剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
then you could probably recognize when a-a witness
对被告有个人仇恨时
has a personal hatred for the defendant
还能给予他应得的公正吗
and accord him the impartiality he deserves?
我当然能
Sure I could.
我想所有人从第一印象上都厌恶这个人
I assume everyone hates this man from first sight.
这并不会左右我的看法
It's not gonna color my opinion.
这些陪审员对我会像路易十六当年
These jurors are gonna do me like Louis XVI.
让我来做自己的工作
Let me work.
我想让你做的是 开始谈和解
What I want you to do... is start fucking dealing.
布莱恩 能谈谈吗
Bryan, can we talk?
你真的不用这样
You really don't need to do this.
他们最好的证人只是汤姆·麦金农
Their best witness is Tom McKinnon.
我们可以把他描绘成一个恶意报复的绿帽龟
We'll paint him as a cuckold with an agenda.
我们有很大机会能获胜
There's a very good chance we can win.
什么叫"获胜"
Define "Win."
什么叫"很大机会"
Define "very good."
我十八岁那年的夏天
Summer I was 18,
我在金贝儿百货男装部打工
I worked in menswear at Gimbels department store.
已经倒闭了
It doesn't exist anymore.
我穿西装上班
I wore a suit to work.
我上班的最后一天穿了三套回家
And I wore three suits home underneath it on my last day...
为了大学学费把它们偷偷卖♥♥了
sold them on the side to pay for college.
那时候的回报值得去冒险是因为
The risk was worth the reward back then because...
我没什么好失去的
I had nothing to lose.
我已经不再是那个小孩了
I'm not that kid anymore.
我现在面临的是十年的牢狱之灾
I'm facing ten years in federal prison.
那是我承担不了的风险
That's a risk I cannot tolerate.
拉里
Larry.
听说你刚刚不怎么好过
Hear you had a rough one.
我都坐在这儿了 查克 别这么贱
I'm at the table, Chuck. Don't be a son of a bitch.
我们准备好和解了
We're ready to settle.
承认罪行 缓刑五年
Admission of guilt, five years' probation,
以及六千万罚金
and a 60 million dollar fine.
很不错的提议
A very nice offer.
真有趣
It's funny.
这和我想的有点出入
Something about a settlement doesn't sit right with me.
操纵美国国库券市场竞标
Bid-rigging the U.S. Treasury market,
对我来说 这一罪行
that, to me, is a crime that...
严重影响了我国财政系统的公信力
so profoundly violates public trust in our financial system
似乎只有继续审判
that it really seems only right to continue the trial
由大众来决定才是正确之路
and let the people decide.
我拒绝和解
No deal.
你♥他♥妈♥逗我吗
Are you fucking kidding me?
他是在开玩笑吗
Is he kidding?
你这个混♥蛋♥
What a motherfucker!
新录音
你就准备这么说吗
That's what you're claiming?
你要知道撒谎的话我可以让你失去律师资格
You know I can have you disbarred for lying.
检察长来电♥话♥了
The Attorney General is on the phone.
检察长
General.
查克
Chuck.
我听说你挫败了博伊德和他的团队
I hear you have confounded Boyd and his team.
祝贺你
Congratulations.
这通电♥话♥对我来说意义非凡
This call means the world to me.
谢谢 检察长
Thank you, ma'am.
没错
Yes.
你已经清楚表明
You have made it clear
不会有任何特殊待遇 不是吗
that there will be no special treatment, haven't you?
综合考虑下来 那样比较有道理
Thought that made sense, considering.
现在他们在寻求和解
Now they're seeking settlement.
但是我更期盼走向庭审
But I look forward to a trial --
来一场强硬的审判
a hard-hitting trial.
我绝对不会插手 你得清楚这点
I would never meddle. I need you to know that.
我绝对不会要求你去接受认罪协议
I would never ask you to accept a plea
除非你也觉得认罪
unless you, too, felt that plea
能最好地体现出正义
was in the best interest of justice.
非常感谢
I appreciate that.
一直以来我们的目标都是一致的
We are, as always, interested in the same thing.
我想让你知道
And I want you to know
如若我突然发现达成和解更加公平公正
that I would never refuse to accept a plea
我绝对不会拒绝接受认罪协议
if, suddenly, I saw that to do so would be more fair.
你绝对不会插手的事情...
And that the idea of you never meddling...
要包括我以及南区的
extended to me and the entire scope
所有事务
of my affairs in the Southern District.
你的地盘你做主
You have your open field.
去和解
Make the deal.
拳击主持人
正如伟大的布鲁斯·巴菲尔所说
And so, now, as the great Bruce Buffer says,
"是时候了"
"It's time."
联邦检察官罗兹是否
Do you believe U.S. Attorney Rhoades
在回避阿克斯罗德的案子之后
remained involved in the Axelrod case
仍然参与其中
even after he'd recused himself?
是的
Yes.
有参与 当然了
Yes. Of course.
你怎么知道的
How did you know?
详细点
Specifics.
他带着情报来找我
He came to me with information
那情报能清楚地表明他仍参与其中
that made it clear he was still involved.
他表示我当时在试图
He made it clear that I was to try
获取同样的情报
to get the same information...
但是要以一种...
...but to do so in a way that
是我 检察长
Yes, General.
但是
But --
我明白 是 是 检察长
Uh, I-I understand. Yes. Yes, ma'am.
但是我现在正在获取
But I'm -- but I'm just now coming into possession
重要信息
of material information,
如果能再给我一点时间...
a-and if I could have just a few more --
没 没
No. No.
当然
Um, of course.
如你所愿
As you wish.
你可以走了
You can go.
什么
What?
我们结束了
We're done here.
怎么了
Yeah?
结束了
It's over.
博伊德自掘坟墓
Boyd puked himself.
他准备接受认罪协议
He's taking a guilty plea.
我♥操♥
Fuck.
像个法国士兵一样投降了
Surrendered like a French fucking soldier.
罗兹了解他的对手
Rhoades knew his man.
我想你应该知道了
As, uh, as I'm sure you know,
检察长暂停了我的调查
the Attorney General has suspended my investigation
命令我回华盛顿
and ordered me back to Washington.
希望你在这儿过得还愉快
Well, I hope you've enjoyed your stay.
你知道我最喜欢我工作的
Do you know what I -- what I like most
哪一点吗 罗兹先生
about my job, Mr. Rhoades?
着装风格吗
The sartorial flair?
我宣过誓
I took an oath.
其实你也宣过同样的誓言
The same oath sworn by you, in fact,
向全国人♥民♥宣誓
to the people of the United States.
当我看到有人
And when I see that someone
将自己的利益置于那个誓言之上时
is putting his own interests above that oath,
没什么比确保
there is nothing I like better than making sure
他们余生永远都不能在司法系统工作
they never get another job in the legal profession
更让我好受的了
f-for the rest of their lives.
你要清楚
Know this.
我瞄准着你呢
I had you... in the cross hairs.
不过今天 你是扳倒劳伦斯·博伊德的功臣
But today, you're the man who brought down Lawrence Boyd.
你是...猫王
You're... Elvis.
所以今天
So... today...
你是安全的
you are safe.
但是
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表