剧集 | 有色眼镜 | 导航列表
他们没有有利条件什么的
that they don't really have the advantage or this or that,
但实际上 今日 现在
but in actuality, today, currently,
环境很好
it's a great...
我曾说过
I've said one occasion,
包括我自己 如果我今天踏入社会
even about myself, if I were starting off today,
我很乐意做一个受过良好教育的黑人
I would love to be a well-educated black,
因为我真心认为他们现在有有利条件
because I really believe they do have an actual advantage today.
黑人是什么
What is a black?
我不知道
I don't know.
不过他或许说得对
But, hell, maybe he's right.
有时你得扪心自问
Sometimes you gotta ask yourself,
白人在这个国家何时才能得到安宁
when is the white man gonna get a break in this country?
姐妹 别逗我笑
Girl, don't make me laugh.
他们需要让那个搞歧视的从电视上消失
They need to keep that bigot off TV is what they need to do.
别担心
Don't worry about it.
他的风头就快过去
His 15 minutes almost up.
他们想杀了我儿子
They want to kill my son.
那个恶魔
That devil...
那个恶魔
That devil...
想杀了我儿子
wants to kill my son.
你要投放广♥告♥
You gonna take an ad out
杀我儿子
about killing my son.
他们得先来对付我
They gonna have to come for me first.
或者我去对付他
Better yet, I'll come for him.
他不会有事的
Ain't nobody going nowhere.
我想这就是学者口中的"小菜一碟"
I think this will be what scholars call "A piece of cake."
我们要面对谁
Who are we dealing with?
罗伯特·伯恩斯 他是哈莱姆区的离婚律师
Robert Burns. He's a divorce lawyer in Harlem.
这就是他平时涉及的全部领域
And when I tell you that's the full extent of his practice,
-完全不涉及其他领域 -约瑟夫
- that's the full extent of his practice. - Yusef.
-很高兴见到你 姐姐 -我也是
- Good to see you, sister. - You too.
不会有事的
It's gonna be okay.
-你知道有我做你后盾吧 -你一直都是
- You know I got your back, right? - You always have.
一直都是
Always have.
伯恩斯没有刑法的经验
Burns has no record of criminal law,
他会在庭审上为约瑟夫·萨拉姆辩护
and he's representing Yusef Salaam at the trial.
然后是米奇·乔瑟夫
Next, we have Mickey Joseph,
法律援助协会的刑事辩护律师
a criminal defense lawyer for the Legal Aid Society.
他会为安特龙·麦克雷辩护
He'll defend Antron McCray.
-我认识他 -是吗
- I know him. - Yeah?
他比你想得要厉害
He's stronger than you think.
-乔瑟夫先生 会怎么样 -请叫我米奇
- So, Mr. Joseph, what's gonna happen-- - Mickey, please.
我要是叫你麦克雷先生你会怎么想
How would you feel if I called you Mr. McCray?
像个老顽固 对吗
Like an old fogey, right?
大概吧
Yeah, I guess.
至于科里·怀斯 是个叫柯林·摩尔的人
For Korey Wise, there's some guy he's got named Colin Moore.
他是某种活动分子 他从事志愿法律服务
He's, I don't know, some kind of activist. He's working pro bono.
我无法想象他不在你身边你的感受
I can't imagine how you feel not having him by your side,
但我会竭尽所能让他回来
but I'm going to use everything I know how to get him back to you.
你听说过这个皮特·里维拉吗
You ever hear of this guy Peter Rivera?
布朗克斯有个助理检察官叫皮特·里维拉
Uh, there was an ADA in the Bronx named Peter Rivera.
就是他 他以前是警♥察♥
One and the same. He's also a former cop,
根据可靠消息 他有政♥治♥抱负
and I have it on good authority that he has political aspirations.
-他要代理谁 -桑塔纳
- And who is he representing? - Santana.
里维拉先生
Mr. Rivera?
-桑塔纳先生 -幸会
- Mr. Santana. - Nice to meet you.
最后代理凯文·理查德森的是霍华德·迪勒
The last guy they got repping Kevin Richardson is Howard Diller.
你们家人都很养眼
You are such a good-looking family.
也许我们该多让你们出镜
Maybe we should get you out there more,
让公众知道没什么可担心的
show the public there's nothing to worry about here.
-需要我帮你... -不需要吗 好的 -不用
- Can I help you up the-- No? Okay. - No, I'm fine.
我挖到了他的黑料 我们可以在万不得已时使用
I found something on him we can use if it comes to that.
如我所说
Like I said...
小菜一碟
piece of cake.
好吧
Okay.
你看到的几件破西服和廉价发型
So, you see a couple of bad suits and cheap haircuts
你就觉得"游戏结束"了
and you figure "Game over"?
我来告诉你我看到了什么
Let me tell you what I see.
机会
Opportunity.
这对他们来说
This is an opportunity for every one of those guys
是为自己打出名声的机会
to make a name for themselves,
在一个备受瞩目的案子里取得胜利
to be the victor in something high-profile for once,
被关注 被尊重
attention for once, respect for once.
所以别低估这能给人多大的动力
So, don't underestimate how that drives a person.
他们会倾尽全力来辩护
They are coming at it with everything they got.
我们也一样
Well, we are too.
我们先说说最大的挑战
Okay, let's start with the biggest challenge:
男孩们在警♥察♥局里认罪
the admissions of guilt that the boys made in the police station.
法官裁决认罪录像有效
The judge ruled the confession tapes are admissible.
我们都知道这些录像应该被定为逼供和无效
Now, we all know they should be interpreted as coercion and thrown out.
不幸的是 情况不是这样 但也有好消息
Unfortunately, that's not the case, but there is some good news.
宫颈涂片上的DNA证据是非决定性的
The DNA evidence from the cervical swab is inconclusive,
也就是说受害者体内没有足够的精♥液♥供检测
which means that there wasn't enough semen present in the victim to test
不能和其他任何人匹配
and it cannot be matched to anybody else.
报道说受害者 帕特丽莎·麦利
Reports are that the victim, Patricia Meili,
对事故没有任何记忆
has no recollection of the incident.
所以检方没有理由传唤她作证人
So, there's no reason for the prosecution to call her as a witness.
没有实质证据
So, no physical evidence,
没有目击者
no eyewitness.
州检方的论据很弱
The people's case is weak.
真是狗屁
That's some chickenshit.
好像只有她儿子是无辜的一样
Like hers is the only one that's innocent.
-我没这么说 -你不用明说 冒昧女士
- I didn't say he was. - You didn't have to, Miss Thing,
因为你的衣服已经替你说了
'cause your shirt is saying it for you.
他们说他们在凯文的内♥裤♥里发现了那女子的毛发
They said they found that woman's hair in Kevin's underpants.
当然我们不信
But of course we don't believe it.
他们怎么会这么说
But how are they saying that?
他们要怎么证明一件没发生过的事
I mean, how are they gonna prove something that didn't happen?
没有证据他们能在新闻里把这事说得跟真的一样吗
And can they say it in the news like it's real with no proof?
我是说 我知道他们可以 但是
I mean, I know they can, but...
我们对此能做点什么吗
can we do something about it?
他们说
They're saying
他们找到了看上去像是受害者的毛发 女士
they found hair that looked like the victim's, ma'am.
毛发分♥析♥是出了名的不靠谱
Hair analysis is notoriously unreliable.
别担心 我们会找专家
Hey, don't worry, we're gonna get an expert
为凯文质疑这些科学证据
to challenge the science for Kevin.
不仅没有实质证据
Not only is there no physical evidence,
他们的供词也充满矛盾
the confessions are riddled with conflict.
陪审团会看到的
A jury will see that.
我们会证明你们的孩子是被执法部门逼供的
We'll show that your boys were coerced by law enforcement.
是的 因为我儿子
They will, 'cause my son,
雷 他一天半都没进食
Ray, he didn't even eat for a day and a half.
我去上班
You know, I went to work
回来的时候他们还在审讯他
and I came back and they were still going at him.
知道吗
Okay?
你们知道
And now, you know...
他现在还在里面 我没钱保释
Well, he's in there still and I ain't even got money for bail
-我不知道要多少... -雷
- and I don't know how much-- - Ray.
-没事 -抱歉
- It's fine. - Yeah, I'm sorry.
-没事 -他们跟我们说小龙会回家
- It's okay. - They told us that Tron was coming home.
而承诺配合是非法的
And promises for cooperation are illegal.
这整件事都是非法的
This whole thing is illegal.
就在那时我们实施了强♥奸♥
That's when we came towards the rape.
我们是谁
Who is "We"?
我
Me...
和
And...
是的
Yes.
跑到她后面 这时她转身
...ran in back of her and she turned around...
听上去像是紧急广播系统
Sounds like the damn Emergency Broadcasting System.
当你在一个有五个被告的庭审中
That's what it sounds like when you comply with the Bruton rule
剧集 | 有色眼镜 | 导航列表