伙伴一事
I'm considering my options for a running mate.
在我做出最后选择之前
And before I make my final choice,
我想和你开诚布公地谈谈
I wanted to have a frank conversation with you.
- 只有开诚布公才值得谈 - 很好
- Only kind worth having. - Good.
有好几个方面你我看法并不一致
There are several areas where you and I don't see eye to eye.
例如 干细胞研究
Stem cell research, for example.
确实 我不支持干细胞研究
True. I do not support stem cell research.
我是坚定的反堕胎者
I am staunchly pro-life.
我也是
As am I,
但这是一个很有前途的科学研究领域 能够拯救生命
but this is a promising area of scientific research that could save lives.
听着 我想要的副总统人选 是我可以依赖
Look, I want my vice president to be someone I can rely on
可以向我提供诚实 不加修饰的看法的人
for their honest, unvarnished opinion.
当然了
Always.
但我同时需要那个人和我站在一起
But I also need that person to be on the same team,
即使他并不同意我所做的每个决定 或我的每一个立场
even if they don't agree with every decision I make or every position I hold.
将来会有些时候 我要求我的副总统
There will be times when I call on my vice president
来倡导某些他们并不赞同的事
to advocate for something they don't agree with.
州长 你觉得你可以接受这种情况吗
Is this something you feel you could handle, Governor?
需要做出牺牲吗 当然
Are there sacrifices that have to be made? Of course.
但牺牲是任何历程的一部分
But sacrifice is a part of any journey.
女士 我将坦诚地对待你 就像你对待我一样
Ma'am, I'm going to be straight with you, as you've been with me.
比起任何人 我宁愿跟随你加入战斗
There is no one I would rather be following into a fray
因为你是一个真正的美国英雄
than a true American hero like yourself.
共和党由我这样的白人男子来定义
It has been too long that the Republican Party has been defined
已经太久了
by people that look like me.
如果你让我和你一起报效国家 我会非常荣幸
I would be honored if asked to serve with you.
- 嘿 你提前回来了 - 嘿
- Hey. You're back early. - Hey.
负责电磁屏蔽的那些人水平如何
The electromagnetic containment guys have the goods?
很有希望
It's very promising.
太好了 我不得不说 有一点生气
Great. I-- You know, I gotta say, I'm a little annoyed.
为什么
Why?
这...
Well--
我赌了20美元 以为丹妮尔会指挥1996年火星任务
I had a double sawbuck on Danielle to command Mars '96.
以为确定无疑了
Thought it was a sure thing.
别误会我 我理解你为什么选择爱德 可...
I mean, don't get me wrong, I understand why you went with Ed, but--
等等 你说什么
Wait, wait. What did you say?
没什么 只是...
No, just--
你选择了爱德做指挥官
I mean, you're picking Ed for commander.
对吗
Right?
必须改变性格特点
Personality traits must be altered,
这意味着贝比鲁斯将不得不接受 组织最初的选择
which means Babe Ruth will be stuck with what the organization initially selected.
奥莉 安静点
Easy, Ollie.
你能否告诉我 为什么我从比尔施特劳塞尔那里听说
Can you tell me why I have to hear that you picked Ed Baldwin as commander
你选爱德鲍德温当指挥官
from Bill Strausser?
我在备忘录里写了
Well, I put it in a memo.
我猜你还没时间读我的备忘录
I guess you didn't have a chance to read mine yet.
我们同意等我回来再继续商讨
We agreed to continue discussing it when I returned.
你回来了 我们在讨论呢
Here you are, and here we are discussing it.
拜托 你趁我出差的时候 在我背后搞小动作
Oh, come on. You went behind my back when I was out of town.
在你背后
Behind your back?
你是说组成虚假的委员会来选择候航员
You mean like putting together a bogus committee for selecting the ASCANs?
那些人是这个机构最有智慧的人
Those are some of the finest scientific minds at this agency.
拜托 你企图夺走这个部门的权力
Oh, come on. You are trying to cut the balls off this office
就像你对整个机构其他部门所做的那样
just like you have every other department in this entire agency
这是你在过去十年中所做的
over the last ten years.
你认为我在这么做
That's what you think I'm doing?
你不喜欢那些 不对你每个想法都言听计从的人
You don't like having someone around who doesn't kowtow to your every whim.
我不在乎你在华盛顿有多少朋友
I don't care how many friends you got in Washington.
- 我不会允许你胁迫... - 允许
- I will not allow you to steamroll-- - Allow?
你不会允许
You will not allow?
莫莉 现在不是1960年代了
Molly, this isn't the '60s,
航♥天♥局也不是迪克在时的样子了
and NASA's not the same place it was when Deke was around.
你盲目的拒绝...
And your blind refusal--
- 我不是这个意思 - 我知道你的意思
- That's not what I meant. - I know what you fucking meant.
我不想再跟你争辩了 我的工作是指定所有乘组人员
I'm done debating this with you. My job is to assign all the flight crews,
包括谁将指挥1996年火星任务
including who will command the Mars '96 mission.
所以我做了本职工作
So I did my job.
- 你不应该那么做 - 该做的已经做了
- You should not have done that. - Well, what's done is done.
不 已经做的现在要纠正
No, what's done is now undone.
莫莉 你被辞退了
You're fired, Molly.
你才不敢
You wouldn't dare.
我敢 而且我做了
I would. And I did.
出门的时候把胸牌留在前台
Leave your badge at the desk on your way out.
鲍德温上将来了
Admiral Baldwin's here.
- 嗨 爱德 - 嗨
- Hey, Ed. - Hey.
请坐
Have a seat.
你有没有机会看看我 希望的乘组人员名单
Did you get a chance to look at my crew wish list yet?
爱德 我们需要谈谈
Ed, we need to talk.
我知道 是关于凯莉 对吗
I know. It's about Kelly, right?
听着 我明白 但并不是因为她是我女儿
Look, I get it. But it's not just 'cause she's my daughter.
- 她非常有资格... - 爱德 不是那件事
- She's abundantly qualified-- - Ed, it's not about that.
好吧
Okay.
你将不会指挥火星任务
You're not going to command the Mars mission.
什么
What?
- 不 莫莉... - 抢先了
- No, M-- Molly-- - Jumped.
抢先公布了 丹妮尔普勒是航♥天♥局的选择
Jumped the gun. Danielle Poole is the agency's choice.
我不明白
I don't understand.
爱德 你是一个优秀的指挥官 没有人会质疑这点
Ed, you're a great commander. No one questions that.
但丹妮尔在行星科学方面 具备更广的能力...
But Danielle's got a broader skill set in planetary science and--
狗屁
This is bullshit.
拿我当猴耍
Jerking me around like this.
我知道 我向你道歉
I know. And I apologize.
等等 出了什么事 为什么莫莉没告诉我
Wait, what the hell happened? Why isn't Molly telling me this?
因为这是我的决定
Because it's my call.
莫莉不在这里任职了
And Molly no longer works here.
- 从什么时候开始 - 从今天开始
- As of when? - As of today.
那么谁是她的替代者
So who's her replacement?
今后乘组人员将通过
Going forward, flight crews will be determined
一个遴选委员会定义的任务范围来决定
by mission parameters as defined by a selection committee.
由一个遴选委员会
By a selection committee.
由一个遴选委员会
By a selection committee.
所以那些小书呆子和白大褂 终于要做所有决定了
So the weenies and the white coats are finally calling all the shots.
我知道这个新制度需要一些调整
I know this new system will take some adjustment.
调整 见鬼
Adjustment! Hell.
迪克建立的这个制度的全部原因 是我们能知道
The whole reason Deke built this system was so we know
做决定的人曾跟我们同舟共济
that the guy making the call has had his ass on the line just like us.
而现在只是一帮坐办公室的马屁精
But now it's just a bunch of pencil-pushing sycophants.
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表