剧集 | 现代弥赛亚(2020) | 导航列表
Mr. President.
总统先生
This will be a confidential conversation.
这次谈话将会对外保密
I'm sure you understand.
你肯定能理解
You think it would reflect badly on you to meet with me.
你觉得跟我见面会有损你的形象
But still, you're meeting with me.
但你还是跟我见面了
You don't seem at all surprised.
这一切似乎
By any of this. You are why I came to Washington.
都没让你觉得意外 我来华盛顿是为了你
So you knew we were gonna come take you in the night?
所以你知道我们会趁夜带走你吗
We would always find this moment, one way or the other.
无论如何我们都会见面
This is our destiny.
这是我们的宿命
Is it?
是吗
Why?
为什么
We are sitting here, aren't we?
我们的确坐在了这里 对吧
What is it you want?
你想要什么
Your consideration.
请你考虑一件事
Well, I'm sitting here, aren't I?
我就坐在这儿呢 有话直说吧
You were once a warrior.
你曾是一名战士
You have seen the pain of war.
你见识过战争的痛苦
Up close.
近距离见过
And you know the cycle of history.
你也知道历史的轮回
Blood brings blood, on and on...
血会生出血 周而复始...
for generations, until it is an ocean.
一代又一代 直到血聚成海
So you've come with a prepared speech, have you?
你早就打好演讲稿了吗
Is that... how this will go?
是会... 这样发展的吗
Tell me why you've come here.
告诉我你为什么来这儿
How far would you go to bring about a thousand years of peace?
为了带来千年的和平 你愿意付出多少努力
I would do anything, but it is impossible.
我什么都愿意做 但这是不可能的
Not only possible but simple.
不只是可能 而且很简单
Withdraw all American troops.
全面撤出美军
From where? Everywhere.
从哪儿撤出 所有地方
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
Bring them all home.
把军人都带回家
Every man, every woman, every person.
每个男人 每个女人 每个人
If you do this, you'll be remembered as the president of peace.
如果你做到了 你将会被铭记为带来和平的总统
This is...
这...
very naive.
太天真了
Our troops abroad...
我们的驻外军队...
for the most part, are a peacekeeping measure.
很大程度上在维护和平
To withdraw them would be disastrous.
撤军会带来灾难
It would only encourage rogue states and marauding groups to strike.
只会激励无赖国家和劫掠集团发动袭击
Where I am from, a hundred years ago...
100年前 在我的家乡...
Europeans drew lines on paper
欧洲人在纸上画线
and called them borders.
称之为国界
America has enforced those lines
美国强制执行了那些界线
and given strength to brutal dictators.
让残酷的独♥裁♥者有了力量
You know that to be true. You can't hold Americans accountable
你知道那是真的 你不能把其他领导人的行为
for the actions of other leaders. M Lai.
怪到美国头上 美莱村惨案
No Gun Ri.
老根里事件
Azizabad.
阿齐扎巴德村空袭
Haditha.
哈迪塞镇屠殺事件
Abu Ghraib.
阿布格莱布监狱虐囚事件
Your forces haven't always kept the peace.
你们的军队并非一直在维护和平
Those are all deeply regrettable and isolated incidents.
那些都是非常令人遗憾的个别事件
Our presence on the world stage has always been a stabilizing influence.
我们始终在帮助稳定世界局势
And always will be, you can't deny that.
以后也会 这是不可否认的
Just one example:
就举一个例子
Russia has been massing forces on their border with Latvia and Estonia.
俄♥罗♥斯♥在拉脱维亚和爱沙尼亚之间集结部队
If we were to evacuate our forces nearby,
如果我们撤走附近的军队
Russia would be emboldened and might invade Eastern Europe.
岂不是给俄♥罗♥斯♥壮胆 甚至可能任其入侵东欧
You don't know that would happen. I've got a pretty good idea.
你不确定那会发生 十有八♥九♥会发生
History tells me. There is no more history.
以史为鉴 历史不再存在了
History has ended.
历史已经结束了
There is only now.
只有当下
I don't think you understand...
我觉得你不明白...
what you're asking.
你在要求什么
I understand perfectly well.
我当然明白
Well, then, if that's true, I question your motives.
那如果是真的 我很质疑你的动机
I only have one master.
我只有一个主人
We know a lot more about you than you think we do.
我们对你的了解程度超乎你的想象
Whatever you know, it doesn't change a thing.
不管你们知道什么 你们也改变不了任何东西
The world is about to begin again
世界将会重新开始
and you need to do your part.
你需要尽你的责任
I can't see how what you're asking would help.
我不明白你的要求会带来什么益处
You cannot see what is to come, you have to act on faith.
你无法预见未来 你必须依照信仰行事
If you don't...
如果你不这么做...
a heavy price will be paid.
你就要付出巨大的代价
Is that supposed to be some sort of threat?
那算是威胁吗
A warning.
一个警告
Ah, this is nonsense.
真是鬼话连篇
Let me ask you this.
我来问你一个问题
Do you call yourself a Latter-day Saint?
你自认为是后期圣徒吗
I do.
是的
Do you believe in God?
你相信上帝吗
Yes, I do.
我信
So these are the latter days?
现在算是后期时代吗
They are.
算
Do you believe God would go silent?
你相信上帝会沉默吗
That he would abandon you?
他会抛弃你吗
Or do you believe he still speaks to humanity?
或是相信他依旧跟人类说话
I believe he still speaks.
我相信他依旧会跟人类说话
He's speaking to you now.
他现在就在跟你说话
So, Golshiri is a trained magician?
看来哥什里是受过训练的魔术师
The brother also claimed that he was involuntarily committed
他的哥哥还声称 他曾在非自愿的情况下
at the Tehran Psychiatric Hospital.
被送进了德黑兰精神病院
What for?
什么病
I have an agent looking into it.
我有个探员正在查
That's just the kind of stuff Collier's looking for.
科利尔就是在找这种资料
Let's just keep it in house for now, though.
但我们现在先保密
Thank you. Where are you now?
谢谢 你现在在哪儿
Digging a little deeper.
准备挖得更深
I don't see the connection.
我觉得没有任何关联
He was only a student here for one semester.
他只在这儿学习了一个学期
I don't see anything with Wallace. No, uh... courses. No... social clubs.
看不出他跟华♥莱♥士♥有任何关系 没有课程 没有社交俱乐部
No study groups.
没有学习小组
Nothing.
什么都没有
You're sure?
你确定吗
It's a wholly unremarkable record.
这就是一份很普通的记录
Two intro survey courses, one seminar on international relations.
两门入门概况课程 一门国际关系研讨班
Reasonable grades.
分数也很合理
There's no other documentation on Golshiri?
没有其他关于哥什里的文件了吗
Well, he was in an advanced seminar,
他上的是进阶研讨班
which requires a final term paper.
学期末要交一份论文
40 pages minimum. We...
至少要写40页 我们...
We, uh...
我们...
have them bound to keep them all in the library.
把论文装订起来存在了图书馆里
So you'd have a copy of Golshiri's paper.
你们有哥什里的论文
Presumably.
应该有
I'd like to see that.
我想看看
Now, please.
现在就要 麻烦了
"Transformational Politics - A New Era," Payam Golshiri.
"转型政♥治♥: 新时代" 帕亚姆·哥什里
Golshiri, let's see.
哥什里 我们来找找看
Golshiri.
哥什里
It should be...
应该会在...
right...
就在...
It...
这...
... seems to be missing.
... 好像不见了
It probably got moved somewhere.
可能被转到了别的地方
Don't worry, we'll find it.
别担心 我们会找出来的
No, I don't think we're supposed to.
不 我想应该找不到了
Hey. Hey.
嘿 嘿
剧集 | 现代弥赛亚(2020) | 导航列表