剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表
市长会在一个小时之后发布年度演讲
The Mayor will give a state-of-the-city address in an hour.
这事可是极其非常微妙
I cannot overstate the delicacy of this.
警局监督部会全副武装
P.C. Watchdogs will be out in full force,
尤其是这周末市长的表演之后
particularly after the Mayor's performance this weekend.
Mike 他能参加团结游♥行♥日
Mike, it was absolutely essential
是相当重要的
that he attend that unity pride day.
跳上舞台跟饶舌乐队一起表演
By jumping up on that stage and performing with that rap band,
他告诉了这些孩子 他理解他们
he showed those kids he understood their world.
Cater 我对饶舌没什么看法
Carter, I've got nothing against rap music.
恰好我也喜欢饶舌
I happen to like "The rap music."
但不管是饶舌 还是乡村或者古典音乐 甚至舞台剧
But whether it's rap, country and western, or a damn show tune,
市长都不该唱那首叫"你个婊♥子♥"的歌♥
the Mayor should not be singing any song called "Yo bitch."
滑板事故
Skateboard accident.
我看见过你为了抢电梯
I've seen you dislocate your shoulder
而肩膀脱臼
running for an elevator.
放过滑板吧
Stay off the skateboard.
那个小鬼从人行道划过来
This little monster comes barreling down the sidewalk,
我努力躲开他
so I manage to avoid him, right ?
然后就失去平衡了
But I'm thrown off-balance,
然后他妹妹骑着三轮车从我身上压过去
and his kid sister nails me with her big wheel.
准确的说 这算是个三轮车事故
So technically, it's a big wheel accident.
这两样东西都有刹车
Those things come equipped with hand brakes,
我要是你 我会扪心自问
so if I were you I'd be asking myself,
这真是个意外吗
"Was it really an accident ?"
回顾过去的一年里
Looking back at the past 12 months
在办公室里
I've been in office...
我能自豪的指出在我管辖内
I can point with pride to the many accomplishments
所取得的成就
of my administration.
犯罪率下降
Crime is down.
现在你在城市街上被谋杀
You are now less likely to be murdered
或被袭击的可能性
or violently assaulted on the streets of this city...
是过去二十年间
...than at any other time
最低的时候
in the past 20 years.
与此同时
At the same time...
我们经历着一场文化复兴
we are experiencing a cultural renaissance.
再说一次 纽约市是一个圣地
Once again, New York is a mecca
是电影人 音乐家
for filmmakers, musicians,
作家 电视制♥作♥人的麦加
writers, and television producers.
嗯
And, uh...
这都归功于我们每年的纳税所得
...this both contributes to our tax base
以及成千上万游客的到来
and attracts thousands of visitors to our city each year.
假如不是
Now, if it wasn't for...
不是吧 老兄 我道了歉了
Please, dude, I said I was sorry.
你觉得动作
You think this...
是道歉的意思吗
...means I'm sorry ?
这是市长在做年度演讲
This was a state-of the-city address
有几百万的市民在观看
seen by millions of New Yorkers,
你知道我们要表达什么吗
and do you know what our message was ?
犯罪率下降 就业率提升
Crime is down, jobs are up,
而且市长讨厌聋子
and the Mayor hates deaf people.
放轻松 老兄 我就是个临时工
Back off, pal. I'm just a temp.
哈 就是个临时工
Ha ! Just a temp !
还有你 你在哪招的这人
And, you ! Where did you find this guy ?
临时工中介
Temp agency.
Paul 我在考虑找只猴子来顶替你的工作
Paul, I'm thinking of having you replaced with a monkey.
不管怎么说 为什么中介派你来
Why did the agency send you over, anyway ?
他的简历写着他精通手语
His resum?Said he knew sign language.
他的简历作假吗 Mike
He lied on his resum? Mike ?
是人就能看出来
It would appear so.
难道你们之前
You guys telling me
从来没在简历上作假过
you never lied on your resum before?
从没 不 没有
Never. Nope. No.
想都别想 不是我
Not a chance. Not me.
没 我也没有
Nope. Not me, either.
嗯 我还是能拿到今天的工资对吧
Uh, I'm still gonna get paid for today, right ?
哦 对 你的工资寄出去了
Oh, yeah. The, uh, "Check is in the mail."
到底这个会的主题是什么
So, what exactly is the purpose of this meeting ?
Sarah Edelman会来
Sarah Edelman is coming by
她是纽约听力障碍联合中心的
from the New York coalition for the hearing impaired.
我正努力提议建立一个聋哑人社区
I'm trying to make an overture to the deaf community.
她聋吗
She's deaf ?
是啊 Paul 表现好点
Yeah, Paul. Makes for a better overture.
那为什么Stuart可以参加我却不能
So how come Stuart gets to go and I don't ?
因为我们在努力达成一项协议
Because we're trying to actually accomplish something.
因为Stuart会手语
Because Stuart knows sign language.
你安心养病吧
You just worry about getting better.
Claudia会到你那里
Claudia staying at your place,
她能照顾好你吗
taking good care of you ?
吼 贯来如此
Ho ho ! Is she ever !
我有话要交代给你们两位 沐浴
I have 2 words for you gentlemen... sponge bath.
你知道Claudia做什么吗 Paul - 她整天宅着
You know what Claudia's doing, Paul ? - She's nesting.
宅着 没错
Nesting ? That's right.
接下来 她的耳环会出现在你的床头柜上
Next, her earrings will be on your night stand,
她的牙刷在你的药柜里
her toothbrush in your medicine cabinet.
她会口衔橄榄枝出现在你家门口
She'll show up at your door with a bunch of twigs in her beak.
哦哇 那意味着一件事
Oh, wow. That can only mean one thing...
Claudia想在我的公♥寓♥下"蛋"
Claudia wants to lay her eggs in my apartment.
哦 她会在你那下"蛋"的
Oh, she'll lay them in your apartment,
他们会在你住不起的长岛上的
but they're gonna hatch in a house
房♥子里孵化出来
you can't afford on long island.
我们为今早上发生的事
We'd like to convey our sincerest apologies
向您表示深深的歉意
for the events that took place this morning.
她能理解吗
Can she understand me ?
能 她懂得
Yes. She understands.
天哪 Stu 那你都能懂啊
Gee, Stu, how'd you ever pick that up ?
这很容易 感谢莅临
Well, that was easy. Thanks for coming up. It's always nice
能跟理解力强的人共事很愉快
dealing with somebody who is so understanding.
她能理解你是因为她会唇语
No, she understands you because she reads lips.
但是 她不太懂
She does not, however...
行政人员为什么认为
understand how this administration
这么个简单 空洞 毫无诚意的道歉
thinks it can get away with a
就能解决问题
simple, empty, insincere apology.
因为之前都有用
Because it's always worked before ?
好吧 Mike
Yeah... ok, Mike.
我可能惹毛她了
I think I've warmed her up.
你来招待她吧
Why don't you bring this one home ?
很高兴见到你 女士
Nice meeting you, ma'am.
请坐
Uh, please.
Edelman女士
Ms. Edelman...
我能称呼你为Sarah吗
uh, may I call you Sarah ?
随你
Go for it.
Sarah 我们非常清楚语言
Sarah, we're well aware that words alone
是无法减轻
cannot undo the hurt and pain
对你们这些重要成员
that we've inflicted upon these most valued members
所造成的伤害的
of our community.
她说什么
What'd she say ?
你会相信这种
"Can you believe this..."
擦屁♥股♥的话吗"
followed by an expletive referring to cow dung.
好吧
Ok.
Sarah 嗯 跟你实话说吧
Sarah, uh, I'm gonna level with you.
我们搞砸了
We screwed up.
而且 我没有任何借口
And... and I don't have a good excuse ready.
她很欣赏你的坦白
She appreciates your candor...
但她觉得
but she thinks
除非有一个公开的道歉
that anything less than a public apology
否则是无法抹平给听障人士
would be viewed by the hearing impaired community
脸上的这一耳光的
as a slap in the face.
没错 如果能让你感觉舒服点
You got it. And if it makes you feel any better,
Stuart的脸可以随便扇
feel free to slap Stuart in the face.
不 这可不是玩笑
No. That's not funny.
剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表