剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表
我们走 武装到牙齿 快一点
Let's go ! Heel to toe ! Come on !
来了 抱歉 Paul
Coming ! I'm sorry, Paul !
我到底在干嘛
What am I doing ?
是眼罩 Mike 这个眼罩有魔力
It's the patch, Mike. The patch has power.
不管你想干什么 不要直视它
Whatever you do, don't look directly at it.
市长办公室对Heywood的婚礼或者是同性婚姻的
"The Mayor's office has no comment on Mr. Heywood's wedding
问题无任何评论
nor on the issue of gay marriage."
Mike 我不能读这个
Mike, I can't read this.
这是我们的立场 我们要坚持
It's our position. We're going to stick with it.
不 不是 我的意思是我读不了
No, no, no. I mean, I can't read this.
你把一只眼睛捂上试试
You try it. Cover an eye.
我头都痛了
I'm getting a headache.
Paul 我需要
Paul, I got...
需要知道你已经做好准备了 好吗
I got to know you're ready for this, ok ?
这些人需要听到解释
These people are going to want some answers.
如果又是你那些老套的回答
They won't be satisfied
他们是不会满意的
with the timeless Paul Lassiter classic,
无可奉告
"I have no comment at this time."
不要太担心了 事情完全在我掌控之中
Don't you worry about a thing because I'm in total control.
你看 此生我都没有像此时一般的自信
Look, I've never felt more confident in my life.
自从那个意外后 我发掘出了我内在的力量
Since that accident, I've finally found my inner strength.
那个意外让我的人生从此与众不同
That accident changed my life.
Paul 你又不是开着一辆赛车
Paul, you weren't driving an Indy car.
你只是被一片面包击中了
You got hit by toast.
看看 我们美丽的新娘
Well, there she is... the bride.
我正想着送你个什么样的新婚礼物呢
I've been thinking about wedding presents.
你想要什么 调味汁瓶
What do you want ? Gravy boat ?
一个搅拌机
A blender ?
招待会上用的约会对象
Date for the reception ?
真贴心 Mike
Very cute, Mike.
怎么啦
What's the matter ?
我刚刚和我奶奶通了电♥话♥
I just got off the phone with my nana.
她大为震惊
She's just thrilled.
准备从杰克逊维尔飞过来参加我的婚礼
She's flying up from Jacksonville for the wedding.
哇哦 好一个奶奶
Wow, what a nana.
她刚才不停地重复她有多开心
She just kept saying how happy she is
因为她孙女儿终于结婚了
that her granddaughter is finally getting married.
不幸的是 所有有关捍卫同志权利的事都抛之脑后了
Unfortunately, the whole gay rights thing just kind of went...
我明白你的意思
I know what you mean.
我奶奶一直以为同性恋
My grandmother thought that a homosexual
说的是那种一辈子只陪一个人的忠诚之士
was a person who slept with one person their whole life.
我们试图就这么让她理解
We were going to let it slide,
可是她不停地告诉邮递员她是个蕾丝边儿
but she kept telling the mailman she was a homosexual.
我只是不想让我奶奶失望
I just don't want my nana to be disappointed.
既然如此 取消婚礼不就行了
You don't want to disappoint nana, so cancel it.
为了奶奶把它取消了
Cancel it for nana.
我很抱歉 Mike 但我不会取消
You know, I'm sorry, Mike.
我为了Carter才这样做
I'm doing this for carter.
如果我可以帮助他
If I can help him
在这样重要的事情上点燃一把希望之光
shine the light on an important issue,
那就太棒了 至于我 就无所谓了
that's great. And as for me, I don't care.
只是几天我生活了超出常规的日子罢了
This is just a few days out of my life.
Nikki
Nikki.
怎么
What ?
我有一个惊喜给你
I have a surprise for you.
什么啊
What ?
我希望你不要觉得太老套
I hope you don't think this is too corny,
但是 呃 看
but, well... here.
这是 呃 我祖母的
It's, uh, my grandmother's
订婚戒指
engagement ring.
我妈只要想到真的会有人戴上这枚戒指
My mom was so excited
就很兴奋
when she thought somebody might actually wear it,
哪怕只有一周时间
even for a week.
喔噢
Wow.
喔噢
Wow.
哦哇
Wow !
谢谢你 Nikki
Thanks, Nikki.
喔噢
Wow.
一个追问都没有
Not a single follow-up question ?
没有 Paul让媒体们都彻底闭嘴了
None. Paul has completely shut down the media.
我不知道他是怎么办到的
I don't know how he did it.
不管怎样 总算是在关于如何掩盖
Anyway, it gives us a window to try to figure out
这场婚礼上给了点希望
how to put the kibosh on this wedding.
好吧 其实我觉得我们没必要去胡编乱造
Well, I don't think we need to put any kibosh on it.
那么 我们是要防患于未然吗
Well, should we just nip it in the bud, then ?
我来给你讲个小故事 MiKe
Let me tell you a little story, Mike.
请讲
Please.
当我11岁的时候
When I was 11 years old,
我父母把我送到了一个夏令营里
my parents sent me away to summer camp.
在那儿 我一只脚得了
It was there that I developed, well,
呃 严重的脚气
a serious case of athlete's foot.
无需多说 当我们要去洗澡的时候
Needless to say, when it came time to hit the showers,
我既不好意思又非常困惑
I was embarrassed and confused.
我现在和那时的您一样 先生
You and me both, sir.
不 关键在于 我越多的
No. The point is, the more I did
去掩饰自己的痛苦
to try to hide my affliction,
我就越注意那些痛苦的事
the more I drew attention to it.
不久之后 我 我发现我变成了一个洗澡时
Pretty soon, I- I-I was just a boy in the shower
要穿着一只袜子的男孩儿
with one sock on.
你是在说我们越努力掩饰这件事
You're saying the more we do to try to cover this up,
它就会变得越糟吗
the worse it will get.
让我想想 看怎么解决这个问题
Give me a second. Let me work with this.
呃 很显然 您已经开始出现消极态度了
Ok, well, you've already come out negative on it,
所以守旧派们高兴了
so the conservatives are happy.
并且如果我们让Carter和Nikki走过教堂的长廊
And if we let carter and Nikki walk down the aisle,
就又安抚了那些新潮的自♥由♥主义者 因此
the liberals are taken care of, so...
我们静观其变即可
do nothing.
先生 这真是令人鼓舞
Sir, that's inspired.
顺其自然吧 Mike 办法自然会出现
Let it be, Mike, and the path shall reveal itself.
您真是相信精神的力量啊
You're a very spiritual man, aren't you, sir ?
我有部分齐佩瓦族的血统
I'm part Chippewa.
Stuart 我不太清楚到底是怎么回事
You know, I don't know what it is, Stuart,
但是一到婚礼上我就会有这种感觉
but I always get this feeling at weddings.
就好像 空气里有一种别样的能量
You know, there's almost a different energy in the air.
也许只有我有这种感受
Maybe it's just me.
不止你有 James
It's not just you, James.
这是自然的法则
It's the law of the jungle.
女人在婚礼上总是自然而然流露脆弱
Women are naturally vulnerable at weddings.
你看过野生王国吗
You ever see wild kingdom ?
我们是猎豹 James
We're cheetahs, James,
而女人则是
and the women...
受了伤的小羚羊
they're wounded baby gazelles.
哦 好啊 你们在找森林之王吗
Yeah, well, you're looking at the king of the jungle.
说真的 我弄到的电♥话♥多到
I'm telling you, I got more numbers
让我措手不及啊
than I know what to do with.
Paul 医生说
Paul, how long did the doctor say
你的眼罩要戴几天
you're supposed to wear the patch ?
到星期五
Friday.
今天已经星期六了
It's saturday.
是吗 好吧
Yes, well,
医生的处方给的比较含糊
the prescription was very vague.
嗨
Hello.
哦 Mike 看 NIkki Mike来了
Oh, Mike ! Look, Nikki, it's Mike !
嗨 MIke
HI, Mike.
嗨 Karen
HI, Karen.
她有点过于紧张了
She's a little stressed out.
她听得到你哦
She can hear you.
我给大家拿点香槟喝吧
Why don't I get us a little more champagne.
好主意 你也来点 Karen
Good idea. Why don't you get some, too, Karen ?
它会稍微给你提提神
It'll perk you up a little.
剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表