剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
I'm very relieved to hear that.
因为 我想 如果您同意
Because, with your permission...
向斯蒂芬妮求婚
I want to ask Stephanie to marry me.
我的天哪
Oh, my God!
我天 同意 我当然同意
Wow. Yes, yeah, uh, yes.
但是你不必征得我的同意
But you don't have to ask me.
我还应该问一下总统吗
Oh, I should ask the president, too?
不不 我的意思是 你不必问我们俩
No, no, I just mean... well, neither of us.
斯蒂芬是成年人
Stevie's an adult, uh,
但是鉴于我们过去的关系 我很感谢你征求意见
but I appreciate the sentiment, given our past.
谢谢
Yeah, thanks.
我之前担心问讯的事
I wasn't sure with the whole investigation
不知道您是否希望我再等等
if maybe you'd want me to wait
或者根本不想再见到我
or just disappear altogether.
怎么会 生活不会受政♥治♥的影响
Nonsense, life goes on despite politics.
不过我可不敢保证斯蒂芬也能做到这一点
Although I can't make any guarantees about Stevie.
当然 我理解
Oh, of course not.
这个我会处理好的
That's on me.
你介不介意告诉我
So, if you don't mind me asking,
你打算什么时候求婚
when were you gonna pop the question?
明天晚上
Tomorrow night.
我们约了明天去吃中餐
Yeah, we're going out for Chinese food, and then...
晚餐之后我预定了
Uh-huh. ...after that, I booked
波拖马可河私人夜航
a private cruise on the Potomac.
-所以是晚餐之后 -是的
- So, after dinner? - ?Yeah.
她完全不知情
Yeah, she has no idea.
放心 我会保密的
You're secret's safe with me.
我不明白
But I don't understand
为什么我要花时间
why I have to take time out of my schedule
练习讲真话
to practice telling the truth.
因为我会坐在你旁边做法庭记录
Because I'm gonna be the counsel of record at your side.
你只有这一次机会作证 不要搞砸
You only get one chance not to screw up your testimony
别让我难堪
and making me look bad.
行 行
Okay, okay.
待办事项办得怎么样了
Where are we on the list?
环境保护局正在起草一份
The EPA is putting together a package
新的减少碳排放的措施
of new carbon-reducing measures
准备呈报国会审议
to present to Congress.
不错 开头挺好的
Good, sounds like a good start.
下一项是什么
Yeah, what's next?
今天下班前就会有一份两份草案
I will have drafts by end of the day of a bill
一份是禁止攻击性武器的法案 另一份
to ban assault weapons and an executive order
是请国家信息研究所针对枪♥支♥暴♥力♥
directing NIH to research gun violence
是一种公共卫生危机展开调研的行政令
as a public health crisis.
-棒 -糟了
- Excellent. - ?Oh, crap!
-怎么了 -我对希尼议员做了摸底调查
- What? - ?My cavity-search
但是什么也没查到
of Congressman Heeney's entire life turned up bupkis.
因三♥级♥斗殴被拘禁
I mean, detention in the third grade for fighting,
但是他动手是为了保护一个
but he was defending some poor dweeb
被一帮五年级学生当人形鞍马欺负的白♥痴♥
who was jumped by a gang of fifth-graders.
不妙 这个匹兹堡人是个跟他爸一样的圣母
Damn yinzer's a saint like his father before him.
等等 希尼是匹兹堡人
Wait, Heeney is from Pittsburg?
是啊 他和他爸
Yeah. He and his dad have been
当了这么多年的匹兹堡议员
clinging to that seat so long,
匹兹堡打算用他们的名字命名一种藤壶
Pittsburgh's gonna name a barnacle after them.
怎么了 好事吗
?What? Is that good?
有可能
Could be.
帅哥
Hey, handsome.
你是要打破世界记录吗
You going for a world record?
还剩十一秒
I have 11 seconds left.
我收到的短♥信♥了
Hey, listen, I got your text... ?
你得一五一十把迪米特里的事都告诉我
and I am dying to hear all about the Dmitri thing,
但是在这之前 你知道
but did you know...
希尼议员来自匹兹堡吗
that Congressman Heeney is from Pittsburgh?
知道啊 我小时候
Yes, I-I-I knew his old man a little bit
算是认识他父亲
when I was a kid.
这事我怎么不知道
How did I not know that?
我和他不是很熟
I didn't know him that well.
儿子我就完全不认识了
I certainly didn't know Junior.
当时我爸组织他的人手为老希尼
Back in the day, my dad organized his chapter
做过电♥话♥和上门拉票
to phone bank and door-knock for Heeney Sr.
你介不介意利用一下
Well, how do you feel about exploiting
你们父亲之间的这层关系
that paternal connection
找出为什么希尼对坎宁一再忍♥让
to suss out Heeney Jr.'s acquiescence to Canning?
我以为你不喜欢拉关系
Thought you didn't want to play politics.
我确实不喜欢
Well, I don't.
但我也不想对着断头台吹口哨
But I also don't want to go whistling to the guillotine.
这是麦克的比喻
That's Mike's metaphor.
我当然愿意去接触一下这位议员
Uh, listen, I'd be happy to reach out to the congressman.
可以追忆一下
We can reminisce about-- I don't know--
我们父亲的关系 还有他曾经支持过你
our dads and when he used to support you.
谢谢
Thank you.
迪米特里的乌龙是怎么回事
So, what about Dmitri's French farce?!
我完全忘了
So I completely forgot
之前跟他约了见面
we had this meeting on the books.
他真的打算明天晚上求婚吗 真的假的
Is he really gonna propose tomorrow night, really?!
在晚餐之后
After the dinner
正好跟斯蒂芬的求婚计划撞上了
when Stevie is proposing to him.
他甚至跟我说了他们要去中餐馆吃饭的事
He even mentioned going out for Chinese food.
我们要告诉她吗 万一
Should we warn her? I mean, just in case
她希望把这个求婚的机会让给他呢
she wants to give him a chance to propose first?
在他俩还没订婚之前
Betray the confidence of our future son-in-law
就背叛我们未来女婿的信任吗
before they're even engaged?
说得很对
Oh, very good point.
今晚杜鲁门阳台见
Truman Balcony tonight.
希尼议员来了 先生
Congressman Heeney is here, sir.
很好 谢谢
Oh, great. Thanks.
-早 麦考德博士 -你好
- Good morning, Dr. McCord. - ?Hi.
不是每天都会被邀请到白宫
It's not every day I get invited to the White House.
欢迎
Ah, well, welcome.
我还是无法相信我住在这里
I still can't believe that I live here.
请坐
Yeah. Please, have a seat.
谢谢
Thank you.
我记得你父亲曾是个工会组织者
Uh, your dad was a union organizer, I believe.
-你认识我的父亲吗 -对
- I think you knew my old man? ?- Yeah.
事实上 我记得你父亲在
In fact... I remember your dad being at my house
好多个黑麦威士忌之夜来我家
on more than a few rye-soaked evenings and them getting
然后他们磋商工会和钢铁工人的事
into it over negotiations with USW and steelmakers.
即使他们意见相同时也像是在吵架
Even when they agreed, it sounded like fighting.
"如果你努力工作
"If you work hard,
你应该能挣到很高的工资
"You should be able to earn a decent wage.
为你的家庭争取好的生活"
Make a good life for your family."
我们的父亲们每天都在吵
Our old men were in the fight every day.
现在我们在这里
And here we are.
-对 -时过境迁 但还是争来争去
- Yeah. - ?Different time. But still in it.
我知道你们的阵营有些失望
So, I understand your camp was, uh, disappointed
在听证会上我没有为了你
I didn't run interference for you
或是你的女儿进行什么干预
and your daughter at the hearings.
我们没想要什么干预 我们只是
Well, we weren't looking for interference-- we were just
希望你能在坎宁主席
hoping you would speak up when Chairman Canning
做出未经证实的指控时为我们说两句
made unsubstantiated charges.
委员会得在我们决定什么是
Well, the committee has to investigate before we can
未经证实的之前进行调查
determine what was unsubstantiated and what wasn't.
我理解
I appreciate that.
不过坎宁是在通过影射和
But Canning is making baseless accusations
揣测来做出无端的指控
through innuendo and conjecture.
并且试图操纵舆♥论♥来
And trying to manipulate public opinion
在调查结果出来之前带来
to exact a political price before the investigations
政♥治♥代价 我很惊讶
turned anything up. I-I was just surprised that
像你有这样背景的人竟然会默许这样的事
someone with your background would let that happen.
抱歉让你有这种感觉
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表