He has a mood disorder,
他有情感障碍
and his meds don't always work.
而且他的药并不是经常管用
Hi, Donald!
你好 Donald
I'm Officer Janko,
我是Janko警官
this is Officer Witten.
这是Witten警官
Hey, um,
嘿
we're gonna turn down the music so we can talk,
我将把音乐音量调低这样我们就能交流了
okay?
好吗
Do you mind if I give it a try?
我能试一试吗
Heck, go for it. But be careful.
去吧 但要小心
Hi.
嗨
I'm Claire.
我是 Claire
I love this song. What is it?
我喜欢这首歌♥ 它叫什么名字
"Losing in the End" By-by Dying Regret.
弥留乐队的《失败告终》
Song like this, you really got to crank it.
像这样的歌♥曲 真令人兴奋啊
Am I right?
我说的没错吧
You should try these.
你该试一试这个
Oh, trust me, the sound is amazing.
相信我 这些歌♥听起来棒极了
That's amazing, right?
很棒 是吧
Wanted to see me, boss?
你要求见我 头儿
Yeah. Come in, close the door.
是的 进来吧 把门带上
What happened this morning?
今早发生了什么
I didn't shoot a man.
我没开枪
And you just let him go?
那你就让他走了吗
I played it by the book, boss.
我可是照章办事 头儿
He wasn't a threat.
他不是一个威胁
If I'd shot him, he'd probably be dead
要是我向他开枪 他估计就死了
and I'd be looking at charges right now.
而且现在等着我的还有指控
You still might be.
你仍然可能有
What are you talking about?
你在说啥啊
Officer Wendell is accusing you of malfeasance.
Wendell警员指控你滥用职权
That's a load of crap, boss.
那可是满嘴胡言 头儿
Come on, I mean, he lost his gun,
拜托 我的意思是 他丢了他的枪
h-he let the situation get out of hand.
他... 他让事情失控了
Tell it to Internal Affairs.
你跟内务局说吧
So you saw Pratt take Officer Wendell's gun and assault him?
所以你看到Pratt拿走了Wendell的枪并袭击他吗
No, I saw Pratt pick up Officer Wendell's gun
不 我看见Pratt从地上捡起了Wendell警员的枪
from the ground and flee with it.
并且很快逃离了现场
You ask me, he was trying to keep from getting shot.
我认为 他是为了不被枪击中
There's been a spike in officers failing to perform their duty.
拒绝履行他们职责的警员越来越多
Well, this wasn't that.
但我不是这样的
Were you afraid you and your partner
你和你的搭档是否担心
would be set upon by bystanders if you shot Pratt?
如果你击中了Pratt会被旁观者攻击
You mean, like, attacked by bystanders?
你的意思是 比如 被旁观者袭击吗
No, I wasn't afraid of that.
不 我并不担心
Were you concerned about public safety if you opened fire?
那你在如果你开枪了会影响公众安全吗
I knew my target. I had a clean shot.
我知道我的目标 我可以击中他
So why didn't you take it?
那你为什么没有开枪呢
Because deadly physical force can only be used
因为致命武力只能用于
to protect me or a third party
保护我或者第三方
from serious physical injury or death.
不被严重伤害甚至死亡
That's why. We know
这就是原因 我们知道
the force guidelines, Detective.
枪♥械♥使用条例 警探
Could have fooled me.
你忽悠我吧
Pratt had a cop's gun.
Pratt 拿着警♥察♥的枪
Which he held in a nonthreatening manner.
但他是在无害的举动下拿着的
He wasn't gonna use it.
他不打算开枪的
You don't know that. I do know that. You weren't there.
你也不知道 我确实知道 你又不在那
I was. I saw the look in that man's eyes.
我在 我从他的眼睛里看出来了
He was afraid.
他很害怕
If I felt threatened
如果我觉得被威胁了
in any way, or if anyone was in harm,
无论怎样 或者任何人受到了伤害
Pratt would've left the scene in a body bag.
Pratt就会躺在尸体袋里留在现场了
Not his car. Yeah.
而不是他的车里 是啊
He left in his car and he's still at large.
他回了自己车里 如今任然在逃
Well, it's a good thing Officer Wendell got his ID,
很庆幸Wendell警官拿到了他的身份信息
so now we know who he is and where he lives.
所以我们就知道他是谁还有他住在哪
He'll turn up.
他会现身的
What do you think Detectives Ennis and Lee would've done?
那你觉得Ennis警探和Lee警探会怎么做
What the hell do Ennis and Lee have to do with this?
那Ennis警探和Lee警探和这事有何关系
They're in your squad. They got jammed up for excessive force.
他们跟你同队 因为过度使用武力而被停职了
So that's what you're suggesting?
那你的意思是什么
That I let Pratt go to avoid getting jammed up by IAB?
我让Pratt逃走就为了避免被内务局停职吗
Did you? No, I didn't, and if I did,
你是吗 不 我没有 而且即便是
it didn't work out very well, now, did it?
那结果也并不理想 比如现在 是吧
Look, the bottom line is,
你要知道 底线就是
if I shot Pratt it would've been an execution!
如果我向Pratt开枪 那就是处决
That's it.
就这样
End of story. In fact, end of discussion.
事情结束 事实上 讨论结束
Sit down. We're not done, Detective.
坐下 我们还没完 警探
Well, I'm done.
但我说完了
Heard your visit to the arraignments didn't go too well.
听说你去参加了提审会但结果并不是很好
Judge Kramer was not persuaded to set bail.
Kramer法官并没有追加设置保释金
Kramer made a fair point.
Kramer法官做了合理的决定
Most folks awaiting trial in Rikers are there
大部分人都在雷克斯岛等待宣判
because they can't afford to buy their way out.
因为他们无法支付保释金
Maloney is a dangerous felon
Maloney是一个危险的重刑犯
that she is putting right back on the street.
法官却将他直接释放了
With an order of protection and a court date.
只给了一个保护令和开庭时间
Which a law-abiding citizen would respect,
一个遵纪守法的公民才会去执行
and he is anything but.
但是他并不是这样的
You did everything you could to keep him in the system.
你已经尽了全力让他待在监狱里了
Not yet. What's that mean?
并不尽然 什么意思
Just as long as Maloney is in custody,
只要Maloney还在拘留中
I have a fighting chance to keep him there.
我就还有机会把他留在那里
What chance?
什么机会
You probably don't want to know.
你应该不会想知道的
I probably don't.
我想也是
When I told him to kill the music,
当我让他关掉音乐的时候
the look on his face... I thought he was gonna kill me.
他脸上的表情让我以为 他要杀了我
The first step is to make it clear to him
首先要让他明白
that you pose no physical threat.
你对他来说不构成威胁
But we went pretty easy. Yeah.
但我们当时很温柔了 就是啊
Your tone is nonthreatening, but your uniforms?
你们的语气不构成威胁 但你们的制♥服♥呢
Not so much.
就不一样了
Well, we're kind of stuck with them.
好吧 我们也不能不♥穿♥它呀
Donald's mom said
Donald的妈妈说
that he has been hospitalized
他以前因为发病时的暴♥力♥行为
for violent episodes, which probably means
被强制住过院 也就是说他很可能
he's been restrained.
被强行约束过
By cops
被穿着制♥服♥的
and hospital workers in uniforms.
警♥察♥和医院工作人员强制约束
And the negative association...
从而让他对制♥服♥有了负面的联想
What are we supposed to do,
那我们该怎么做
show up in sweats and Uggs?
穿着运动衫和雪地靴出现吗
You can compensate for the uniform.
你可以试图抵消制♥服♥带来的负面影响
When you tried to turn down Donald's music,
当你试图关掉Donald的音乐的时候
you threatened his autonomy.
你威胁到了他的自主♥权♥
But when you asked if he wanted headphones...
但当你问他要不要耳机的时候
I preserved his sense of control,
我让他保留了控制权
which allowed for a positive resolution.
从而带来了正面的解决方式
These people don't act out on purpose.
这些人不是故意发作的
You know, mental illness is a medical illness.
要知道 精神疾病是医学疾病
Problem is we're not doctors.
问题是我们并不是医生
I have so much respect for what you guys do.
我非常尊重你们所做的事
But sometimes a gun and a badge
但有些时候 枪♥支♥和警徽
can make a bad situation even worse.
也可能会让不好的情况变得更糟
There'd better be a damn good reason for this meeting.
提出这次会面 你最好有个好理由
As you know, my office opposes Mr. Maloney's release.
如你所知 地检办公室反对释放Maloney先生
You want me to die in here.
你想要我死在这里
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表