剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
Well, you're bleeding.
见鬼的玫瑰花丛
Goddamn rosebushes.
好吧 也许我们应该进屋 给你处理干净伤口
Okay. Well, I guess we're gonna go in and get you cleaned up.
见鬼的保护鞋
Goddamn boot.
下次火星任务再启动 我就快70岁了
I'll be pushing 70 by the time the next Mars mission launches.
你觉得他们会启用一个老头子吗
You think they'll be bringing on a geriatric?
不可能
Fuck no.
那么还剩下什么
So what's left?
更多到月球的跑腿任务
More milk runs to the moon?
在近地轨道上维修电器
Maytag repairs in low Earth orbit?
我离终点比起点更近了 凯伦
I'm closer to the end than the beginning, Kar.
我不想就这样谢幕
It's not how I wanted to go out.
我知道 你讨厌我闷闷不乐
I know. You hate it when I mope.
你一切都好吗
How you holding up with everything?
听说你把公♥司♥卖♥♥了
Heard you sold the company.
是的
Yep.
是的 这可不是我预期的
Yeah? I mean, that's not the reaction you'd expect
帐户里有数百万存款的人的反应
from someone with millions of dollars in their bank account.
北极星本来应该是一个全新的篇章
Polaris was supposed to be this whole new chapter.
现在没有了
Now it's just gone.
大概这就是...
I guess this is the...
我们以前总是梦想的宏伟 美丽的明天
big, beautiful tomorrow we used to always dream of.
根本没有我想象的那么精彩
A lot less shiny than I thought it would be.
是啊
Yeah.
你有没有想过...
You ever wonder...
什么
What?
如果我们那天没有相识 我们的生活会是什么样的
...what our lives would have been like if we hadn't met that day?
你是说如果我没在彭菲尔德大道上 遇到水管爆裂
You mean if I hadn't have run into a burst pipe on Penfield Avenue
而走了修士路去学校
and taken Friar on the way to school instead
然后在一块空地上遇见你发射瓶子火箭
and run into you in a vacant lot setting off bottle rockets?
你大概也想过这个
I guess you have thought about it.
只有一两次
Only once or twice.
谁知道呢
Who knows?
也许我本来可能会做完全不同的事
Maybe I would have done something completely different.
拜托 爱德
Come on, Ed.
你不当宇航员 算了吧
You not be an astronaut? Yeah, right.
也许会是土木工程师
Civil engineer, maybe.
我在安那波利斯的第一年 我想过
You know, my first year at Annapolis, I thought about it.
离开学校
About leaving the Academy.
- 真的 - 是
- Really? - Yeah.
那简直像炼狱 我想家
It was pure hell. I missed home.
我想你
I missed you.
那你为什么没离开
So why didn't you?
我想飞
I wanted to fly.
还有我...不想让你失望
And I... didn't wanna let you down.
也许我还是让你失望太多次了
I guess I did that anyway. Too many times.
爱德 为什么选土木工程师呢
So why in the world a civil engineer, Ed?
建造能长久存在的东西感觉会很好
Be nice to build something that lasts.
比如桥梁 或者大坝
Like a bridge. Or a dam.
我已经飞了有大概40年了
I mean, I've been flying for, what, 40 years...
- 是啊 - 我有什么证明呢
- Yeah. - ...and what do I have to show for it?
几枚奖章 任务徽标
Handful of medals. Mission patches.
报纸上褪色的照片
Faded photographs in newspapers.
足够装满衣橱里的一个鞋盒
Enough to fill a shoebox in the closet.
(赫利俄斯航♥天♥公♥司♥)
嗨 我是凯伦鲍德温 我来见戴夫
Hi. I'm Karen Baldwin, here to see Dev.
好的
- All right. - Okay.
这是你第一次来赫利俄斯吗
Is this your first time at Helios?
是的
Yes, it is.
在会议之后如果你有机会 去看看我们的二号♥楼
If you get a chance after your meeting, check out Building 2.
那是我们组装火箭的地方
That's where we assemble our rockets.
我们有个3D打印机来制♥造♥我们的引擎部件
We got this 3D printer to make our engine parts.
可以显著降低我们的生产成本 并实现出色的品质控制
Dramatically reduces our production costs and does wonders for quality control.
好吧
Okay.
谢谢你 蕾妮
Thank you, Renee.
凯伦
Karen.
这是你的办公室吗
Is this your office?
- 有什么不对的吗 - 不...
- Is something wrong? - No, no.
我不知道 我只是...以为你有个办公室
I don't know, I just-- I thought you would have an office.
我们这里没有等级结构
We don't have a hierarchical structure here.
我们是一个集体 记得吗
We're a collective. Remember?
那么你找我有什么事
So what'd you want to see me about?
我好奇你是否已经为你的火星任务 选定了一名指挥官
Well, I was wondering if you had chosen a commander for your mission to Mars.
- 还没有 - 怎么会
- Not yet. - How come?
我们改建你的酒店后 航♥天♥器将大部分实现自动化
After our modifications to your hotel, the spacecraft will be mostly automated.
乘组人员的任务大部分是维护
The crew will largely be caretakers.
好吧 可你仍然需要一个强有力的领导者
Okay. But you still need a strong leader.
确实
Indeed.
幸运的是 在赫利俄斯 我们有很多合格的宇航员
Thankfully, we have a lot of qualified astronauts here at Helios.
嘿 你想喝杯马黛茶吗
Hey. Do you want a yerba maté?
好呀
Sure.
听着 一名氦3卡车司机是不会胜任的
Look, a Helium-3 truck driver isn't really going to cut it.
你要和航♥天♥局和苏联人竞争
You're going up against NASA and the Soviets.
如果你有意告诉世界
I mean, if you intend to tell the world
你将要给我的酒店加上一个舱外发动机 然后开着它去火星
you're going to slap an outboard motor on my hotel and drive it to Mars,
华尔街会笑话你
Wall Street's gonna laugh at you.
你需要一个能增加你的信誉的人
You need somebody who can lend you credibility,
一个有很长的传奇简历的人
somebody with a long, legendary résumé
一个可以激发公众想象力的人
who can galvanize the public's imagination.
等我们在其他人之前登陆火星 他们就会受到激发了
They'll be galvanized when we land on Mars before anybody else.
如果你能登陆的话
If you land.
如果路上出了问题怎么办
What happens when something goes wrong out there?
那里和地球之间的通讯 可能需要长达八分钟
Communication between there and Earth can take up to eight minutes,
你需要一个在现场可以随机应变
and you need somebody on the scene who can improvise,
做出调整和克服困难的人
adapt and overcome.
一个不会被压力击垮的人
Somebody who isn't gonna buckle under pressure
而实际上会超常发挥的人
but, in fact, thrives under it.
为什么我感觉你心中已经有这个人了
Why do I get the feeling you got somebody in mind?
我的前夫
My ex-husband.
我以为航♥天♥局选定他负责他们的任务
I assumed NASA was selecting him for their mission.
爱德对那里的管理方式不满意
Ed's unhappy with the way things are being run over there.
他当然不满意
Of course he is.
他在寻找他的下一个挑战
He's looking for his next challenge.
我想他可能很喜欢你在这里想做的事
And I think he might just love what you're trying to do here.
你是说我们正在做的事
You mean what we are doing here?
嘿 各位 大家过来一下
Hey, everybody. Bring it in.
这位是凯伦鲍德温
This is Karen Baldwin.
她刚刚给我提了一个很有意思的想法
And she just pitched me a very interesting idea.
你们觉得让爱德鲍德温来指挥 我们的火星探险之旅怎么样
What do you guys think about having Ed Baldwin command our expedition to Mars?
- 赞成 - 那太棒了
- Love it. - That'd be radical.
好耶
Yeah.
就好像你的棒球队里有贝比鲁斯
Like having Babe Ruth on your baseball team.
贝比鲁斯已不在人世
Babe Ruth's dead.
我相当肯定爱德鲍德温也不会太远了
I'm pretty sure Ed Baldwin's not too far behind.
无意冒犯你
No offense.
但他有适当的经验
But he's got the right experience,
从来没有人驾驶过这样的飞船
and no one's ever flown a ship like this.
对极了
Exactly.
他也许跟航♥天♥局的其他人一样固步自封
And he's probably stuck in his ways like everyone else at NASA.
关键是领导力 这项任务时长超过两年
This is about leadership. The mission's over two years long.
我们需要像他那样的人
We need somebody like him.
我理解你的意思 但也许我们应该给新人一个机会
I hear what you're saying, but maybe we should give somebody new a chance.
我认为这想都不用想
I think it's a no-brainer.
他本应是第一个登上月球的人
He should have been first to the moon.
我们就让他第一个登上火星吧
Let's make him first to Mars.
大家的观点都很有意思
Interesting points of view.
所有赞成的人请举手
All in favor, raise your hands.
好吧 我跟爱德谈谈
Okay. I will talk to Ed.
- 凯伦 - 什么事
- Karen. - Yes?
- 我忘了一件事 - 什么
- I forgot one thing. - Yeah?
来为我工作吧 你差不多已经在做了
Come work for me. You practically already are.
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表