剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表
我们那次是最后一次做焦点团体
We had that one last focus group,
而且他们的建议就是需要更多焦点团体
and their recommendation was more focus groups.
我对于结果一点儿都不感兴趣
I'm not interested in the results.
可是 在报告里他们对您的评价很高哦
Well, they say some very nice things about your honor in here.
我才不管呢 都说了啥啊
No. I don't care. What kind of things ?
你可以自己看看啊
You might want to read it.
啊 我可没跟你保证什么啊
Ahh. I'm not making you any promises.
他们就是喜欢你这点
They like that about you.
看第六页
Page 6.
我的亲娘 这些家伙又来了
Oh, gee ! Here they come again !
事实上 我其实想表达的是
Really, all I meant to say was...
请进
Yeah ?
市长先生 关于今天下午的新闻发布会
Mr. Mayor, about this afternoon's press conference.
他们今天会步步紧逼的
They'll come after us hard today,
但是我们不用害怕
but have no fear.
吃午饭的时候 我去健身馆
At lunchtime, I went to my gym,
在速度球训练的时候 做好出拳准备
did a workout on the speed bag, I'm ready.
我要出拳了 我要出拳了 吼
Huh ? Huh ? Whoo !
市长 我是这么想的
Sir, you know, I was thinking.
现在Tommy Dugan在外面还没走
We still got Tommy Dugan hanging around,
我有个小想法 我就是那么一想
and I thought, I don't know,
我们要不要让他继续体验下去
I thought we might open up with him.
什么
What ?
Tommy Dugan当了一天的市长 还赢得了人心
Tommy Dugan could run for Mayor today and win.
你说什么
Excuse me ?
我没说做这里的市长
Well, not here.
我意思是一个更小一点的小城市
I mean in a much, much smaller city.
比如西海岸的
Somewhere, like, on the west coast...
位于非洲的某个城市
of Africa.
他是个挺不错的孩子
Well, he's a good kid.
媒体界的驯兽师 对吧
A damn lion tamer with the press, too, huh ?
好吧
You know, ok.
我们可以利用我们手上所有的杀手锏 Mike
We could use all the guns that we got today, Mike.
说到这个 先生
Speaking of which, sir,
你看焦点团队的报告结果没
did you look at the focus group results ?
噢 这些东西都是胡说八道的
Oh... you know, this stuff is just nonsense.
你看这块
I mean, look.
你有发现我很难相处
Do you find me detached, huh ?
你有发现我的手势很具有威胁性
Do you think that my gestures are threatening ?
呃
Uh...
呐 你看这块儿
now, look at this.
还是说我身高的问题
Still with the height.
他们能不能不提这茬了
Will they ever let that go ?
我认为这是某些不怀好意的人故意找茬
I'm afraid that one's going to keep dogging us, sir.
谢谢大家 谢谢
Thanks, everybody. Thank you.
Ed Malcolm Toby 我喜欢你的围巾
Ed, Malcolm. Toby, I love the scarf.
作为市长体验日的市长你觉得怎么样
How would you describe your experience as Mayor for a day ?
实话实说 棒极了
Well, to tell you the truth, frank, it's been great.
我了解了很多东西
You know, I've learned so much.
在今天之前
Heck, before today,
我根本不知道有多少人在市政厅工作
I had no idea how many people worked at city hall.
那有多少人在市政厅工作?
How many people do work here ?
就目前我所知道的 0.5个
Well, as far as I can tell, about half.
哈哈 我开玩笑的 我等着你问我这问题呢
No. I'm kidding. I just set you up.
Tommy 你有没有考虑过真正成为公务人员
Tommy, would you ever consider running for public office ?
没有 把这些问题都留给这些专业人士吧
No. Leave that to the professionals.
这些人都非常棒
I mean, these guys are great.
当然了 他们薪水也比我高很多
Of course, they get paid a lot more than I do.
我只得到了一份午餐
All I got was lunch.
谢谢你的回答 Tommy
Uh, thanks, Tommy.
不好意思我打断下
I hate to interrupt here
你今天干的确实不错
because you're doing a great job
我们也想听你多讲讲体验日的情况
and we want to hear more about your day.
我有一些内务需要处理一下
I have some housekeeping items I got to take care of.
首先 我们很高兴得向大家宣布
First, we are happily announce that
洛克菲勒中心的圣诞树正在运来的路上
the Christmas tree for Rockefeller center is on its way.
这棵圣诞树将会是纽约市历史上最高的一棵
It's the tallest one in the history of New York city.
比去年的还要高 棒极了
Taller than last year ? That's great.
正如我说的 这些人棒极了
What did I say ? These guys are great.
谢谢 Tommy 谢谢
Thanks, Tommy, thanks.
其他通知呢
What's the other item ?
由于预算原因
Due to budget,
我们将对交通部道路养护组裁员8%
we're downsizing the department of transportation road crews by 8%.
好的 话筒交回给你 Tommy
Ok, back to you, Tommy.
你要在圣诞前裁员
You're firing people right before Christmas ?
事情不是你想的这样的 Tommy
Well, no, Tommy.
我们只是让他们在年度财政年结束前离开
We're letting them go before the end of the fiscal year.
那你们准备让多少人离开
And how many people are you letting go ?
我们已经尽最大能力把人数限制在大约150人
Uh, well, we've been able to limit it to about 150.
我们有啥说啥 Mike
You know, let's be honest, Mike.
我们说的不是有自♥由♥职业的洞穴人
There's not a lot of freelance pothole work out there.
对这些人来说这是个很扯蛋的决策
This is a bum deal for these guys,
即使他们可以自己带走橙色背心
even if they do get to keep the orange vests.
我没说完呢
You didn't let me finish.
那啥
Ok ? Uh...
他们可以自己带走橙色背心
they will be keeping the orange vests.
150个人啊 这可是相当多的人啊
150. You know, that is a hell of a lot more
这人数要比现在房♥间里的人还要多很多
than how many people are in this room.
你觉得让你告诉这些记者
How would you like to tell these reporters
他们明天不用来上班了 他们会怎么想
they don't have to come in tomorrow ?
哦 Tommy 如果我能有这权利就好了
Oh, Tommy, if I only had the power.
刚刚真是棒极了
How great was that, huh ?
整个一全垒打
Home run, out of the park.
那些记者还在那块儿涂涂写写的
Those reporters are still back there, scribbling away.
哦也 Tommy 你是就是全场最大赢家
That was a real game-winner.
你是对的 这绝对会是个载入史册的采访
You were right. This is definitely not a fluff piece.
我打心眼儿里替你高兴 宝贝
Oh, I'm real happy for you, hon.
我能跟你说几句话吗
Can I talk to you for a minute ?
可以 等我一下
Ok, yeah, just a second.
我想在我还兴奋的时候完成一件事情
I want to do this while I'm still on a high.
你好 Nikki
Hey, uh... Nikki ? Um...
呐 你觉得
listen, would you be interested
和我今晚一起吃个饭怎么样
in having dinner with me tonight ?
就这么简单
Just like that ?
没有思想上的纠结
No mind games ?
就连约会前的承诺恐惧症的这种话也木有
No pre-date commitment-phobia speeches ? Nothing ?
哪有男人怕承诺的
What kind of a guy is afraid of commitment ?
Tommy 现在这个屋子里
You know, Tommy, no one in this room right now
没有人愿意跟你一起做任何事
is interested in doing anything with you, ok ?
我愿意去
Yes.
我感觉你有一些失落
You know, I sense you're a little bit upset.
你刚刚做了什么 你一点都不清楚么
You have no idea what you just did, do you ?
实话实说啊
Well, I told the truth.
对 你还能因为说实话得一个小红花
Well, you get a gold star for that.
Mike 有一大群愤怒的道路工人在楼下
Mike, there's a bunch of angry road workers downstairs.
如果你不去和他们见个面
If you don't meet with them,
他们威胁说
they're threatening to,
我引用原话 "用水泥铺满大厅"
and I quote, "Start paving the lobby."
你有没有打算去跟他们谈谈
So, are you going to go talk with them ?
Tom 以一般性的原则来说
Well, tom, as a general rule of thumb,
我个人没有开放性的对话政策
I don't have an open-door policy
而且是对于已经被解雇的愤怒工人
with angry ex-government workers,
特别是那些开着压路机的
especially ones who drive steamrollers.
Mike 那你对谁有开放性对话政策
Well, who do you have an open-door policy with, Mike ?
对于那些会给你报销午餐费用的人
The people who are paying for your expense-account lunches ?
你到底想表达什么 Tommy市长
What exactly is your point, Mayor Tommy ?
那些人今天丢掉了工作 好么
Those guys lost their jobs today, ok ?
他们就想跟你谈谈
All they want to do is talk.
你知道奇怪的是什么吗
And you want to know the weird part ?
这对我来讲是一种乐趣啊
It was fun for me.
剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表