剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表
guards, hold him down on the table.
卫兵 把他按到桌上
Oh! sweet jesus! oh, lord!
哦 上帝开恩 哦 主啊
Oh, jesus! oh, god!
哦 开恩 哦 主啊
damn you to hell.
下地狱吧你
I am concerned for lord darcy, your grace.
公爵大人 我担心达西勋爵
I think the journey almost broke him.
他受不起旅途颠簸
his lordship is taken care of.
会有人照顾他的
Here is sir francis bryan.
这位是弗朗西斯·布莱恩爵士
mr. aske. sir francis.
阿斯科先生 弗朗西斯爵士
I have orders to commit you to the tower.
我受命押您去伦敦塔
but it's for your own safety.
不过这是为您的安全考虑
You will be lodged comfortably enough.
您会被好好照顾
Mr. cromwell desires to ask you a few questions.
克伦威尔先生要问您几个问题
I trust your grace I swear...
我相信大人 我发誓
I have done my best for you, mr. aske.
我已为您尽力了 阿斯科先生
the duke of suffolk, my lord.
萨福克公爵来访 大人
you asked to see me?
您想见我
yes, your grace.
是的 公爵大人
well, explain yourself. what do you want?
说吧 您到底想要什么
I have some reports.
我得到一些情报
you always have reports, cromwell.
克伦威尔 您对情报总是无孔不入
but these are very interesting.
但这些确实很有趣
They are reports from the assizes at carlisle,
这些是卡莱尔地区法庭的呈报
When you sat in judgement against the rebels
当您对妄图反抗国王的叛军
who attempted to overthrow the king's Majesty.
进行裁决的时候
everything was done legally and properly.
所有都是通过合法途径实施的
74 rebels were judged and hanged.
74个人被审判并施以绞刑
there's the problem.
这正是问题所在
At one point, all agree that there were at least 40,000
所有人都知道 当时至少有4万名
rebels armed and in the field.
武装及非武装叛军
And yet, your grace found only 74 guilty.
但您 只抓了74个有罪之人
I hanged those who were the leaders and the
我绞死的是叛军首领
Most guilty of inciting the rest to rebellion.
以及策反民众的罪人
Had you actually been there to hear the evidence?
您当时在场听见这些证词了吗
I must be honest with your grace.
大人 我不得不坦诚一点儿
You have been accused of too great a leniency towards the rebels,
有人谴责您 对那些叛军
Towards recalcitrant monks and other upholders of the old religion.
顽抗的传教士及旧宗教的支持者过分仁慈了
It is disputed whether you are and your heart and soul
关于您有否全心全意致力于围剿叛军
Fully engaged in this struggle against the traitorous rebels?
这一点颇值得怀疑
Or whether you are, in your heart, still a papist?
或者说 在您内心 您是否仍是个天主教♥徒♥
who accuses me?
是谁 谴责我
his majesty.
是陛下
Consequently,
因此
His majesty now demands that you return north
陛下命令您回到北方
and carry up roper and efficient reprisals against these rebels and traitors.
采取适当并有效的措施 镇♥压♥叛军和叛国者
You are to make a terrible example of them,
您要杀一儆佰
And teach those parts the virtues of loyalty.
让他们知道忠心的意义
74 is an inadequate number.
74人 远远不够
since you ask me for the truth, I will answer that.
既然您问我实情 那我就禀言相告
In all parts of the realm,
在叛军区的所有地方
Men's hearts were most hurt by the destruction of the abbeys.
教堂的毁坏已经深深伤害了人们的心
Because they thought, perhaps with reason,
因为他们认为 这也许是有道理的
That this was the first fruit of the
在英国对宗教的迫♥害♥
Destruction of their whole religion in england.
还仅仅是起步而已
here is a letter of yours.
这是一封你写的信
On the 19th of january,
1月19日
You wrote "i shall keep a clean true heart to god and the king "and
您写道 我该对上帝和国王忠贞不二
Will ever more further and be a true petitioner
为了人♥民♥的福祉
for the commonwealth's good."
我会不遗余力 作忠实的请♥愿♥者
You signed it "t. darcy".
上有您的签名 T·达西
I remember it. but I am not sure what is wrong with it.
我记得这个 但我不明白这有什么问题
can you not agree...
您难道不同意
That it was rather the spreading of false rumours.
这不过是传播虚假的缪闻吗
For example that the parish churches were going to
比如 教区教堂将会被毁坏这等传言
Be pulled down which actually caused the rebellion?
才造成了这起反叛
no. it was the fact that the abbeys were being suppressed and burned.
不是 教堂被镇♥压♥和破坏是事实
you wrote it on the 19th of january.
您是在1月19日写的
That is after the king declared his pardon and the rebellion had ended.
在国王宣布赦免令及反叛停止后
but I understood that the king had also agreed to a free parliament,
但国王同样承诺组建一个自♥由♥的议会
Where his subjects could still show their griefs and complaints.
他的臣民可以在那里畅所欲言
My letter was only meant to-- - I'll tell you what it meant, my lord.
我写信只是为了 我来告诉你吧 大人
It meant that, even after the king's gracious pardon,
它意味着 即使在国王宽大的赦免之后
You had not changed your traitor's heart and opinions.
您还是没有改变您的叛国之心和想法
You continued to seek the annulment of laws made for the good of the commonwealth
您仍在想方设法废除为大众福祉而制定的法律
and you still wished to depose the king!
而且您仍然想要废黜国王
tell me...
告诉我
Why they were so important to you?
为什么他们对你这么重要
because the abbeys in the north gave alms to poor men
因为北方的修道院向穷♥人♥布施
and laudably served god.
忠心侍奉着上帝
They were one of the beauties of
在那里 他们对当地人或外地人来说
This realm to all men and strangers alike.
都是一样的福祉
They took care of their servants,
他们方方面面地关怀着他们的仆从
Their tenants and their local communities in every sort of way.
佃农 以及当地居民
From maintaining bridges and sea walls to
从维修桥梁和海堤
Seeing that girls and boys were brought up in virtue.
到关注孩子们在道德熏陶下长大成人
And when they stood,
当它们耸立在那里的时候
People not only had worldly refreshment in their bodies,
人们不仅是肉体获得了洗涤
But they also had a spiritual refuge.
他们同时也得到了心灵的庇护
so you begrudged the suppression...
所以你不满对其的镇♥压♥
...and the king's supremacy?
以及国王的王权
after such confessions, what forgiveness?
在这样的坦白后 这是何等宽仁之心
it is not mr. Aske
并不是阿斯科先生
but you,
而是您
Who are the very original and chief course
您才是这次反叛以及灾祸的
of all this rebellion and mischief.
罪魁祸首
And though you could probably find some way of having all
如果您乐意 您总有办法把那里
The noblemen's heads in their realm struck off if you wanted.
所有勇士的头砍下 尽管如此
Yet, I trust there might be one left who could still strike off yours...
但我深信 总会有人活下来 最终砍下您的
It may surprise you to learn, mr. aske, that...
也许这会令您吃惊 阿斯科先生
There's a very good reason I intend to save you.
但我却有个打算准备救您
you have been here for two days.
您在这待了两天了
But still you don't talk to me.
但您仍不跟我说话
Even though you are unhappy.
尽管您很不高兴
how do you know?
您怎么知道的
you wake in the night. you say things...
您在半夜里惊醒 还说梦话
what do I say?
我说了什么
unburden your heart.
卸下心中的重担
if I do, believe me, everything will change.
如果我这样做 相信我 一切都会改变
I am commanded to return north to carry out retribution.
我受命返回北方去施行镇♥压♥
I must execute more rebels.
我必须处死更多的叛军
Only this time without trial or proper process.
只有这一次不用经过审判或正当程序
many? yes, many.
许多人 是的
Many.
许多
Hundreds.Thousands.
成百上千
I must kill hundreds of men,
我必须杀死上百个男人
Women and children or lose the love of my king.
女人和小孩 或对国王有叛逆之心的人们
women and children? I have no choice.
还有妇女和孩子 我别无选择
of course you have choice.
您当然有选择的余地
What if they were your own children?
如果他们是您自己的孩子呢
I would still have to do it.
我还是必须这么做
his majesty the king.
国王陛下驾到
stand up, mr. aske.
请起 阿斯科先生
mr. cromwell has reported your words to me.
克伦威尔先生已经把您的话传达给我了
I have come to talk to you about the abbeys
我是来和您谈修道院的事宜
And the religious houses you care so much about.
以及您极为关心的宗教场所问题
please.
请坐
You have so much affection for these monks yet I can
您对那些传教士充满仁爱之心
Prove to you how far they are from good religious men.
但是我能向您证明 他们和虔诚的宗教人士相差甚远
They claim to live in wilful poverty, chastity and obedience.
他们声称他们过着穷困贞洁以及顺从的生活
Yet they amass possessions and put themselves outside the law.
但他们却聚敛钱财 置身于法律之外
剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表