剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表
I mean, my daughter died in that fire.
我女儿在那次火灾中丧生了
You didn't know that?
你不知道这事吗
Wait. In-in this file, it says the only victim was a girl
等等 文件中说事件中唯一受害的女孩子
named... Charlotte Spencer.
她名叫夏洛特·斯宾塞
I know. She was born Charlotte Davenport.
我知道 她本名叫夏洛特·达文波特
Spencer's her stepdad's name.
斯宾塞是他继父的姓
Look, honestly...
老实说
...I didn't know Charlotte really at all
我不太清楚夏洛特
the last few years of her life, okay?
后面几年的生活
I mean, my split with her mom messed her up pretty good.
我和她母亲离异彻底毁了她的生活
She ran away from home when she was 15.
她15岁时离家出走
Lived on the streets till the day she died.
在遇难之前她一直住在那条街上
The night of that fire,
在那晚的大火中
I-I... I...
我 我 我
I didn't even realize it was her.
我没能认出她
I mean, I saw the body.
我见到了那具尸体
I just assumed it was some vagrant.
以为只是某个流浪者
Some street kid, you know?
某个无家可归的孩子
Anyway, um...
不管怎么说
...if you're here today 'cause you have
如果你今天到这来是因为
some new information about Charlotte...
你有什么关于夏洛特的消息的话
I mean, if there's anything...
我是说 如果你知道任何
that you know that might help me,
可以帮助到我的消息
help my wife know what happened,
或者让我妻子知道发生了什么
I guess... I'd be curious to know.
我想 我真的很想知道
Well, we did have some new information, Captain Davenport,
我们确实有一些新消息 达文波特队长
but now that I've looked over the file, I think...
但现在我看完了这个档案 我想
I'm pretty sure it's bad information.
我很确定那是坏消息
I-I'm pretty sure that
我 我很确定
we don't have anything important to tell you.
我们没有什么重要的信息要告诉你
Okay. I see.
好的 我明白了
I'm very sorry about your daughter.
关于你女儿的事 我很抱歉
Yeah. Appreciate that.
明白 谢谢你
Okay. Okay. Thanks.
好了 谢谢
You used to tell me everything.
你曾和我无话不谈
The mayor calls, offers you his job,
市长打电♥话♥来 想要让你接♥班♥
and I hear about it from Christina?
我从克里斯蒂娜那里听说的
Is this not reason to celebrate?
这难道不需要庆祝吗
Of course it is.
这当然是
Of course it is.
这当然是
So, Christina told you, huh?
那么是克里斯蒂娜告诉你的 对吗
Mm. She heard it from Benito.
她从贝尼托那听说的
I acted like I knew.
我装作我已经知道了
I figured you were in court
我猜你当时在法庭上
and you couldn't use your phone.
所以你不能用手♥机♥
Manuel, what's going on?
曼纽尔 发生了什么
You accepted, didn't you?
你答应了 对吗
Not yet.
还没有
I wanted to think about it,and I wanted to talk with you.
我想好好考虑考虑 还想和你谈谈
And Benito.
还有贝尼托
And Benito, yeah.
对 还有贝尼托
You're not gonna make this easy, are you?
你不想接任这个职位吗
Lily, if I do it...
莉莉 如果我参加竞选
I want to win.
我想赢
You'll win.
你会赢的
Who'd run against you?
谁会和你竞选
Benito, for one.
贝尼托 是一个
That's what you're worried about?
那就是你所担心的吗
Benito?
贝尼托吗
I love him to death,
我很爱他
but he barely kept his seat
但是上次选举他几乎没能保住
on the city council last term.
他在市议会的位子
You don't seriously think
你不会真的认为
he could compete with you in a mayoral election?
他能在市长竞选中和你竞争吧
I'm not really worried about losing to him.
我倒不是担心会败给他
I'm... I'm just worried about what he'd do to win.
我只是担心他会为了赢得选举而不择手段
Lily... think about it.
莉莉 好好想想
Think about everything he knows.
想想他知道的一切
Think about... all the things that you've told Christina
想想你告诉过克里斯蒂娜的所有事
and Christina's told him.
克里斯蒂娜已经告诉他了
Everything you went through after... Arianna died.
在雅利安娜死后 你所经历的任何事
What I went through?
我经历过什么事
My daughter killed herself.
我的女儿自杀了
My doctor gave me some pills.
我的医生给了我一些药片
They worked.
它们起作用了
And you kept on taking them...
你一直在吃它们
even after he stopped prescribing them.
即使医生停止给你开药
And then we realized you had a problem,
然后我们意识到你染上了毒瘾
and you went away and you dealt with it.
你离开了 随后你康复了
And doing that was monumental.
做到那些非常不容易
I know that, you know that,
你知我知
and Christina knows it.
克里斯蒂娜也知道
And I'm pretty damn sure that Benito knows it--
我敢打赌贝尼托也知道
I'm just not sure that he cares.
我只是不确定他会在意
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
He's our friend.
他是我们的朋友
He's your best friend's husband.
他是你最好朋友的丈夫
And what he lacks in character,
他用勃勃野心
he makes up in ruthless ambition.
弥补他性格方面的缺失
And you're right, a race between us would be no race at all,
你是对的 我们之间的竞争不是竞争
so he'd have to distract everyone from his poor record.
所以他必须把人们的视线从他的不良记录上移开
He'd have to run a negative campaign.
他不得不诋毁我
Lily, he's gonna dredge up our daughter's suicide...
莉莉 他会重提我们女儿自杀的事
and he's going to tell everything
他会说出一切
that we went through in the wake of it, I guarantee it.
我们在那之后经历过的事 我敢肯定
Let him.
随他吧
Then take your hands off me.
把你的手拿开
Wh-What are you doing?
你要干吗
Lily, where are you going?
莉莉 你要去哪
I'm gonna try and pour this champagne back into the bottle.
我要试着把这些香槟倒回瓶里
Can you not think so loud?
你能不那么大声的想吗
Sorry. I'll try to keep it down.
抱歉 我已经试着小声点了
Do you know the other night when you said that my dream
你还记得那晚你说的我梦
was... meaningless?
没有意义
The one about the girl and the fireman.
关于一个女孩和一个消防员的梦
We having a conversation?
我们讨论过吧
'Cause as hard as it is falling asleep when you're thinking,
因为当你思考的时候很难入睡
it's next to impossible when you're actually talking to me.
事实上当你想和我说话的时候我几乎不能睡
I know.
我知道
Just, it wasn't really meaningless.
只是那并非真的无意义
"Meaningless" isn't the right word.
"无意义"这个词不恰当
It was kind of reckless.
那是一种粗心大意
Okay, you got it--reckless, it is.
你说对了 就是粗心大意
No, not the dream.
不 不是说梦
The dream isn't reckless.
那个梦不粗心大意
Me. Chasing a dream, trying to make sense of it.
是我 纠结这个梦 想搞清它的意思
I was reckless.
是我粗心大意
In a sense, you were right.
在某种意义上 你是对的
I didn't see the time, I didn't see the place--
我没梦见时间 也没梦见地点
I should've just left it alone.
我不应该插手的
Sorry, I'm lost-- what are we talking about?
抱歉 我有点糊涂 我们在说什么
The girl.
那女孩
The one that I saw the fireman try to save
那个我看到消防员要救的女孩
and then saw the fireman, you know, try to kill her.
然后你知道 看到消防员要杀她
Well, I met him today.
我今天遇到他了
The fireman is her father.
那个消防员是他父亲
The fireman who killed her was her father?
那个杀她的消防员是她父亲
No, he didn't kill her; nobody killed her.
不 不是他杀的 没人杀她
The fire killed her.
是大火杀了她
I... I mean, the subject of death came up,
我的意思是 凶手出现了
剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表