剧集 | 情妇(2013) | 导航列表
I finished your book,
我把你的书读完了
and you could totally do that.
你完全可以那么做
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.
抱歉 我忍♥不住
It was, uh... It was a page turner --
这本书 真是引人入胜
a hot page turner.
火♥辣♥辣地引人入胜
I'm happy you enjoyed it,
我很高兴你喜欢这本书
but I'm starting to wonder
但我禁不住去想
if publishing it was a mistake.
出版这本书是不是个错误
I care about being taken seriously in my field
我在意的是在我的领域里被看重
as an academic and a therapist,
被看作一位学者和治疗师
not a public expert on all things sexual.
而不是解答所有性问题的公众专家
Well, why do you have to be one or the other?
为什么你只能是其中之一呢
You're both, Dr. Karen Kim.
你两者都是 凯伦·金医生
Why not just own it?
不如就接受好了
Are you sure I can't get you some, uh, tea?
你真不喝点茶吗
Oh, I think it's best if I get to it.
我觉得最好还是直说吧
Better for everyone. Okay.
对大家都好 好
April, it's good.
艾普莉 你的画很好
I am so happy you think so.
我很高兴你能这么想
But it's not great.
但不算佳作
You know, one thing I've really learned
自从我加入董事会
since being on this board,
我就深刻明白一点
it's always best to be honest, even brutally so.
坦诚相告总是最好的 哪怕这样很残忍♥
Brutally, huh?
残忍♥
Your work just isn't at the level
你的作品没有达到
required to get into this program.
这个项目所要求的水平
Now, listen. Now, don't get me wrong.
听我说 别误会
April, you can paint.
艾普莉 你会作画
But...
但是
You just don't seem to have "It."
但你似乎缺乏灵感
I could recommend you, but you won't get in.
我可以推荐你 但你加入不了
You're that sure, huh?
你那么确定吗
I'd feel like I'd be encouraging you
不然我会觉得自己在鼓励你
to uproot your life in a way that won't benefit it.
以一种毫无益处的方式放弃现有生活
Look, you have a beautiful store and a lovely family.
你开着一家漂亮的店 有个可爱的家庭
Your life seems really good.
你的生活看起来相当好
Allow painting to be something that you enjoy recreationally.
就让绘画成为你休闲时的爱好吧
But good luck with everything.
但还是祝你好运
Thanks.
谢谢
You sure you don't want to talk about it?
你确定不想聊聊吗
If I talk about it, I'll get teary.
如果聊了 我就会哭
If I get teary, I'll ruin my make-up, so...
我哭了 妆就会花 所以...
Yeah. I'm sure.
我确定
Understated enough?
够朴素了吗
It's beautiful.
很漂亮
Understated, classy --
朴素 典雅
just a backyard bash for two people
不过就是为两个互不说话的人
who aren't speaking to each other.
在后院准备的盛会而已
So you still haven't made up with Harry? Nope.
所以你还没和哈利和好 没有
Kate? Not so much.
凯特呢 没什么进展
What about Harry and Kate?
那哈利和凯特呢
Uh, not speaking.
不说话
How is the night gonna work if no one's speaking to anyone?
如果没人说话 今晚要怎么办
And if we still can't say "Engaged."
而且我们还不能说"订婚了"
Alcohol may help.
也许喝点酒就行了
You know what? I could use one, too.
我也需要喝一杯
Great news.
好消息
I got into the band.
我进乐队了
That's great, Marc.
太棒了 马克
And here I was thinking Ii was just an amateur
我之前以为自己只是个业余乐手
who couldn't keep up,
玩不出什么名堂
and they kept talking about my skill level
结果他们不停地说我的技能水平
and everything that I bring to the group.
和我为乐队带来的一切
Isn't that amazing? Amazing.
多神奇啊 神奇
Aren't you gonna ask how my meeting went?
你不问问我 我的会面怎么样了吗
Oh, no. I'm sorry. I totally forgot.
对不起 我完全忘了
Well, don't worry,
别担心
because it went terribly is how it went.
因为很糟糕
Oh, come on. I'm sure you're exaggerating.
得了吧 我知道你在夸张
Start from the beginning.
从开头说起
Well, the beginning is that I only had two days to do it,
开头就是我只有两天时间完成作品
and what was I thinking that that would be enough time.
我还以为时间够 真不知我是怎么想的
And then when I finally got into a groove,
然后我终于进入状态的时候
I had to come and replace you in the store.
我又要去店里顶你的空缺
Wait, are you saying this is my fault? No.
等等 你是说这是我的错 不
I mean, I'm not saying it's not your fault.
我没说这不是你的错
She did mention that it looked rushed.
她确实说那画看起来很匆忙
So maybe if my thing had mattered as much as your thing,
如果能把我的事看得和你的一样重要
this would have turned out differently.
也许结果就不同了
That's what I'm saying.
我就是这个意思
I need a refill.
我要再续一杯
So, how's the search going?
找得怎么样了
Find the right guy?
找到合适的人了吗
No.
没有
But I actually needed to apologize to you.
但我真的要跟你道个歉
I shouldn't have brushed off your advice earlier.
我之前不该不理会你的建议
You were just trying to help.
你只是想帮忙
Please, you don't have to apologize.
没事 你不必道歉
Joss means well,
乔斯本意是好的
but sometimes she can choose the wrong approach.
但有时会选错方法
True.
对
But she did give me your book,
但她把你的书给我了
which I read very quickly.
我很快就看完了
Oh, God.
天啊
This book is gonna be the end of me.
这书会让我完蛋的
That part about the hotel
酒店那部分
makes what I'm doing look so innocent.
让我正在做的事显得很幼稚
Well, I wouldn't go that far.
我可不会这么说
The point is, I think the book is great.
关键是 我觉得这本书很棒
You've lived quite a life.
你的生活相当精彩
With you being open and honest about your mistakes
你打开心扉 坦诚面对自己的错误
helped me take a step back
这让我后退一步
and realize what I need to let go of.
意识到自己应该放下什么
And what I need to hold on to.
和应该抓住什么
I'm glad to hear that my story actually helped someone.
很高兴听到我的故事真的帮到一个人了
Reading you book was like therapy for me...
读你的书就像在做心理治疗
...but cheaper.
但更便宜
I should go talk to Joss.
我该去跟乔斯聊聊了
I hope you're not hiding in here because of me.
我希望你不是因为我而躲在这里
Because I-I was drunk last night.
因为我昨晚喝醉了
Like, pbht, super drunk.
简直是烂醉
I noticed.
我发现了
I was so over the line with everything
我说你和哈利的那些话
that I said about you and Harry.
实在太过分了
It was really all my stuff, you know.
那都是我的问题 你知道的
Well, let's just say that apparently you weren't over the line,
应该说 你说的显然并不过分
because everyone thinks it's weird,
因为所有人都觉得这很奇怪
and now I think it's weird,
现在我也觉得奇怪了
and now this party feels like a funeral.
这个聚会感觉就像葬礼一样
Why don't I get that.
我去吧
Interesting.
有趣
I wouldn't have paired the blue cheese with the tuna myself.
我是不会把蓝纹奶酪和金枪鱼配在一起的
But, hey, everyone's got to make their own judgement calls, right?
但大家都得凭自己的判断做决定 是吧
Come on. Let's get you another cocktail.
来吧 我们再来一杯鸡尾酒
Sure.
好的
So how did your meeting with Mr. Moneybags go?
你和大金主的会面怎么样
Fine.
不错
He showed up, made some suggestions about the bistro,
他来给我的酒吧提了些建议
and then took off.
然后就走了
Haven't heard from the guy since.
之后就没他的消息了
剧集 | 情妇(2013) | 导航列表