剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表
真不敢相信你竟然同意这次采访
I can't believe you agreed to do this interview.
为什么不同意 这是个新杂♥志♥节目
Why not ? It's a new magazine show.
他们想做一次关于市长幕后工作者的专访 也就是我
They want to do a piece on the man behind the Mayor. That's me.
又不是新闻杂♥志♥ Mike
It's not journalism, Mike.
我愿意观看
Well, I'd watch it.
你觉得这条怎么样?
What do you think of this?
有点生怕别人不知道你时髦的感觉
Too "Aren't I dashing ?"
好吧
Ok.
你能跟我解释下为什么你会上新闻吗?
Will you just explain to me why you are news?
我要上新闻是因为
I am news because
我工作做得好 一些像你这样的人
I'm so good at my job that people like you,
本来要报道一些新闻的
who are supposed to report the news,
但是又没什么新闻可报道
have no real news to report.
这条怎么样?
How about this one?
太深思熟虑了
Too thought out.
有点生怕别人不知道你家有更时髦的领带的感觉
Too "I left my more dashing tie in the closet."
这样啊
Wow.
绝对不是针对你 我只是觉得这报道太傻了
Nothing personal. I just think it's a silly story.
让我给你细细说来 小姐
Let me tell you something, missy.
在纽约城的历史上 只有一位市长的
In the history of New York city, there's been one Mayor
支持率比这一位高 就是Louis Bundt
whose approval ratings were higher. Louis Bundt.
那时候还是1622年
It was 1622.
人口只有七万五 那时正好是感恩节
The population was 75. It was thanksgiving,
而且他又有一个火鸡场
and he owned a turkey farm.
你会算数对吧
I believe you can do the math.
你不觉得自己有点自大吗?
Aren't you being a little cocky?
我只是站在权力的最高峰上而已
I'm just at the top of my game.
我只是 我 我 我没有犯过什么错误
I'm just... I, I... I'm making no mistakes.
我一看到问题就解决了
I see a problem, I solve it.
这条呢?
How about this?
这条领带是你前女友给你的
Your old girlfriend gave you that tie.
问题解决了
Problem solved.
太简单了
It's so easy!
摄制组来了吗?
camera crew here yet?
他们在你办公室安置好了
Yeah, they're in your office setting up.
你的领带呢?
What happened to your tie?
我不带算打领带了
Thought I'd go without one.
你不喜欢吗?
You don't like it?
有点生怕别人不知道
It's too "Look at me,
你是唯一一个帅到不用打领带的人的感觉
I'm the only guy cool enough not to wear a tie."
市长今晚的演讲
Mayor's speech for tonight,
市理事会的会议记录 还有Paul
minutes of the city council meeting, and Paul.
Paul
Paul.
早上好 Michael
Good morning, Michael !
我不确定你是不是记得我 所以我还是介绍一下自己
I'm not sure you remember me, so I thought I'd introduce myself.
Paul Lassiter 市长的媒体秘书
Paul Lassiter, I'm the Mayor's press secretary.
是你聘用的我 如果这能帮你想起我的话
You hired me, if that helps.
你很不爽我请了拍摄组的人过来
You're upset because I invited the camera crew in,
是这样吗?
is that it?
我的小九九被你发现了
Ah, my little game exposed.
你完全看穿我了 不是吗?
You see right through me, don't you?
听着 Mike 我不相信那些人
Look, Mike, I don't trust these people.
他们为什么想采访你呢?
Why do they want to interview you?
那是因为我很优秀
Because I'm that good.
为什么大家都不明白呢? -好吧
Why doesn't anybody get this?- All right
好吧 至少答应我这个条件
O.K., look. At least promise me this.
你会把她锁到你房♥间里 给她一小时的时间采访你
You'll lock her in your room. Give her one hour of your time,
要是遇到任何问题 尽管告诉哥
and you run into any problems, you just call in big daddy.
Paul 不管你怎么说
Paul, no matter how hard you try,
也不会有人叫你"哥"
no one's ever gonna call you "Big daddy."
你怎么知道没有
You don't know that.
拜托你 回到你的办公室 深呼吸
Do me a favor. Go into your office, take a deep breath.
吃块水果 喝碗燕麦麸
Have a piece of fruit, a bowl of oat bran,
随便吃点什么 然后放轻松 好吗?
whatever the hell it is you eat, and relax, all right?
好吧 她只能和你谈话 好吗?
All right. She talks only to you. Ok?
至少答应我这个吧 拜托
At least give me that, please.
她又不只是想听我说
She's not going to hear from just me.
她想听听其他人口中的我
She's gonna want to know what everybody thinks...
是什么样
about me.
我是办公室的二把手
I'm the number 2 man in the office.
我应该是一把手的 但是他们选了Mike
I should be number one, but they gave it to Mike.
我觉得是因为他的发质更好
I think it's because he has better hair.
Mike给我这份工作的时候我真的很激动
I was really excited when Mike offered me this job.
我数学一直很好
You know.I was always really good at math,
但我不想最终找一份无聊的工作
but I didn't want to end up in some boring job,
比如说会计或者记账员
like an accountant or a bookkeeper.
那你现在干什么?
So, what do you do?
基本上是会计和记账
Mostly accounting and bookkeeping.
我真的 很爱数字
I really... I love numbers.
数字很有意义
You know, numbers make sense.
它们不会撒谎 它们不会误导你
They don't lie. They don't lead you the wrong way.
它们不会告诉你它们会过来吃晚餐
They don't tell you they'll come over for dinner
结果又放你鸽子
and then they don't show up,
所以你变得很郁闷 出去喝一杯咖啡
so you get depressed, you go out for a cup of coffee,
然后你又看到他们和另一个女人在街上走着
then you see them walking down the street with another woman,
谈笑风生 很开心
smiling, happy.
抱歉 我们说的是什么来着?
I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
你不想回答我的任何问题吗?
You don't want to answer any of my questions?
我没什么好说的
I have nothing to say.
在我帮市长策划了一个活动后
Well, after I ran the Mayor's campaign for him,
他给了我一个副市长的名义
he brought me aboard as deputy Mayor.
这是份有重的责任
It's a big responsibility,
但是我只是尽我所 能
but I'm just doing the best I... can.
你准备好开始了吗?
Are you ready to begin?
噢 那个采访啊
Oh, the interview.
噢 我
Oh, I...
呃
hey, uh...
我忘得一干二净了
I completely forgot.
我们临时准备一下吧
We'll just wing it.
我们来看看 呃
Well, let's see. Um...
你是怎么从市政厅开始起步的?
how did you get your start at city hall?
在我帮市长策划了一个活动后
Well, after I ran the Mayor's campaign for him,
他给了我一个副市长的名义
he brought me aboard as deputy Mayor.
这是份很重的责任 但是我
It's a big responsibility, but I'm...
而我只是尽我所能
and I'm just doing the best I can.
那你们现在肯定是高高在上了
Well, you guys are sure riding high right now.
如果我们想要达到更高的高度 我们还需要
"If we get any higher, we're gonna need
从清理当地机场开始 向她使眼色并微笑
clearance from our local airports. Wink at her and laugh."
哦 抱歉 我只想放一下
Oh, I'm sorry. I just wanted to drop off...
Karen 快请进
Karen, please, come in.
我们只是在做个小采访
We're just doing a little interview here.
这是Karen Palmieri 我聘请的一名实习生
This is Karen Palmieri, one of the interns I've hired. I...
我觉得多跟年轻人的
think it's important to keep in touch
交流想法和感觉很重要
with what young people are thinking and feeling.
那么 Karen 现在的年轻人都想些什么呢?
So, Karen, what is on the mind of young America?
我不知道啊
I don't know.
好了 亲爱的 我们要做小采访了
Ok, honey, we're just doing a little interview.
木有问题 - 哦
Okey-dokey. - Oh...
"木有问题"
"Okey-dokey."
抱歉 我们说到哪儿了?
Uh, I'm sorry. Where were we?
你介意我问一些私人问题吗?
Do you mind if I ask you some personal stuff?
不介意 问吧
No, go. Go ahead. Shoot.
你是个本地人
You're a local boy.
没错 土生土长的
That's right.Born and bred,
毕业于史蒂文森中学 福特汉姆大学
Stuyvesant high school, Fordham university.
城市就是你的家
City's in your blood.
没别的城市能比了 大香蕉
No city like it, the big banana.
苹果
Apple.
打扰一分钟 事情很重要
I need a minute. It's important.
我们暂时回避一下吧
Oh, we'll step out.
剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表