剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表
still older than you when we got married,
我们结婚的时候我还是比你大
and I'm betting I'm older than you right now--
我打赌我现在还是比你大
and I'm not old...
而我还年轻呢
so you can't be.
你怎么可能就老了呢
It's not about years, it's about getting things done.
这不是年龄的问题 而是把事情做好
I was pre-law, remember?
我曾经是法学院预科生 记得吗
I took my L-SATs.
我参加了法学院入学考试
If I stuck with it, maybe I could've been an A.D.A.
如果没放弃 我也能当地区助理检察官
Why are you talking like that?
你为什么这样说
Is there a time beyond which you can't be an A.D.A.?
地区助理检察官有年龄限制吗
Is there a cutoff?
有截止日期吗
Come on, look at my life-- I've got a daughter in college.
看看我的生活 我的大女儿都已经上大学了
It just... doesn't feel like
我感觉
the moment in life where you start something.
现在才开始干一番事业为时已晚
It feels like that moment...
仿佛时间
has gone by.
已经流逝
Hey, hey.
嗨 嗨
Yeah?
啊
Huh?
唔
You all right? Sheshe gets saved.
你没事吧 她得救了
Hm? Who? Who got saved?
谁 谁得救了
The girl, the girl I dreamt about last night,
那个女孩 我昨晚梦到的
the one in the burning building.
那个困在燃烧的建筑物里的女孩
A fireman comes in and saves her.
一个消防队员冲进来救了她
She doesn't burn to death.
她没有被烧死
Is this the meaningless dream that you had last night?
就是你昨晚做的那个毫无意义的梦
Yeah? Oh, so... I don't need to worry
是吗 所以我不用再担心
about the thing that never happened,
这个梦是真是假
because even if it happened, everybody's fine?
就算是真的 大家都相安无事
Hmm, excellent.
嗯 太棒了
Nighty night. Don't let the bedbugs bite.
乖乖睡吧 晚安
It's Devalos.
是德弗洛斯
I didn't ask.
我可没问你
Hello?
你好
Allison, sorry to call so late, but I wanted you to know.
艾莉森 这么晚打搅了 我只是
Wilfredo Soto is dead.
想告诉你 威尔佛雷多·索托死了
What?
什么
Was it the man that I saw today?
是我今天看到的那个人干的吗
The one with the money and the pictures of Soto?
那个拿着钱和索托照片的人
No. It appears to have been some kind of accident.
不 看上去像是意外
I don't have all the details yet,
我现在尚未掌握所有细节
but apparently, our star witness died in a fire.
但我们的证人显然死于一场火灾
So let me understand this.
让我明确一点
There was a fire in the hotel,
酒店失火了
and Wilfredo Soto was the only fatality?
而威尔佛雷多·索托是唯一的死者
Fire started in the wall
火从墙壁开始蔓延
of the unoccupied room one floor below.
楼下一间空置的房♥间是起火点
A dozen or so hotel guests are being treated
这家酒店有十多个客人因为吸入浓烟
for smoke inhalation and minor burns,
或者轻微烧伤正在接受治疗
but Soto's the only one who died.
但是索托是唯一身亡的人
The man was in that hotel for protective custody.
他正在该酒店被保护性拘留
He was surrounded by law enforcement.
执法人员对他严加看管
How is such a thing possible, Lee?
怎么可能发生这种事 李
Well, according to the fire investigator,
根据火灾调查 这是电气火灾
an electrical fire started in a wall outlet.
起火点是墙上内嵌的电源插座
It burned the plastic insulation on the wiring inside the wall.
墙内电线的塑料绝缘体被烧着
That plastic created hydrogen cyanide
塑料燃烧时产生的氢氰酸
and carbon monoxide fumes that traveled up the vent
和一氧化碳等有毒废气 由通气孔
and into his room.
进入他的房♥间
Soto was apparently asleep when the smoke entered the room,
当烟进入房♥间时索托正在熟睡
but this stuff's so toxic,
但这些气体有剧毒
one or two inhales gets the job done.
吸入一两口就会致命
The bottom line-- it was an accident, pure and simple.
至少这是一场简单纯粹的意外事故
Okay, I'll ask again.
好吧 我再问一遍
Where was his protective detail
当那屋子里充斥着烟雾的时候
when that room was filling full of smoke
他的保镖都去哪儿了
and my witness was choking to death?
以至于我的目击证人窒息而死
I was told we had the entire floor to ourselves.
我听说整个楼层都处于我们的监视之中
We did.
的确如此
One agent was making his rounds.
一个探员负责巡逻
Two more in the next room,
另有两个探员在隔壁房♥间监视
plus a man at every exit.
每个出口都有一人站岗
When the smoke alarms went off,
当火警响起时
they all rushed into the room
他们都冲进了房♥间
just as the fire was breaking through the walls,
几乎是和火焰一起冲进那个屋子的
but it was too late, Manny.
但还是晚了一步 曼尼
He was dead before they even got to him.
他在这之前已经死了
Sorry, but, uh, for what it's worth,
抱歉 但我不得不说
that hotel has a spotless safety record.
那间酒店的安保记录无可挑剔
Nobody could have foreseen this.
没人能够预见这起事故
Okay, so, where does this leave us with the case?
好的 那么 这起意外能帮助我们破案吗
I'm not sure we still have a case.
我不确定这是否是谋杀
Channel Nine has confirmed
第九频道刚刚确认
that Wilfredo Soto, a former high-level member
威尔佛雷多·索托 一位臭名昭著的
of the notorious Oaxaca narcotics cartel,
贩毒集团的前任高级官员
died late last night in a hotel fire.
昨晚在其下榻的酒店因火灾身亡
Soto was apparently slated to testify...
索托生前显然是要出庭作证
Councilman Velez.
贝雷斯议员
Mr. District Attorney.
检察官先生
Sounds like you had a tough break.
假期过得不怎么顺利啊
I don't know.
我不知道
We're not dead yet.
这事还没完呢
Of course, haven't bothered to check my own pulse lately.
当然了 因为这事我最近总是提心吊胆的
Coffee. Black.
黑咖啡
Thank you for coming.
感谢你能前来
I'm a lowly councilman.
我只是个普通的议员
My office is in a strip mall.
我的办公室在商业区里
I get an invite from somebody like the District Attorney,
我接到了地方检察官的邀请
I'm here.
所以我就来了
Now if this is about, um, firming our Christmas plans,
如果你是来确认我们圣诞节的行程
I told my wife to tell your wife
我会让我妻子转告您妻子
that it's your turn to pick.
今年该轮到你们选旅行地点了
I just want to ski.
我只想滑雪
I doesn't matter to me what the name of the mountain is.
任何一座雪山都可以
No, it's not about that.
不 不是因为这事
Have you heard anything
你听说
about the mayor taking a run at the governor's race?
市长要竞选州长的事了吗
Maybe.
也许吧
I know you want out of that strip mall.
我知道你想要离开那片商业区
I'm guilty, Counselor.
我不该隐瞒你的 律师先生
The mayor's not planning on endorsing somebody,
市长尚未打算任命接♥班♥人
and I haven't heard that he has,
至少我还没听说
and I might take a run at it.
也许我可以自告奋勇一下
Who knows? If I make enough noise,
谁知道呢 如果我做出一番成绩
maybe he'll endorse me.
也许他会提名我
That's why I wanted to see you.
这正是我来见你的原因
Thank you.
谢谢
He's asked me to run, Benito,
他已经征询了我的意见 贝尼托
and he's offered me his endorsement.
而且他已经提名了我
Well, that makes sense.
那就说得通了
So, that's it, huh?
你想说的就这些吗
Actually, I...
实际上 我
I haven't made a decision yet.
我还没打定主意
What about you?
那么你呢
Does this... change anything?
这会改变你的想法吗
Like you said, I want out of that strip mall.
如你所说 我想离开那片商业区
I consider you a friend, Benito.
我当你是兄弟 贝尼托
Our wives are best friends...
我们的妻子也是好朋友
Well, that's not going to change.
这点不会改变
I'm just concerned.
我只是担心
剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表