剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
好吧
Okay.
我有个早会 你介意我先洗澡吗
I got an early meeting. Mind if I take the first shower?
请便
All yours.
孩子们准备好露营了吗
Kids ready for camp?
他们在刷牙
They're brushing their teeth.
孩子们的保姆是不是刚上的士走了
Did I just see, uh, the sitter getting into a taxi?
大早上的她怎么会在这里
Why would she be here in the morning?
昨天晚上我特别想吃
You know, I had a craving
法式布丁血肠
for a boudin noir last night,
所以我去了格里斯比餐厅
so I went to Bistro Grisby.
我们以前经常去那里
We used to go there all the time.
是啊 我们刚结婚那会儿
Yeah, when we were first married.
很久没去了
Not in a long time.
现在那家没了
Now it's gone.
没了
Gone?
那里现在是个美甲店
It's, uh, a nail salon now.
餐厅四年前就关门了
They closed four years ago.
真遗憾
Sad.
你看
Look...
我知道你要回阿克斯资本时
I know that I reacted poorly
我表现得不怎么样
when I learned that you were going back to Axe Capital.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我太自私了
I was being selfish.
如果你在那里能够开心
If you are happy there, then...
那么你应该回去
that's where you should be.
我希望你能开心
I want you to be happy.
好贴心 查克
That's lovely, Chuck.
真的
It really is.
我去叫孩子们
I'll go get the kids.
老大
Boss...
我得到了一些消息
I received a concerning bit of news.
米克·丹泽刚刚辞职了
Mick Danzig just quit.
是吗
Is that so?
我从没想过
I just never thought I'd have an issue
办公室恋情会有什么问题
dating someone in the office.
我真的没想过
And I really didn't.
我说不好...
I don't know...
埃弗雷特在这儿太让人分心了
it's just distracting with Everett here.
我见过她看他的眼神 而且...
I see the way she looks at him, and --
我们正在进行咨♥询♥
We are in the middle of a session.
玛菲 出去
Mafee, out.
我们只是在闲聊呢
Yeah, we were just shooting the breeze, catching up.
这样非常不好
That was completely inappropriate.
如果你的员工觉得你随时会闯进来
How can I possibly do my job if your guys
我还怎么做我的工作
think you might come barging through the door at any moment?
我花了好长时间才让他们相信
It takes me long enough to convince them
你没有窃听我的办公室
you don't have my office bugged.
你一发现不能影响我的想法
Once you realized you couldn't influence my thinking,
就决定去影响别人的想法了
you decided to influence someone else's?
-这是我的工作 -那是为了公♥司♥的利益
- That's my job. - For the good of the firm,
而不是让最会赚钱的员工辞职
which I do not define as making one of my best earners quit.
我没有让任何人做任何事
I didn't make anyone do anything.
我知道你跟米克·丹泽做过一次咨♥询♥
I know you had a session with Mick Danzig.
-你跟他说什么了 -我不能说
- What did you say to him? - I can't discuss that.
你的合同上写得很明确
You contract here is very clear.
你是来帮助我的员工保持最佳工作状态的
You are here to help my employees perform at their peak level.
用我认为合适的方法 你不喜欢就解雇我吧
In any manner I see fit. You don't like it, fire me.
给我把工资结清 我当时同意回来
Pay me out. I agreed to come back.
是回来做我拿钱应该做的工作
I am back doing exactly what I am paid to do.
合同是你定的 波比
You made the deal, Bobby.
你想什么时候毁约就什么时候毁约
You can get out of it any time.
北♥京♥烤鸭店
你跟检察长耍的把戏不错
That was a neat trick you pulled with the A.G.
我以前从没见过她被包围
I mean, I've never seen her flanked before.
厉害
Impressive.
都是为司法♥正♥义服务
All in the service of justice.
还有联邦检察院南区
Well, and the Southern District.
现在你得意了
Now you get to have your moment...
你也应该得意
as well you should.
问题是 你打算拿它做什么
The question is, what will you do with it?
这样的野心根本不是我想要的
Such ambitions are far from my focus.
我看到了竞选的可能性
I see a run for office.
你有可能走另一条路吗
Is it possible you'll go the other way?
变现 私有化 你不是那样的人
Cash out, go private? That's not you.
对 可惜的是 我跟你一样一辈子都是公仆
No. Sadly, I'm like you. Public servant for life.
而我此次也是作为公仆而来的
Uh, and it's in that role that I'm here.
我遇到了一位优秀的法学学生 艾玛·富利
I have come across a wonderful young law student, Emma Foley.
她是卡多佐法学院[名校]的 聪明勤奋
She's at Cardozo. Smart. Studious.
要是能让当你的助理...
And a clerkship with you would, uh --
快把这个宝贝儿切开
Oh, slice that baby up.
谢谢
Thank you.
我喜欢片鸭子的声音
Oh, I love the sound it makes when they carve it.
给你
There you go.
好吧
All right.
那清脆的响声
That crackle.
如果这个女孩有资格
Look, if this young lady is qualified,
我会无差别考虑她和其他候选人
I'll consider her as I would any other candidate.
那个姓氏我知道
I recognize the last name.
我觉得 如果她真像你所说的那样出色
So I have a feeling if she were really as super as you say,
那她应该已经是书♥记♥员了
she'd already have a clerkship.
我们不是说要任命她为
Well, we're not talking about appointing her
最高大♥法♥官
to the Supreme Court.
事情就是这么办的 对吗
This is how things are done, right?
对我来说不是 不再是了
Not for me. Not anymore.
我看重的是办事的方式
I look at the way things get done.
换个视角你看到的就会不一样
The view changes when you see things from the bench.
利益交换 达成协议
Favor-trading, deal-making,
后门途径 互惠互利
back channeling, patronage.
我承认 当时我在一线的时候
I'll admit, I took advantage every now and then
我偶尔占点便宜 但是
when I was in the trenches. But...
我已经厌倦了
I lost my taste for it.
真正的客观
True objectivity.
那真是极度的奢求啊
It's the ultimate luxury.
那是有腐蚀性的 查克
It's corrosive, Chuck.
我上法学院是为了修正体系
I mean, I went to law school to help fix the system,
而不是屈服于它
not succumb to it.
听起来你有着神圣的使命
Sounds like you're feeling the holy spirit.
自从第一次给R.B.G.当书♥记♥员以来
For the first time since clerking for RBG.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
鲁斯·巴德·金斯伯格 现任美国最高法♥院♥大♥法♥官
所以我才对自己的书♥记♥员非常小心
Which is why I'm careful with my own clerks.
这对我来说是非常私人的事情
This is very personal for me.
我终于有权力可以做些好事了
I mean, I'm finally in a position to do some good.
这话非常鼓励人
Very inspiring.
只是不要忘了 你是走后门
Just don't forget, it was the back channels
以及达成协议才坐上了那个位子
and deal-making that put you in that position.
你要是再说一次 这就是我们一起吃的最后一餐
Remind me again, and this is the last meal we share.
请自便
Help yourself.
非常对
Absolutely right.
谢谢
Thank you.
我认为你会是个出色的候选人 查克
I think you'll make an excellent candidate, Chuck.
其实我认为你天生就是政♥治♥家的料
I actually think you're built for the political life.
如果我是你 我会去竞选的
I mean, if I'm you, I'd go for it.
不是州长做的决定
It wasn't the Governor who called the shot.
当然了 他控制着斯科拉里
Sure, he controls Scolari.
但是这指向控制州长的人
But this goes to who controls the Governor,
那就是杰克·富利
and that's Jack Foley.
我知道那是谁 靠旧钢铁和铁路起家
I know who that is -- old steel and railroad money.
铁幕倒塌后首批进入俄♥罗♥斯♥的
One of the first Western businessmen
西方商人之一
into Russia after the wall fell.
除此之外 他是一名奥尔巴尼的机械工
But more than that, an Albany machine man.
他的家人可以追溯到粗花呢衣服时代
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表