剧集 | 浴血黑帮 | 导航列表
We lost money in New York, so I've been up late.
你哥哥也很忙吗
Your brother been busy?
他和沙普尔吉·萨克拉特瓦拉见了两次
He's had two meetings with Mr Shapurji Saklatvala,
前巴特西区的共♥产♥党♥国♥会议员
the former Communist MP for Battersea.
一个瓦尔萨尔的无政♥府♥主义组织联♥系♥了他
He's been approached by an anarchist group in Walsall -
他在安排会面
he's setting up a meeting -
还有公车司机大规模罢♥工♥的流言
and there's talk of a mass walk-out of bus drivers,
在诺丁汉和德比 由两个政♥治♥保安处
Nottingham and Derby, organised by two Communist convenors
不熟悉的共♥产♥党员负责人组织
not formerly known to Special Branch.
他还和杰茜·伊顿通过电♥话♥
He's also had a telephone conversation with Jessie Eden,
她正在为全市
who is organising a committee
抵♥制♥减薪组成委员会
to resist wage cuts across the city.
但他们见面后他会有更多信息
But he'll report more when he sees her.
都在那里了
It's all in there, though.
姓名什么的
Names and everything.
我听说今天他在议院
I heard he had the Labour benches
获得了工党成员的欢呼拥护
roaring approval in the House today.
如果他是认真的 那就危险了
If only he meant it, he'd be dangerous.
我不知道你还喝黑啤 艾达 以为是金酒
Didn't know you drank stout, Ada. Thought it was gin.
时世艰难
Times are hard.
你到底损失了多少
Exactly how much did you lose?
别担心了 汤米有计划
Don't worry about it. Tommy has a plan.
他认为我们可以将股票交易损失
He thinks that we can turn the collapse
变为我们的优势
of the stock exchange to our advantage.
他说"别人撤退时 你就该前进"
He says, "When others retreat, you advance."
他说"我们可以在绝望的人面前摆弄金钱"
He says, "We can wave cash in the faces of desperate men."
替我转告你哥哥 他干得很棒
Tell your brother from me, he's doing excellent work.
有人告诉我又有两份为印度军队
I'm told two more military contracts for vehicles
制♥造♥车辆和零件的合约要找上他
and parts for the Army in India are on their way to him.
该死
Fuck.
进来
Come.
谢尔比先生 这是从纽约寄来的信
Mr Shelby, this arrived from New York.
温斯顿·丘吉尔写的
It's from Winston Churchill.
他说他在纽约时
He says he was in New York
和查理·卓别林共进了晚餐
and had dinner with Charlie Chaplin,
卓别林跟他提起你
and Chaplin mentioned your name.
这么说他之前在纽约 却对崩♥盘♥的事只字不提
So he was in New York and he doesn't mention the crash.
没错 不过昨晚在酒吧
No. Even though, in the bar last night,
丘吉尔先生的私人秘书估计
Mr Churchill's private secretary reckoned
他在两小时内损失了七万五千英镑
he lost £75,000 in two hours.
你呢
And you?
你受影响了吗 谢尔比先生
Were you affected, Mr Shelby?
我要回公♥寓♥ 亚当
I'm going to my apartment, Adam.
你锁门吧
You lock up.
抱歉 谢尔比先生 你还有个约
Sorry, Mr Shelby, you... you have one more appointment.
你亲自定下的 写在上周的日志里
You set it yourself. It's in the diary from last week.
《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》的一位记者
A journalist from the Times.
他以前在《伯明翰邮报》工作
He used to be with the Birmingham Mail.
他给你寄过一些问题
He sent you some questions.
你就说你想见他
You said you wanted to meet him.
他现在在外面
He's outside.
对
Yes.
叫他进来
Send him in.
谢尔比先生 我是《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》的莱维特先生
Mr Shelby? Mr Levitt from the London Times.
请坐
Have a seat.
亚当 你回家吧 我会锁门
Adam, you go home, I'll lock up.
谢尔比先生 你记得我吗
Mr Shelby, do you remember me?
不记得
No.
你曾在小希斯
Once, in Small Heath, you were
烧过国王的照片
burning photographs of the King.
《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》 你混得不错啊
London Times. You've done well.
你也是 先生 这还是说轻了
As have you, sir, to put it mildly.
我寄过一组问题给你
I sent you a list of questions.
对 我不知道放哪儿了
Yeah, I misplaced them.
-好吧 你有很多事要处理 -是的
- Yeah, well, you have a lot on your plate. - Yes.
我只记得你的问题引起了我的兴趣
All I remember is that your questions interested me.
很好
Good.
抱歉 等我...
Sorry, just...
有了
Ah, here we are.
好
Yes, um...
谢尔比先生 传统上 在这个国家
So, Mr Shelby, traditionally in this country,
报刊记者对...
print journalists take no interest in the, er,
政客的私生活并没有兴趣
the private lives of politicians.
私生活
Private lives?
但在当今社会 特别是在美国
But in these modern times, especially in America...
记者开始对...
...journalists are beginning to...
不 应该说
Well, that is to say, yes, um...
读者开始说...
Readers are beginning to say...
...想更了解代表他们的人
...Want to know more about the men who represent them.
当然了
Of course.
在当今社会
In these modern times.
然而以前 询问公众人物关于其隐私
Whereas before it would have been seen as ungentlemanly to, er,
或生意的问题
to ask a public figure questions about personal matters
-会被视为不绅士的举动 -别担心
- or business affairs... - Oh, well. No need to worry.
我可不是绅士
I'm no gentleman.
谢尔比先生 我在信中说过了
Er, Mr Shelby, as I said in my letter,
十年前我是《伯明翰晚间邮报》的记者
ten years ago I was a journalist on the Birmingham Evening Mail.
当然了 在那个城市里工作
And of course, working in that city,
绝对不可能不知道你的大名
it was impossible not to know your name...
和你的名声
...And your reputation.
所以当我看到你被选为社会党党员...
So, when I saw that you had been elected as a socialist...
你就对这一事实进行反思
You reflected on the fact that working people
劳动人♥民♥的确能改善自己的生活
can indeed change their lives for the better...
将他们的能力运用到新方向
...channel their abilities in new directions,
找到更好的方式
discover better methods,
致力于更快乐的结果
aim for happier outcomes,
甚至获得行业奖项
even win awards for industry.
你可以写下这些 莱维特先生
You can write this down, Mr Levitt.
谢尔比先生 我要问你的问题是这个
The question I have for you, Mr Shelby, is this.
你从赌马经纪变成社会党政客
Was your conversion from bookmaker
这一转变是逐步发生的 还是...
to socialist politician a gradual thing or...
突如其来的
...A road to Damascus experience?
对
Yeah.
现在听到了你的问题
Now I hear that question...
我就想起收到过你那些信
...I remember receiving your letters
我清楚记得你使用了"赌马经纪"这个词
and I distinctly remember your use of the word "Bookmaker".
-你那时不是赌马经纪吗 先生 -我是
- Were you not a bookmaker, sir? - Yes.
我在1919年得到了场内赌马的执照
I gained a licence in 1919 for on-track betting.
不过从1923年开始 我都是靠
But, since 1923, I've made my fortune
制♥造♥ 销♥售♥和出口汽车来赚钱
in the manufacture, sale and export of motor cars.
最近还靠金酒
And lately gin.
最近还为孤儿修建了三所新养育院
And lately three new homes for orphaned children.
你可以把这些都写下来 莱维特先生
You can write all this down, Mr Levitt.
我还有个问题 谢尔比先生
I have another question, Mr Shelby.
我在伯明翰的时候
In Birmingham, at the time that I was there,
那里有位坎贝尔军士长
there was a Major Campbell.
他被发现死了
He was found dead.
你的一位家族成员被控告
A member of your family was charged.
好吧 你回我这个问题 回答我
Right, you answer me this. Answer me this.
你的保守党报纸更害怕哪个
What is your Tory newspaper more afraid of?
演变还是革命
Is it evolution or revolution?
像我这样的工人阶级
And what is it about working-class men like me,
在下议院站起来
standing up in the House of Commons
发自内心地发言
and speaking from the heart,
那为何令你如此烦恼
what is it that so troubles you
不惜暗中破坏我的名誉
that you would try to undermine me?
我说的是具体事件 先生
I am talking about specific events, sir.
我不记得了
Which I don't recall...
我和这些事件也从没有过任何联♥系♥
...with which I was never personally linked,
而且事后所有定罪都撤销了
and after which all convictions were quashed.
没错
剧集 | 浴血黑帮 | 导航列表