剧集 | 乌托邦(2013) | 导航列表
不对 她救了我们
It doesn't make sense. She saved us.
还帮格兰特脱身
She got Grant off the hook.
设置这个有何意义
What's the point of setting...
你有刺痛感了吗
Have you felt any tingling yet?
发抖呢
Tremors?
如果你能告诉我我会很感激的
I'd be grateful if you told me.
我一直致力于研究迪尔综合症
I worked so hard on Deel's.
血压怎么样
What's your blood pressure?
我他妈不用你来检查我
I'm not after a fucking check-up.
为什么
Why?
为什么你们要这么做
Why did you do this?
我们对迪尔综合症对病人的影响不感兴趣
We weren't interested in what Deel's did to the subject.
我们只是想知道
We just wanted to know if we
我们能否实现一种可遗传的改变
could engineer a change that would be passed on.
我们做到了
And we did.
作为一项实验
As an experiment...
它是成功的
it was a success.
成功
Success?
你...
Did you just...
我爸爸都被它害死了
My father died of this.
我做过太多可怕的事情
I've done so many terrible things.
但我们做的事是对的
But what we are doing is right.
你 你是说了"对"吗
Did you... did you say "Right"?
棕色人种 白人 犹太人
Brown people, white people, Jews...
我想你们是指卡维尔关于种族改良的论文
I assume you're referring to Carvel's supposed paper on eugenics.
但卡维尔被误解了
But Carvel was misunderstood.
是啊 就像希♥特♥勒♥一样
Yeah, just like Hitler.
他讲的不是种族 他讲的是生存
He wasn't talking about race. He was talking about survival!
现在地球上有七十多亿人
We've now passed seven billion on this planet.
我出生的时候 才二十亿多一点
When I was born, it was a little over two.
食品价格在上涨 石油快消耗完了
Food prices are rising. Oil is ending.
二十年后当我们的资源都耗尽了
When our resources end in 20 years,
凭我们对自己物种的了解
given everything that we know of our species,
你们真的认为我们会分享吗
do you really think we're going to just... share?
所以 你们的办法就是种族灭绝吗
So, your answer to that is some kind of genocide?
不 不是的 不是种族灭绝
No, it is not. It is not genocide.
我们的解决办法是两面神
Our answer to this is Janus.
两面神包含蛋白质和氨基酸
Janus consists of a protein and an amino acid.
彼此独♥立♥的话 它们是无害的
Independently of each other, they're harmless.
但当我们把它们同时放入实验体时
But when they're brought together in the subject,
它们会像触发型基因一样阻止染色体分♥裂♥
they act as a genetic trigger that prevents chromosomal division.
目标细胞将无法繁殖
The cell targeted can no longer replicate itself
因此也就变得没用了
and is thereby rendered useless.
这种变化是永久的
The change... is permanent.
且有遗传性
And hereditary.
哪些细胞是目标细胞
And... which cells are targeted?
那些控制生育的 贝姬
Those that control fertility, Becky.
两面神的目的
The purpose of Janus
就是绝育
is to sterilise.
两面神的目的是令整个人类绝育
The purpose of Janus is to sterilise the entire human race.
-他们抓住了列茨 -是的
- They've got Letts? - Yes.
我确信列茨还带着疫苗
I believe Letts had the vaccine with him.
-什么 -没必要惊慌
- What? - No need for panic.
卡维尔的成果马上就要到我们手里了
Carvel's work is almost in our hands.
我们别因冲动而适得其反
Let's not lose that by being rash.
你的那个公务员更令人担心
This civil servant of yours is much more worrying.
你处理得很不好
You've handled him badly.
他现在有能力曝光我们了
He now has the capacity to expose us.
他只是个他妈的公务员
He's a fucking civil servant.
我没想到他会冒这个险
I didn't expect him to take risks.
可能你该杀了他
Perhaps you should end him?
他肯定做好应对准备了
He would have prepared for that.
杀了他
End him.
别给我下命令 明白吗
Don't give me orders. Do you understand?
我是个部长 我不用听你的命令
I am a minister, and I don't take orders from you!
我会处理他的 你得处理这事
I'll deal with him. You need to deal with this.
处理这事
Deal with this?
怎么处理
How?
把列茨弄回来
By getting Letts back.
回来
Back?
我们为什么需要他回来
Why on earth would we want him back?
两面神会感染90-95%的人口
Janus affects 90 to 95% of the population,
二十人中仅有一人可以生育
leaving only one in 20 fertile.
我们预计不到一百年
We predict the population will
人口就会降到五亿
plateau at 500 million in just under 100 years.
到那时 正常的生育率将逐步恢复
By then, normal breeding rates should resume...
但那时的地球就将
...but on a planet that will feel...
十分空旷了
...empty.
你们真♥他♥妈♥的疯了
You're fucking insane.
什么都不做才是疯了
To do nothing is insane.
你们说我们是在灭绝种族
You accuse us of being genocidal.
不作为才会令种族灭绝
Not acting is genocide.
你以为你们的食物是从哪里来的 伊恩
Where do you think your food comes from, Ian?
世界上三分之一的耕地
A third of the world's
都因土壤退化无法使用了
farmland is now useless due to soil degradation,
然而我们却在不断繁衍更多需要喂养的人口
yet we keep producing more mouths to feed.
你的解决办法是什么
And what's your answer to that?
节能灯泡吗
Energy-saving light bulbs?
但我们有做一些事
But we're doing things.
我们 我们在改变
We're... We're changing things.
你知道谁曾对地球环境
You know the person who had the greatest positive impact
产生过最有利的影响吗
on the environment of this planet?
成吉思汗 因为他屠♥杀♥了四千万的人口
Genghis Khan. Because he massacred 40 million people.
没有人耕地了 森林长回来了
There was no-one to farm the land. Forests grew back.
二氧化碳被挤出了大气层
Carbon was dragged out of the atmosphere.
如果没有这个"怪物"的话
And had this "Monster" Not existed,
今天这个将死的地球上
there'd be another billion of
还有会另外的十亿人在抢占生存空间
us today jostling for space on this dying planet.
然而两面神没有屠♥杀♥任何人
Yet Janus massacres no-one.
没有任何暴♥力♥
It's without violence.
这就是你们这么对我的原因吗
This is why you did this to me?
这就是你们杀了我爸爸的原因吗
This is why you killed my dad?
是的
It is.
还有近千个其他罪行拷问着我的良心
And there are a thousand other crimes on my conscience.
但你知道我看到什么了吗 威尔逊
But do you know what I see, Wilson?
一个变成沙漠的地球
A planet turned into a desert.
十亿个生命正在挨饿
A thousand million souls starving...
在垂死挣扎
...dying.
而我们可以用两面神
And we can stop this...
阻止这一切
...with Janus.
你为什么要告诉我们这些
Why are you telling us this?
不只是为了救你自己吧
It's not just to save yourself.
你可以编任何借口来救你自己
You could have said anything to save yourself.
我们有的只是近似值
What we have is an approximation.
我们不是卡维尔
We're not Carvel.
我们没有他的天赋
We don't have his genius.
我们将在三个月内
We'll know within three months
知道两面神的一个版本是否有效
whether a version of Janus works.
我们已经准备好在全球使用了
Then we're poised to repeat it across the globe.
如果有效的话
If it works.
但要确认只有一个办法
But there is one way of making sure.
让我们拿到手稿
Get us the manuscript.
你是要我们帮你吗
You're asking us to help you?
不是我 是人类
Not me. Humanity.
全世界的人 好人 都在帮忙
All over the world people are helping, good people.
如果我们有手稿的话
If we had the manuscript,
-我们 -好了 你别说了
- we... - Right, you need to stop talking.
不这样做 会让亿万人挨饿受苦
Not to do this is to condemn billions to starvation and misery.
我们得弄清米尔纳跟他们是不是一伙的
We need to find out if Milner's with them.
如果她不是 我们就得把疫苗给她
If she's not, then we need to get that vaccine to her...
剧集 | 乌托邦(2013) | 导航列表