剧集 | 莎拉共和国(2020) | 导航列表
喂 你不能这么跟她说话
Hey, come on, you don't have to talk to us like that.
我根本不用跟你说话
I don't have to talk to you at all.
莱登
我们得阻止这些混♥蛋♥
We have to stop these bastards.
我说的不是跟挖掘机试胆
And I'm not talking about playing chicken with bulldozers.
我们需要找方法把莱登永远赶出这里
We need to figure out a way to send Lydon packing for good.
算了吧 莎拉
Forget it, Sarah.
他们是身价亿万美金的大企业 而我们...
They're a billion-dollar corporation and we're...
不是
Not.
他们的气泡水预算
Their sparkling wather budget
大概都比我们的地方GDP高
probably bigger than our municipal GDP.
-我们斗不过他们 -别这样 各位
- We can't beat them. - Come on, you guys.
我们不能坐以待毙 让他们把我们碾平
We can't just sit here and let them flatten us.
我们得反击
We have to fight back.
他们真是尽心尽力
Pretty devoted group to stay up
熬了一宿跟你一起想办法
all night working on this with you.
"有人转向牧师 有人转向诗歌♥
"Some go to priests, others to poetry;
而我转向朋友"
I to my friends."
贾斯汀·比伯的歌♥吗
Justin Bieber?
弗吉尼亚·伍尔夫
Virginia Woolf.
新特色产品
New special.
中间是美式咖啡
Americano in the middle,
上面是加拿大枫糖浆
served with Canadian Maple Syrup above
下面是墨西哥油条
and a Mexican churro below.
我叫它"北美自♥由♥贸易协定"
I call it "The NAFTA."
这些是什么
What are these?
肉桂糖 代表这些国家的国界
Cinnamon sugar for the borders between the countries.
你可以洒进咖啡
You can sprinkle some into your coffee
或用油条蘸糖 多点甜味
or dip the churro into it for extra sweets.
你觉得如何
What do you think?
我觉得你是个天才
I think you're a genius.
等等 我怎么就是天才了
Wait, why am I a genius?
边界纠纷
Border disputes!
各位 我知道该怎么阻止他们了
You guys, I know how we can stop this.
我大学时上过早期美国地图学
I took a class in college on early American cartography.
路易斯让我想起我们学过的一件怪事
Luis reminded me of a weird thing we studied
我觉得这能帮到我们
that I think can help us.
只要我们属于新罕布♥什♥尔州
As long as we belong to New Hampshire,
新罕布♥什♥尔州制定规矩 但是
New Hampshire makes the rules, but...
如果我们不属于新罕布♥什♥尔州呢
what if we didn't belong to New Hampshire?
你是说我们退出工会吗
Are you suggesting we secede from the Union?
想要退出工会
You have to be a part of the Union
必须先是工会的一部分
before you can secede from it.
我们不符合
We don't qualify.
最先居住在这片土地的人是阿本拿基族
The first people who lived on this land were the Abenaki.
几百年来他们有自己兴盛的文化
For hundreds of years they had a thriving civilization
直到一群英法殖民者闯入
until a bunch of French and English colonists showed up
加拿大
扫荡 掠夺 偷窃 把他们赶出了自己的家园
and pillaged, plundered, and poached them from their homes.
那些殖民者后来瓜分了一片
Those colonists then went on to divide up a continent
原本就不属于他们的土地
that was never theirs to begin with.
长话短说 从此就有了美国和加拿大
Long story short: we have the U.S. and we have Canada.
美国和加拿大的边界于1842年划定
The border between the U.S. and Canada was established in 1842
通过《韦伯斯特-阿什伯顿条约》
by the Webster- Ashburton Treaty.
部分边界是由伍索克河分割
Part of that border is set by the Woonsock River,
也就是我们镇南边径流的河
which flows along the southern edge of town.
但看这个
But check it out.
加拿大
当加拿大人于1842年1月划定边界时
When the Canadians mapped the area in January of 1842,
他们把河划在了这里
they drew the river in one place.
然后美国人四个月后划定边界时
When the Americans mapped it four months later,
他们把河往南移♥动♥了很多
they drew the river way further south.
为什么 因为河流
Why? Because the river jumped
在画地图的两个日期间改道了
between the dates that the maps were drawn.
引起这种情况的原因有很多 河流侵蚀 洪水
It happens for all kinds of reasons-- erosion, floods--
很常见
it's pretty common.
但罕见的是
Here's the uncommon part.
条约说伍索克河以北的一切
The treaty says that everything north of the Woonsock
加拿大
属于加拿大
is Canada.
而以南的一切
And everything south...
属于美国
...is America.
河流改道在两次划分界限间
The river jumping left a huge chunk
留下了一大♥片♥土地
of open land in the middle.
格雷洛克就在这片土地上
Greylock sits in this land.
这意味着这个小镇从未在法律上
Which means that this town was never legally claimed
正式纳入任何一个邻国
by either of its national neighbors.
如果我们宣布独♥立♥
If we declare independence,
就能获得在我们边境内发生一切的自主♥权♥
we'd gain total control over what happens within our borders,
包括谁能来这片土地上打钻
including who does and does not get to drill on this land.
拯救我们小镇的方法 是让其变成国家
The way to save our town is to turn it into a country.
你疯了吗
Are you insane?
我跟大家一样想阻止他们打钻
I-I want to stop the drilling as much as the next person,
-但宣布独♥立♥... -疯了
- but declaring independence-- it's... - Insane.
好吧 各位 冷静
Okay, guys, chill.
我不是说我们真的建立新国家
I'm not suggesting we actually start a new country.
我们只需要让莱登这么认为
We just got to make Lydon think we are.
我们用地图的漏洞宣布独♥立♥
We declare independence using this map loophole,
然后这件事会被闹上法庭
and the whole thing will get tangled up in court.
莱登不得不停止打钻
Lydon will have to stop drilling,
这给我们时间想办法
which will give us time to figure out
一劳永逸拯救格雷洛克
how to save Greylock for good.
假设我们同意这么做
Let's say we go along with this.
我们要怎么宣布独♥立♥
How exactly do we declare independence?
我们发个信息给总统"老兄 告辞"
We just text the president, "Boy, bye"?
我们举♥行♥投票
We hold a vote.
如果格雷洛克多数居民同意 我们就能行
If the majority of Greylock says yes, we're in.
莱登开始准备征用土地时
Lydon started eminent domain proceedings
这个镇上所有人都不知道
way before anyone in this town even knew
我们脚下有钶钽铁矿
there was coltan under our feet.
如果他们想玩阴的 那行
If they want to play dirty, fine.
我们也可以
So can we.
独♥立♥法案 格雷洛克
我们得制止这个 今天早些时候
We need to put a stop to this. Now, earlier today,
莎拉让她母亲让地区法官帮忙
Sarah had her mother call in a favor with the district judge.
他签署了一项紧急公♥投♥
He signed off on an emergency referendum
关于小镇独♥立♥
on independence.
这意味着现在我们
Which means that the only way
能阻止这个可笑主意的唯一方法
that we can stop this ridiculous idea now
就是赢得公♥投♥
is to win the vote.
这显然只是先让我们放缓脚步的策略
This is clearly some kind of tactic just to slow us down.
无论是什么 都很危险
Whatever it is, it's dangerous.
而且 我知道我不是镇上唯一一个
Besides, I know I'm not the only person in town
看到莱登项目有好处的人
who sees some benefit from Lydon's plans.
我们只需要说服大家
What we need to do is to convince people
在莎拉的独♥立♥公♥投♥上投反对票
to vote against Sarah's plan for independence.
莎拉和她的伙伴已经开始挨家挨户敲门了
Now, Sarah and her pals are already knocking on doors.
我们也该这么做
It is time that we do the same.
没错
That's right.
投票
夺回格雷洛克自主♥权♥ 别让莱登工业抢走我们的土地
格雷洛克 为独♥立♥投票
投反对 不留下
投反对 不留下
玛雅
Maya!
库珀球场
主场2 客场0
加油 玛雅
Go, Maya!
棒
Yes, yes!
加油 玛雅
Go, Maya!
今早怎么样
So, how'd it go this morning?
不错
Uh, good.
科琳和我在镇上贴满了独♥立♥告示
Corinne and I put up independence posters all over town,
我们大概敲了一百多户人家的门
and we must have knocked on a hundred doors.
我不得不说
I got to say,
大家显得很兴奋
people actually seem excited.
剧集 | 莎拉共和国(2020) | 导航列表