剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
(凤♥凰♥号♥ 距离火星轨道 244,199,948公里)
(旅居者一号♥ 距离火星轨道 244,199,948公里)
(火星94号♥ 距离火星轨道 244,200,613公里)
数字与你们匹配 赫利俄斯
Our figures match yours, Helios.
其他飞船绝对不可能超过我们
There is no way those other ships can overtake us.
我想也许该开那瓶香槟了
I guess it's time to break out that champagne!
太棒了
Outstanding.
我相信你一定特别开心 航♥天♥局将最后一个到达火星
And I'm sure it's especially sweet to you that NASA will reach Mars dead last.
收到
Roger that.
戴夫 我想你的星际探索奖是十拿九稳了
I think we got that Interstellar Exploration Prize sewn up for you, Dev.
这不是为了我
It's not for me.
我们获奖的那一天...
The day we win...
我要把奖金平分给整个赫利俄斯团队成员
I'm giving the entire Helios team an equal slice of that prize money.
天啊 那差不多是...
Jesus, that's gotta be like...
每人两万美元
Like 20,000 a person.
我们在世界超级大国 拿手的游戏中击败了他们
And we have beat the world's superpowers at their own game!
看看那个
Look at that.
夜空中唯一的星星之火
A lone ember in the night sky.
与太阳相比 微不足道
Compared to the sun, infinitesimally small.
是我们打造了那团火
We built that fire...
我们所有人一起
all of us, together.
那团火...
And that fire...
将带着我们到达火星
will take us all the way to Mars.
太棒了
All right!
太棒了
- All right. - Phoenix, Sojourner 1.
凤♥凰♥号♥ 这是旅居者一号♥ 凤♥凰♥号♥ 旅居者一号♥ 完毕
Phoenix, Sojourner 1. Over.
旅居者一号♥ 这是凤♥凰♥号♥
Sojourner 1, this is Phoenix.
丹妮尔 欢迎来到外太空
Welcome to deep space, Danielle.
爱德 我得承认
I gotta hand it to you, Ed.
在离开月球轨道之后 我们全速前进
After we left lunar orbit, we pressed the pedal to the metal.
但核燃料会用掉太多推进剂 我们不能先于你们到火星
But our nukes would've sucked up too much prop to get us to Mars ahead of you.
我还能说什么
What can I say?
创新和跳出框框的思维总是会胜出的
Innovation and out-of-the-box thinking wins the day every time.
你说得对
You're right about that.
我女儿怎么样
How's my daughter?
- 我很好 - 那就好 孩子
- I'm good. - That's good to hear, kiddo.
我很抱歉 老爸让你输得这么惨
I'm just sorry your old man had to whup you so bad.
不过我警告过你了
But I did warn ya.
第一名不代表一切 爸爸
Being first isn't everything, Dad.
丹妮尔 你要保证她的安全
Well, you keep her safe, Danielle.
谢谢这么精彩的比赛 你推动我们追求卓越
And thanks for a great race. You pushed us to excel.
不客气 朋友 旅居者通话完毕
It was my pleasure, bud. Sojourner out.
哈拉戴先生
Mr. Halladay.
总指挥 随时待命
Standing by, Captain.
各就各位 准备战斗
Beat to quarters.
全体各就各位
To quarters. All hands!
清除障碍 准备行动
Clear the decks!
严阵以待
Batten down the hatches!
你们的帆很有型 无赖们
Cut the jib, you scalawags.
鲍德温小姐 我认为我们需要船夫号♥子
Ms. Baldwin, I believe we're in need of a chantey.
是 船长
Aye, Captain.
(航♥天♥局)
船长 我收听到来自旅居者的 一种奇怪的信♥号♥♥
Skipper, I'm getting an odd broadcast from Sojourner.
他们完全疯了
They've totally lost it.
史蒂文斯
Stevens.
监测他们的航向远程数据 接入航♥天♥局视频信♥号♥♥
Monitor their vector telemetry and patch in the NASA video feed.
- 我要你们盯着那艘飞船 - 收到
- I want eyes on that ship. - Copy.
赫利俄斯控制台 旅居者表现可疑
Helios Control, Sojourner's up to something.
请留意他们
Keep eyes on them.
(凤♥凰♥号♥ 旅居者一号♥ 火星94号♥)
听起来他们准备大显身手了 我们呢
Sounds like they're ready to rock and roll. Are we?
是的 海盗旗系统显示全部就绪
Affirmative. Jolly Roger systems show ready in all respects.
那就让我们动手吧
Then let's do this thing.
旅居者一号♥ 这是休斯敦 上面的风怎么样
Sojourner 1, Houston. How's the wind up there?
稳定的东北风
Steady nor'easter.
那就抓住机会
Then grab it.
旅居者一号♥可以开始海盗旗行动
Sojourner 1 is go for Operation Jolly Roger.
旅居者收到 开始海盗旗行动
Sojourner copies. Go for Jolly Roger.
哈拉戴先生 升起主帆
Mr. Halladay, hoist the mainsail.
是 船长
Aye, Captain.
(右舷帆 准备 启动)
天啊 那个太阳帆将会
Jesus, that solar sail's gonna pick up
收集足够的光子辐射压力 为旅居者提供持续的加速
enough photon radiation pressure to give Sojourner constant acceleration.
他们会比我们早到八天
They're gonna beat us by eight days.
我们能做些什么重新领先
What can we do to retake the lead?
抱歉 但数学说那不可能
I'm sorry, but the math says it's just not possible.
那我们就减重 间歇点火怎么样
So we dump mass. What about pulsed burns?
可以改变飞船倾角 或者飞越彗星...
There's broken plane maneuvers or a comet flyby--
那些都非常危险
Those are all incredibly dangerous.
听着 戴夫 我知道第一个到达很重要
Look, Dev, I know that getting there first is important,
但安全地到达更重要
but getting there in one piece is more important.
凯伦 做第一名才是最重要的 是唯一重要的事
First is what matters, Karen. It's the only thing that matters.
第一名能推动改变
First is what changes things.
如果有必要 我们倒掉他们的推进剂储备
We dump their propellant reserves if we have to.
凤♥凰♥号♥一旦到达火星 就可以制♥造♥更多燃料
Phoenix can just make more fuel once they get to Mars.
不 就算我们有足够推进剂超过旅居者
No, even if we had enough propellant to overtake Sojourner,
我们不会有足够的推进剂 来减慢速度进入火星轨道
we wouldn't have enough to slow down to enter Mars orbit.
对 我们在那里推动一个酒店 重量太大了 不够...
Yeah, we're pushing a hotel out there. It's too much mass, not enough--
凤♥凰♥号♥ 这是旅居者一号♥
Phoenix, Sojourner 1.
爱德 我真想看到你脸上的表情
Ed, I wish I could see the look on your face
当你做了计算 意识到我们要先于你们到达火星了
when you run the numbers and realize we beat your ass to Mars.
丹妮尔 干得漂亮
Well played, Danielle.
我师从最优秀的人 旅居者通话完毕
I learned from the best. Sojourner out.
《欢乐谷》
(克莉丝汀弗朗西斯 纽约)
航♥天♥局出人意料的太阳帆 改变了火星竞赛的现状
NASA's surprise unveiling of a solar sail has upended the race to Mars
有可能让美国的飞船比对手
and will likely bring the American craft to the Red Planet
提前一个星期降落在火星上
a full week before its competitors.
苏联航♥天♥局局长 莱娜拉卡蒂奇
Director of Roscosmos, Lenara Catiche,
指责美国在玩肮脏的把戏
has accused the United States of playing dirty tricks,
但仍坚持苏联能够并将会赢得这场竞赛
but still insists that the Soviet Union can and will win the race.
举国上下都在为航♥天♥局加油
A lot of folks here at home are cheering on NASA,
但同时也有呼声很大 并且人数在增长的少数群体
but there's also a vocal and growing minority
在批评太空计划和威尔逊总统
calling out the space program and President Wilson.
他们在抱怨什么
What's their gripe?
(氦3核聚变导致美国人失业)
就是这种所谓的氦3核聚变清洁能源
This so-called clean energy of helium-3 nuclear fusion.
威尔逊总统称之为奇迹燃料
President Wilson hailed it as a miracle fuel
将从全球变暖中拯救我们
that will save us from global warming.
但是那些蓝领工人 煤矿工人 石油工人
But it is the blue-collar workers, the coal miners, the oil workers
正在为进步付出代价
who are now bearing the price for this progress.
(威尔逊的蠢事:新工作法案)
上个月威尔逊政♥府♥提出了 一项新的就业法案
Last month, the Wilson administration introduced a new jobs bill
大张旗鼓地宣传
with great ballyhoo.
威尔逊声称它将帮助失业的化石燃料工人
Wilson claimed it would equip displaced fossil fuel workers
在新型经济中进行竞争
to compete in the new economy.
但我不相信
But I'm not buying it.
(白宫录音带)
好的 议长先生 让我们直奔主题
All right, Mr. Speaker, let's cut to the chase here.
这究竟是怎么回事
What's this all about?
总统女士
Well, Madam President,
很不幸 国会
unfortunately, the Congress
将无法支持你的财政年度预算提案
will not be able to support your fiscal year budget proposal.
你开什么玩笑
You've gotta be kidding.
我希望我是开玩笑
I wish I were.
上周你坐在那个沙发上 并同意了这些预算削减
You sat on that very couch last week and agreed to these budget cuts.
我说我愿意考虑它们
I said I was open to exploring them.
不 你保证如果我们提高税收 你就会支持它们
No, you promised that if we raised taxes, you would support them.
发生什么变化了呢
So what changed?
我的议员们听到了 他们选民的强烈反对的声音
My members have been getting a lot of blowback from their constituents.
你知道我们收到了 多少来自金里奇的批评吗
Do you have any idea how much incoming we're taking from Gingrich?
迪克 我们现在有一个历史性的机会
Dick, we have a historic opportunity
达成出色的交易并平衡预算
to strike a grand bargain and balance the budget
向美国人♥民♥展示两党合作是可行的
and show the American people that bipartisanship can work.
我相信我们可以达成交易
And I believe we can strike that bargain,
如果你愿意研究其他途径的话
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表