剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
通过这位女总统 看看拥有一位女总统
and find out what it looks like to have a woman president
是什么样的 顺其自然
by having one, by letting it happen
而不是寻找弊端
and not looking for the pitfalls.
国家选择了她
The country elected her,
现在是时候让她领导了
and now it's time to let her lead.
现在 让我们欢迎 纽约大都会队
And now, here they are: Your New York Mets!
杰克逊先生在总统办公室等您 总统女士
Mr. Jackson's waiting for you in the Oval, ma'am.
天哪 谢谢
Oh, gosh, thanks.
你真的不用再帮我做这些
You really don't have to do this anymore.
我想你需要在蛋清菜肉馅煎蛋饼之后再吃点别的
I thought you needed it after your egg white frittata.
腰果芝士
With cashew cheese.
坚果和芝士 如此不同的两种食物
Nuts and cheese, really two different things.
是的 总统女士
Yes, ma'am.
祝贺您投球成功 总统女士
Congratulations on the pitch, ma'am.
你会很高兴知道网络上又满是对你的好评了
You'll be happy to know the Internet loves you again.
投的球有点高 有点偏 不过也没让我丢脸
A little high and wide, but I guess I didn't embarrass myself.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好 那是一次有力的投球
Good morning. It was a solid throw
投球距离也够远 令人惊叹
and full distance from the mound. Impressive.
他对我这么温柔 真不习惯
He's so nice to me. It's hard to get used to.
黛西 我想在今天上午发表一份声明
Daisy, I want to release a statement this morning
宣布我将考虑推迟或者取消
announcing that I'll be looking into ways to delay or roll back
燃油税 然后我需要一份
the gas tax, and then I'm gonna
用于弥补赤字的
need an updated list of proposals
新收入来源的更新清单
for new revenue streams to make up the deficit.
有问题
Yes?
恕我直言 总统女士 向抗♥议♥者让步
With respect, Madam President, giving in to protesters
可能会把你在立法上的最大胜利变为失败
risks turning your biggest legislative win into a defeat.
我听到了
I hear that,
但是我不明白 为何回应那些
but I don't see how responding to the objections
我被选来为之服务的人们的反对
of the people I was elected to serve
会使我看起来软弱
makes me weak.
我知道我们都为支持率而担心
I know we're all panicked about the approval rating,
但是如果投一个球就能使人们重新爱我
but if throwing a ball makes people love me again,
那又有多重要呢
then how much could it really matter?
康纳德也不喜欢这种体育活动
Well, Conrad didn't like it, either,
但是你的支持率取决于你做事的方式
but your approval rating is how you get things done.
现在汉森和他的手下意识到
Right now Hanson and his minions are realizing
他们要把谋杀行动推迟到
they're gonna have to put off murder
下周了
until next week.
这是自然的 基于恐惧的
It's crude and it's fear-based,
但是行之有效
but it works.
好吧
Okay. Well, uh...
你这个想法可能没错
You might be right about this one,
但是我确实想开始准备那份声明了
but I do want to get to work on that statement, please.
-谢谢 -谢谢 总统女士
- Thank you. - Thanks, ma'am.
你还好吧 拉塞尔
You okay, Russell?
会没事的
I will be.
你好 德文
Hi. Devon.
我是国♥务♥院♥的妮娜·卡明斯
Nina Cummings from State.
我打过电♥话♥说要送文件来给杰克逊先生签
I called about getting the docs signed by Mr. Jackson?
他在里面 如果你想让他现在就签的话
Uh, he's in, if you want to get them signed now.
我正要出去
I'm heading out.
好吧 可以等你回来再签
Oh. Well, it can wait until you get back.
我不回来了
I'm not coming back.
我也无所谓
Not that I mind.
除了总统和我老婆 谁都不见
Unless you're the president or my wife, go away.
不好意思
Oh. Excuse me.
国♥务♥院♥需要您签字
Um, State needs your signature.
我本来想把这些留给你助理
I'd leave them with your assistant, but
但他走了 所以...
he left, so...
好吧
Fine.
我还是一切都自力更生的好
It's better if I do everything myself anyway.
外面那个德文
You know, um, Devon out there worked
为最高法♥院♥法官工作过
for a Supreme Court justice.
那他应该知道
Well, then he should have figured out
如何接电♥话♥
how to answer a phone.
是的
Yeah. Mm.
对于一个大名鼎鼎的门卫来说
For a... legendary gatekeeper,
您对他的评价之低还真有点
it's kind of surprising how little value
令人惊讶
you have of your own.
我知道很难有人可以代替阿黛尔
I know it's-it's hard to replace somebody like Adele,
但如果您能给他们一点点
but if you just give people a little bit
时间和练习的机会 而不是犯一点小错就
of time and training, instead of throwing them all
把他们扔进垃圾堆...
on the scrap heap at the first misstep...
你说完了吗
You finished?
对不起
I'm sorry.
别人不会说这种话 因为他们都怕你
No one else will say it because they're scared of you.
但这对你来说不是问题 对吗
Not a problem for you, is it?
哈里曼大使教我不要听任何人废话
Ambassador Harriman taught me not to take crap from anybody.
好
Fine.
你被录用了
You're hired.
什么
What?
如果哈里曼喜欢你 那你肯定差不到哪里去
If Harriman liked you, you're good enough for me.
我会给国务卿打电♥话♥
I'll call the secretary.
我是说 我真的以为
Wow! I mean, I was really hoping
那就是件沙鼠穿的小T恤
that it was a tiny shirt for a gerbil.
没错 是没必要为一件小T恤
Yeah, I mean, well, there's no need
申请专利 但像沙鼠可穿戴的展示T恤这样
to patent a tiny shirt, but a unique item like
独特的东西
the wearable gerbil display shirt...
需要美国专利局的保护
it requires the protection of a U.S. Patent.
-我明白 -我还能说什么
- I see. - What can I say?
你的工作比我的有意思多了
Your job is way more fun than mine.
我不知道 我觉得你的工作比较重要
I don't know. I think your job is a little more important.
-菜来了 -谢谢
- There you go. - Oh, thank you.
-你的工作也很重要 -好吧 我觉得
- That has to be important. - Well, I guess...
这对于发明这件T恤的人很重要
It's important to the person who invented it.
戴上这个如何
With this?
你在... 你在干什么
What are you... what are you doing?
我只是方便这位女士拍照
I'm just giving this lady a better shot.
这样 我们何不
Here, why don't we, uh...?
自己也拍张照片
Let's take our own photo.
来张"自♥拍♥" 你愿意的话
An "Ussie" If you will.
等等 我要把帽子戴上吗 还是算了
Oh. Wait. Should I wear the hat? No?
随便你
That's totally up to you.
好纠结 好吧 我还是戴上
Tough call. All right, I'm gonna do it.
好
Okay.
好 值得一拍
Oh, yeah, worth it.
第一女儿
在墨西哥卷餐厅约会
安克雷奇国际机场 阿♥拉♥斯加
欢迎各位乘客
Welcome, passengers.
今天下午飞往华盛顿杜勒斯国际机场的航♥班♥
We're just about to begin boarding for this afternoon's
马上就要开始登机了
flight to Dulles International Airport.
巴诺先生 你之前说你觉得
Mr. Barnow, you were saying you saw your efforts
努力遮掩伍德豪斯参议员的死
to cover up the death of Senator Woodhouse
是你作为伊丽莎白·麦考德
as part of your duties
竞选经理的职责所在
as Elizabeth McCord's campaign manager.
-参议员 -我觉得
- Senator... - I thought that
有必要对伍德豪斯参议员的死讯
the death of Senator Woodhouse was a situation
暂时保密 因为那一刻
I needed to manage, because up to that point,
我是在这样的假设下工作的
I was operating under the assumption
这是麦考德竞选过程中最糟糕的一刻
that nothing could be worse for the McCord campaign
这位非常强大又有影响力的前国务卿女士
than for this incredibly powerful, effective
看起来就像一位脆弱无助的中年妇女
Secretary of State to be seen as a weak, vulnerable woman.
然后我们到了伯灵顿
Then we got to Burlington.
没错 我想实现性别薪酬平等
Yeah, I want gender pay equity,
但我想实现的还有很多
but I want more.
我希望每一位工作着的美国人
I want a living wage
都能得到足够维持基本生活的工资
for every working American.
你们知道吗 我公公曾靠一份
You know, my father-in-law raised four kids
炼钢工人的工资 养大了四个孩子
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表