剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
...顶着炮火 詹金斯少校背负着
... close to enemy fire, Major Jenkins proceeded
身负重伤的陆战队队员前进
to carry his severely wounded fellow Marine
同时还呼叫对敌人的火力打击
all while calling in fire on the enemy.
他接着用了六个小时
He then climbed down the mountain
爬下山去 直到抵达
for six hours until they reached
可以尝试进行撤离行动的地方
an area where extraction could be attempted.
他的勇气 坚定的指挥能力
His courage, unwavering leadership
以及首创精神在那天拯救了很多人的生命
and creative initiative saved many lives that day.
詹金斯少校为自己赢得了极高的赞扬
Major Jenkins has brought great credit
并发扬了海军陆战队
upon himself and upheld the highest traditions
最崇高的传统
of the Marines.
十位陆战队员
Because of your heroic actions,
由于你的英雄壮举而得以生还
ten marines are alive today,
两位牺牲的美国英雄得以回到祖国
and two fallen American heroes came home.
上帝保佑你 布莱德·詹金斯少校
God bless you, Major Brad Jenkins.
上帝保佑我们的陆战队员和所有为国效忠的军人
God bless our marines and all those who serve.
美国海军陆战队的誓言
永远忠诚
Semper fi.
美国总统
The President of the United States,
以国会的名义
in the name of Congress,
很高兴地为美国海军陆战队退役少校
takes pleasure in presenting the Medal of Honor
布莱德·詹金斯颁发荣誉勋章
to retired Major Brad Jenkins, United States Marine Corps,
以表彰他在远远超出他的职责范围之时
for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity
不惜生命所表现出的非凡的勇气和无谓精神
at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty.
希望我的讲话不算太长
I hope I didn't talk too long.
我看见有些小孩在前面已经坐不住了
I noticed some kids squirming up front.
一定是我的孩子们 他们对什么都不感兴趣
Well, they must be mine. They're hard to impress.
您的第一个荣誉勋章仪式
Your first Medal of Honor ceremony
就如同我想象的那样精彩
was every bit as exciting as I imagined.
很好
Good.
有很多的规定
It's a lot of protocol,
我不想遗漏掉任何一个
and I didn't want to miss anything.
没有遗漏 为授勋者和他们家人举办的
Oh, you didn't. And the picnic and the games
野餐会和游戏就不会那么有压力了
for the honorees and their families will be less stressful.
那还挺值得期待的有意思的事
Well, that's something fun to look forward to.
哦 对了
And, so happens,
捧鸡蛋跑步比赛 我手都挺稳的
I have a very steady hand when it comes to an egg race.
我还是做啦啦队吧
Mm. Well, I'll have to be a cheerleader.
我看见了 什么情况啊
I saw that. What happened?
以色列格斗术的练习赛里我被踢了
I got kicked during a Krav Maga sparring match.
我以为你不再和那个以色列的人交往了呢
I thought you stopped seeing the Israeli guy.
他是不在了 但以色列格斗术我没扔
Oh, he's gone, but the Krav Maga stuck around.
提醒您一下 我今天下午不在
And just as a reminder, I won't be available this afternoon.
我有件事
I have to go to something
还不允许我和您说
I'm not allowed to discuss with you.
很好
Well, good to know.
对那件我一无所知的事 祝你好运
And good luck with the thing I know nothing about.
亨利·麦考德博士 我正找您呢
Dr. Henry McCord, just the man I've been looking for.
詹金斯少校
Major Jenkins.
恭喜您 我还想再用陆战队的方式欢呼一下
May I say congratulations, and I would like to add oorah.
好战友
Yut!
这位是我的幕僚长
This is my chief of staff,
埃文·摩尔上尉
Captain Evan Moore.
很荣幸 少校
It is a privilege, Major.
本可以成为很牛的陆战队员
Would've been a damn fine marine,
但被陆军给抢走了
but Army won that battle.
-阿富汗吗 上尉 -三次派遣去了伊♥拉♥克♥
- Afghanistan, Captain? - Three deploys to Iraq.
七团二营的
2nd Battalion 7th Cavalry.
第四次派驻时 简易炸♥弹♥
On the fourth tour, I, uh, met the IED that ended
结束了我的军旅生涯
that part of my career.
希望退伍军人管理局的给你提供了支持
Well, I hope the V.A. came through for you,
而不像我共事过的一些退伍军人那样
unlike some of the veterans I work with.
我可以这么说
Well, let me just say
我很荣幸能与麦考德博士一起共同推进
it's been a privilege getting to work with Dr. McCord on getting
退伍军人心理健康现代化法案通过
the V.A. Mental Health Modernization Bill passed.
对啊
Ah, yes.
对退伍军人管理局进行革新
Modernizing the V.A.
信息技术基础设施 扩大并改进
I.T. infrastructure, expanding and improving
消除无家可归者的计划
programs to end homelessness.
-这法案拖了太久了 -非常同意
- This bill's way overdue. - Couldn't agree more.
我与新返乡的老兵一起工作 告诉你
I work with newly returned vets, and I can tell you,
退伍军人管理局的某些官僚作风和
some of the red tape and computer glitches
计算机故障非常影响士气的
at the V.A. can be demoralizing.
为了让他们充分理解这一点
I'm afraid I've, uh, cracked
我恐怕把管理办公室的墙
some of the plaster at the administrative offices
都敲裂了一些
trying to explain that to them.
这并不是退伍军人管理局的问题
It's not the V.A.'s fault.
他们人手不足经费短缺
They're understaffed and underfunded.
是议会应该做好他们的事
Congress needs to do their job.
如果有什么我可以做的...
So, if there's anything I can do...
如果能对法案的通过有帮助的话
Hell, I'll even do public service announcements
让我带着勋章去做公益广♥告♥我都愿意
wearing my medal if it'll help pass this bill.
我想不需要我告诉你 少校
I suppose I don't have to tell you this, Major,
不要轻易许诺啊 我可有证人
but be careful what you volunteer for, and I have a witness.
而且是那种穷追猛打的人
Oh, with mean follow-through.
-那就来吧 -你觉得
- Try me. - How would you feel
今天下午去参议院退伍军人事务委员会
about addressing the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee
发个言怎么样
this afternoon?
计划是我去发言
I was scheduled to speak,
但我觉得你的意见更应该让他们听听
but I think you're the guy they really need to hear from.
那就让我上吧
Let me at 'em.
我会去通知委员会
I will, uh, notify the committee.
你一整天都坐在这吗
Have you been sitting here all day?
连碗都没洗
Not doing your dishes?
今天不是还没结束的吗
Oh, well, the day's not over.
我会洗的 老妈
I will wash them, Mom.
如果我是老妈 我就替你洗了
If I were Mom, I'd wash them for you.
你得出去看看
You need to get out of this apartment.
让脑子清醒清醒
Clear your mind.
你给斯蒂芬打电♥话♥了吗
Did you call Stevie?
没有 我还在忙着获得美国国籍呢
No. I'm a little preoccupied with becoming a U.S. Citizen.
他们把这玩意弄得很复杂
You know, they don't make this stuff easy.
听这个
Listen to this.
"《联邦论》支持了
"The Federalist Papers supported the passage
美国宪法的颁布
"of the U.S. Constitution.
- 说出其中一位作者的名字" -好家伙
- Name one of the authors." - Wow.
你学会了这个之后 你会打给斯蒂芬吗
After you learn that, are you going to call Stevie?
我在这有三个目标
Look, I-I have three goals while I'm here:
成为美国公民
to become a U.S. Citizen,
找个工作 还有陪陪我姐姐
to get a job, and to-to spend some time with my sister.
你忘了受苦了
You forgot suffer,
因为你内心深处是想给斯蒂芬打电♥话♥的
because deep down, you want to call Stevie,
但你不去打
but you don't.
这是典型的... 俄♥罗♥斯♥人
It's just so... Russian.
我不确定她想接到我的电♥话♥
I'm-I'm not so sure she wants to hear from me.
只有一个办法能确定啊
If only there was a way to find out.
可那样的话 你就要放弃
Ah, but then you'd have to give up
这种纠结受罪的状态并...
this tortured state and...
真的去弄清楚她是怎么想的
really find out how she feels.
至少有一件事你是对的
Well, you're right about one thing.
我该去洗碗了
Should have done my dishes.
格兰特女士 你曾以当时的国务卿
Ms. Grant, did you ever travel to Iran
伊丽莎白·麦考德的
as press secretary
新闻发言人的身份访问过伊朗吗
to then Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord?
没有
No.
但当伊朗代表团来出席合约签字仪式时
But I did meet the Iranian delegation
我的确见过他们
when they came here for the signing of the treaty.
请你告诉我在他们逗留期间 你结识了
Can you tell me if you got to know any Iranian nationals
-任何伊朗人吗 -是的
- during their time here? - Yes.
因为我工作的关系 我主要是
Because of my work, I dealt mostly
与前来报道签约的伊朗媒体打交道
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表