剧集 | 艾比酒吧 | 导航列表
「艾比酒吧」是在户外观众面前现场摄制的
"Abby's" is filmed in front of a live outdoor audience.
再说 在荒岛上使用播放设备的想法
Furthermore, the whole idea of a desert island playlist
从一开始就是有缺陷的
is flawed from the beginning, okay,
因为带有播放功能的设备
because any device capable of a playlist function
都需要去充电
would inevitably have to be charged,
那么有限的电池寿命会不会影响我对曲目的选择
Okay, and would limited battery life affect my song choices?
答案是当然的
You bet your ass it would.
我指的是长度小于两分钟的曲目
I mean, I'm only talking songs under two minutes.
比如早期的朋克
I'm talking about early punk,
还有童谣
I'm talking about nursery rhymes...
行了 比尔
Oh, Bill!
我们早就不听歌♥了
We all stopped listening forever ago.
关于情节虚构的酒吧游戏 我提过什么要求
What did I say about hypothetical bar games?
要在比尔不在的时候玩
Not when Bill's around.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
读书俱乐部
So book club,
《少年派的奇幻漂流》 怎么样
"Life of Pi." What did we think?
我没读过
I didn't read it.
我看过电影
I watched the movie.
我看了预告片
I watched the trailer.
我看了预告片的一部分
I watched some of the trailer.
我再去拿点饼干
Let me get more pretzels,
然后我们就能继续讨论预告片的前半段了
and then we can discuss the first half of the trailer.
你好 弗雷德
Hi, Fred.
艾米莉
Emily.
我该走了
Oh, it's...
看来有人想
Looks like somebody wants to...
加入读书俱乐部了
join the book club.
什么 我为什么
What? Why would I--
我不知道你在说什么
I don't know what you're talking about.
拜托 弗雷德 你都对着艾米莉
Come on, Fred. You've been nodding
点了好几个月的头了
at Emily for months now.
就算你有点心动 这也没关系
You're allowed to have a little crush.
是啊 弗雷德 你已经怦然心动了
Yeah, Fred. You're sprung.
我没有
No, I'm not.
你知道那是什么意思吗
Do you even know what that means?
不知道 但我没有
No, but I'm not.
在聊什么呢
What's going on over here?
我们在开弗雷德和艾米莉的玩笑
We're teasing Fred about Emily.
我把他俩称为「弗米莉」
I call them "Fremily."
本来我想叫「艾米弗雷德」
I was gonna call them "Emilfred,"
但这个称呼听起来很像《侍女的故事》里的
but that sounds too much like that sad lady
那个伤心女人
from "Handmaid's Tale."
你在十五年前就离婚了吧
You got divorced what, 15 years ago?
你上次约会是什么时候了
When was the last time you were on a date?
你是不是还得在电♥话♥里和她分手
Did you have to break up with her on a land line?
首先 我确实还有电♥话♥
First of all, I still have a land line,
我已经是一个成熟的男人了 好吗
and I'm also a grown man, okay?
我可以处理好自己的情感生活
I can handle my own love life.
弗雷德 我也遇到了约会的问题
You know, Fred, I also had trouble meeting people
就在我离婚之后 所以我买♥♥了这本约会书
after I got divorced, so I bought this dating book.
看 书名叫《重新学会捕鱼》
See, it's called "Learning to Fish... Again."
这是一本指导渔夫重新适应水上生活的书
It's, uh, a fisherman's guide to getting back out on the water.
里面的见解非常深刻 第二章是
Very insightful book. Chapter two is called
「不要怕湖」
"Don't Be Afraid of the Lake."
里面解释道 湖是有一些可怕
It explains that lakes are kind of scary,
但也很友好
but they're also nice.
我不在湖上钓鱼 比尔
I don't fish on lakes, Bill.
没错 不过这只是一种比喻
Well, yeah, but it's a metaphor.
-什么比喻 -湖就好比
- For what? - Well, the lake is...
旅店酒吧
the hotel bar?
这本书我还没读完
I haven't finished reading the book yet.
好吧
All right?
艾比酒吧
第一季 第四集
你应该约艾米莉出去
You should ask Emily out.
她很聪明 也很有魅力
I mean, she's smart, she's attractive,
而且她看上去也对你有兴趣
and she seems interested.
有天晚上我们要离开酒吧的时候
When we were leaving the bar the other night,
她看着你的车说道
she looked at your car and said,
「这是弗雷德的车吗」
"Oh, is that Fred's car?"
我说「是的 怎么了」
and I said, "Yeah, why?
她说 「没事 我只是好奇」
She said, "Nothing. Just wondering."
是啊 她可能有兴趣
So yeah, it might be on.
我们为什么还要谈论这个话题
Why are we still talking about this?
我不需要约会 我喜欢现在的样子
I don't need to date. I like things the way they are.
拜托 弗雷德 和她约会吧
Come on, Fred, ask her out.
-只是一次约会罢了 -是 然后呢
- It's just one date. - Yeah, and then what?
什么叫「然后呢」
What do you mean, "And then what?"
我们一起约会了 玩得很开心
Well, we go out, we have a nice time.
-然后呢 -接着约会啊
- Then what? - You go out again.
然后我们又约了几次会
And then we go out a few more times.
再然后呢
And then what?
不知道 你们在周末一起旅行
I don't know. You take a weekend trip together.
好好玩一玩
Enjoy yourselves.
再然后呢
And then what?
可能过个几年 你们就同居了
Maybe after a few years, you move in together?
没错 最后是什么结果呢
Yeah, but really, to what end?
你有了一位分享喜悦和伤痛的伴侣
You have a partner with whom you share your joys and sorrows,
你的生活因此变得更加丰富而有意义
thus making your life richer and more meaningful,
就算你们去世
and then even when you both die,
那份爱 那种化学反应
that love, that--that chemistry,
那种纽带
that bond,
永远也不会消逝于茫茫宇宙中
it stays in the universe for eternity, man.
然后呢
And then what?
我觉得自己正在慢慢读懂这本书
I think I'm making some progress with this book,
但是这些比喻让我有些疑惑
but, uh, I get a little lost in the metaphors.
第一章
In chapter one,
海里的鱼多得是
there's lots of fish in the sea.
好的 这我懂
Okay, I'm with you there.
到了第六章 提升鲑鱼捕获率的
In chapter six, pole caster rigging techniques
鱼竿抛投技术
to increase your salmon harvest rate?
鲑鱼是指女人吗 这么比喻合适吗
I mean, are the salmon women? Are we okay with that?
是啊 比尔 把女人比作这种愚蠢之极
Yeah, Bill, I'm cool with comparing women
在河里就能游错方向又主动落入熊口的动物
to an animal that's so stupid it swims the wrong way up a river
我觉得完全没毛病呢
and then jumps right into a bear's mouth.
比尔 我确实喜欢慢慢来
You know, Bill, I really like to play the long game.
在更进一步之前好好了解对方
You know, really get to know somebody before I make a move.
出来玩 成为朋友
Hang out, become friends,
或许带她们去一去机场
maybe even take them to the airport.
就像我之前认识的一个姑娘
Like this one girl?
你们知道我不是很喜欢亲吻和说话
Hey, you know I'm not really big on kissing and telling,
但我们在去捷蓝终点站的时候
but we got stuck in traffic for three hours
堵了三个小时的车
on the way to the JetBlue terminal.
不错啊 她给你打了几分
Cool. How many stars did she give you?
詹姆斯 你只需要变得直接点
James, you just need to be direct.
到最后我会的
And I will eventually.
告诉你们 放慢节奏
I'm telling you guys, low and slow.
是约会的最佳技巧
That's the best technique for dating--
偷偷接近一只猫也一样
and sneaking up on a cat.
詹姆斯 我知道做出下一步行动是挺可怕的
James, I know making a move is scary,
但你也太怂了点
but you're being a little bit of a chicken.
等到明天我帮维拉搬家的时候
Well, we'll see who's a chicken tomorrow
你们就知道到底谁怂了
when I help Willa move into her new apartment.
要走三层楼梯
Third floor walk-up.
我们整晚都会忙个不停
We're gonna be at it all night.
弗雷德 你怎么样
Hey, Fred, how's it going?
挺不错的
Oh, uh, well, pretty good.
今天早上 我看到一个骑电动车的人
This morning, I saw someone on an electric scooter
直接摔倒在草地上
just eat it on the grass.
让我笑了一天
So that kind of made my day.
剧集 | 艾比酒吧 | 导航列表