剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
The lies you've been spewing about that deal these past years
对美国的安全没有任何帮助
have done nothing for American security...
-我讨厌这样 总统女士 -很可惜
- I resent that, Madam. - Too bad.
弄清事实吧
Get your facts straight.
现在 我不是来这讨论那次协议的
Now, I'm not here to relitigate that deal.
你想要什么
What do you want?
恢复我的名声
My reputation back!
委员会职务
Committee assignments.
那取决于你的党派
That's up to your party.
我要在你签署法案时站在你身边
I want to be right by your side for the bill signing,
我要成为你第一个握手
and I want to be the first person
并表示感谢的人
whose hand you shake and thank,
我还要你亲自
and then I want you to personally
游说拉米雷兹和霍普金斯
lobby Ramirez and Hopkins
恢复我的委员会职务
to restore my committee assignments.
做得好 总统女士
Well done, Madam President.
香肠就是这样做的
That's how the sausage gets made.
这足以让我想成为一个彻底的素食主义者
Enough to make me want to go full-on vegan.
你做到了 下一步
You got it done. Next order of business,
更新的新参谋长备选名单
updated shortlist of the new chief of staff options.
你喜欢谁
Who do you like?
我喜欢现在的团队
I like this.
我不想让任何新人加入
I-I don't want to break in anyone new.
去和杰伊说啊
Tell that to Jay.
-你得放下这件事 -那你得先放过我
- You got to let that go. - If you will let me go.
自从戈登去世后 我一直在重新评估事情
Ever since Gordon died, I've been reevaluating things.
他是我生命中仅有的完全纯真 诚实的部分
He was the only totally pure and honest part of my life,
在华盛顿这并不能说明什么
which, being in D.C., isn't saying much,
但还是如此
but still.
我刚接受了他本来的样子
I just accepted him for who he was.
如果他 如果他在我的浴垫上大便
If he... if he took a crap on my bath mat or
或者试图把金子背过马路
tried to hump the golden across the street,
我只是 我一直知道他是忠于他自己的内心
I just, I always knew he was being true to himself,
在那个当下
in the moment.
这是他给我的最有意义的礼物
It was his most profound gift to me.
关于如何活着的课
A lesson in how to live,
我 我在努力以此为荣
and I'm-I'm trying to honor that.
听着 我会...
Look, I would...
我会为你挡在子弹头列车前面 贝丝
I would stand in front of a bullet train for you, Bess,
而且我现在还能用到
which I can now
《教育科学和基础设施法案》中的基础设施部分
with the infrastructure part of the ESI bill,
但我必须相信我的直觉
but I have to trust my gut on this.
好的 我不会再勉强你了
Okay, I'll stop begging.
谢谢
Thank you.
你不会怀念这件办公室吗
Aren't you gonna miss this office?
我可不会放弃这间办公室
Oh, I'm not giving this up.
新人可以再找一间 我先来的
The new guy can get another one. I was here first.
怎么了
What?
你刚提醒了我要找谁代替你
You just made me realize who I want to replace you.
恭喜你的《教育科学和基础设施法案》取得首次胜利
Congrats on your first victory with the ESI bill.
最多还差两票
You get two more, tops,
前提是对伊朗的调查
and that's if this Iran investigation
不会影响到你
doesn't cripple you.
我也很高兴见到你 拉塞尔
It's good to see you, too, Russell.
草坪真漂亮
Lawn looks nice.
是啊 卡罗尔把园丁解雇了
Yeah. Carol fired the gardener
所以我也可以做点轻松的事
so I'd have something relaxing to do.
这应该算是禅道之类的
It's supposed to be Zen or something.
没人会跟你谈论杂草
Nobody tells you about weeds.
你知道它们有多讨厌吗
Do you realize what a pain in the ass they are?
永远无法根除 像那些说客一样
They never stop. They're like lobbyists.
好 那我就开门见山吧
Well, then, I'll get right to the point.
很抱歉我不请自来
I'm sorry to drop in unannounced
但我知道如果我事先打过招呼
but I knew that if I gave you a heads-up
卡罗尔肯定会过来干预
then Carol would run interference.
你想让我做什么压力很大的事
You want me to do something... stressful.
只是临时的
Just temporarily.
我想让你做我过渡时期的
I want you to step in as my chief of staff
幕僚长
for a transition period.
我知道你已经为道尔顿政♥府♥做了八年
I know you've already given eight years
这个工作 可能已经受够了
of this job to Dalton, and you may be over it,
但现在是决定我政策推进成效的
but this moment in time is going to determine
关键时刻
how effective I am going forward,
而且
and...
我真的很需要你
I really need you.
先别给我答复 因为我...
Don't answer, because I-I...
我知道你要先跟卡罗尔商量
I know you got to talk it over with Carol,
而且如果你拒绝 我也理解
and if it's "No," I understand.
但我还是得问问
I had to ask.
卡罗尔
Carol?!
给园丁打电♥话♥
Call the gardener!
我也要感谢参议员博勒加德·米勒
I also need to thank senator Beauregard Miller
麦考德总统任期第100天
是他决定性的一票让我们有了今天
whose decisive vote made this day possible.
参议员
Senator,
我们将永远铭记
your bold leadership
您勇敢地带头支持
on this historic bill
这一具有历史意义的法案
will always be remembered.
谢谢你 也谢谢大家
Thank you, and thank you to everyone
为推出这部法案所作出的努力
who came together to get this done.
这就是您就职头100天所取得的成就
And that right there is how you do the first 100 days in office.
祝贺您 总统女士
Congratulations, Madam President.
这是非常重大的胜利
It's a momentous victory.
没有你们俩我可做不成这件事
Well, I couldn't have done it without the both of you.
-没错 -特别是你 第一先生
- Well, that's true. - Especially you, FGOTUS.
我很乐意和你一起创造历史
It's been a pleasure making history with you.
好吧
Okay.
及时行乐吧
Enjoy it while it lasts,
因为伊朗崩溃会是个噩梦
'cause this Iran debacle is gonna be a nightmare.
他们会千方百计利用这件事
They are gonna pull out all the stops,
榨干可以利用的每一滴鲜血
milk every bit of lifeblood out of it.
来点酒吗 拉塞尔
Drink, Russell?
一小杯就行
Just a small one.
我只想尝尝
Well, I want to taste it.
谢谢
Thank you.
共赴战场
Unto the breach.
说得好
Hear, hear.
我想要回我的办公室
Oh, I'm taking my office back.
什么
What?
是我先来的
I was here first.
美国实验
The American Experiment
当选前120天
旨在给大家一条前进支路
is about giving everyone a way forward
即使在我们各持己见时也是如此
even when we disagree.
事实上 各持己见也正是我们民♥主♥的特点
In fact, disagreement is the hallmark of our democracy.
我们尊重公民的权利
We respect our Constitution
就是在尊重我们的宪法
by respecting our fellow citizens,
即使在我们得不到想要的一切时
even when we don't get everything we want,
即使在我们存在强烈分歧时也是如此
even when we disagree passionately.
这就是民♥主♥
That is democracy.
现在我的一位对手
Now one of my opponents,
他对最近关于自己的报道不满意
he hasn't liked what he's been reading about himself lately,
于是他猛烈抨击媒体
so he's lashed out at the media in ways
我觉得他采取的方式破坏了新闻自♥由♥
that I believe undermine freedom of the press,
新闻自♥由♥是庄严铭刻于宪法中的公民权利
which is enshrined in our Constitution.
麦考德的任期是否正开始走向终点
而且他还疯狂攻击对手
And he has engaged in attacks...
用人身攻击的方式
personal attacks... against his opponents
美国参议院
情报特别委员会
这不仅与重要的政策辩论无关
that are not only irrelevant to important policy debates,
而且是毫无意义的干扰
but are meaningless distractions
有失我们政♥府♥办公室的体面
that are beneath the dignity of the office we seek.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表