剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
Congressman, if you were a freshman in my ethics class,
我会给你不及格的
I would give you an "F."
你毫无逻辑...
You have no logic...
-拜托 教授 我认为... -让我说完
- Really, Professor, because I think... - ?May I finish?
或者这里就是这样的
O-Or is-is that how this works?
你想说什么就说什么 而我都不能回答
You get to make up whatever you want and I don't get to answer?
请说
Please.
我们大多数人认为道德是道德行为的规则
Most of us think of ethics as the rules of moral behavior.
你的行为体现你的本质
You are what you do.
但是我教的是一种更偏向神学的方法
But I teach a more theological approach
既美德伦理学
called virtue ethics.
美德伦理学说我们是谁
Virtue ethics says that who we are
并不取决于我们的行动
is not determined by the actions we take,
而是我们采取行动的原因
but why we take them.
所以你不能从我妻子的经历中挑选一些事
So you can't just spin out some wild theory based on
然后据此编造一些疯狂的理论
a few cherry-picked facts from my wife's record.
你需要考虑她的动机
You have to consider her motives.
如果你看看伊丽莎白·麦考德
And if you look at Elizabeth McCord's
几十年来的服务记录
decades-long record of service,
你可以清楚地看到一个
you see a woman clearly motivated
受柏拉图的四大美德所激励的女人
by Plato's four key virtues:
智慧 勇气 节制 正义
wisdom, courage, temperance and justice.
我建议您好好看看
I suggest you look into them.
我相信你认为
I'm sure you believe
你的妻子是无懈可击的 麦考德博士
your wife is infallible, Dr. McCord,
正如我相信你认为
just as I believe you think your posts
你在道尔顿和麦考德政♥府♥的职位
in the Dalton and McCord administrations
是基于功绩的
were based on merit.
正如你相信
Just as you believe your destruction
为了满足你妻子的政♥治♥野心
of a young man's life
而毁掉一个年轻人的生命
to serve your wife's political ambition
是没问题的
was somehow justified.
你的错觉是造就悲剧的部分原因
And your delusion is part of the tragedy.
希尼议员
Congressman Heeney.
我...
I, uh...
我的时间交由主席先生
I yield my time to the chairman.
欢迎麦考德总统
All hail president McCord.
沃尔克先生 欢迎回家
Mr. Volk. Welcome home.
能回来真是太好了
It's truly wonderful to be back.
自我第一次离婚后
I haven't felt this liberated
从未感到如此自♥由♥
since my first divorce.
拜托 给我们来个新闻循环吧
Please, just give us one damn news cycle.
麦考德最大的捐助人
News of McCord megadonor
伊莱·沃尔克在俄♥罗♥斯♥获释的消息
Eli Volk's release from capture in Moscow
科技巨富获救
引发一阵猜测
has unleashed a flurry of speculation.
参议院情报委员会的主席
Here with us to give his perspective
要和我们谈谈他的想法
is Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee,
马克·汉森参议员 参议员
Senator Mark Hanson. Senator?
谢谢 特蕾西 我们总是对这届政♥府♥
Thank you, Tracy. You know, we always have to be skeptical
马克·汉森参议员
持怀疑态度 因为他们...
with this administration because they are...
他们确实善于
they are truly skillful
操控舆♥论♥和媒体
at manipulating public opinion and the media.
操纵媒体的人如是说
Says the guy manipulating the media.
...今天下午的奇观
...the spectacle this afternoon.
总统最大的资助人之一
One of the president's biggest donors
沃尔克向麦考德总统鞠躬
今天早些时候在安德鲁斯空军基地
literally bowing down to her like royalty
像皇室成员那样向她鞠躬
earlier today at Andrews Air Force Base.
这个国家很久以前就推♥翻♥了君主制
This country did overthrow a monarchy quite some time ago.
有人猜测伊莱·沃尔克的
There has been some speculation that it's possible
整个事件可能是
this entire story of Eli Volk
被伊朗绑♥架♥这整件事可能会是麦考德擅长
being kidnapped by Iran could be another example of McCord's
操纵媒体的又一实例
brilliant media manipulation.
这家伙能歇歇吗
Does this guy ever stop?
通常情况下 我对这种谣言
Now, normally, I'm-I'm deeply skeptical
深表怀疑
of these sorts of rumors,
但你不得不问自己 为什么总统会允许
but you have to ask yourself, why would the president allow
这些所谓的绑♥架♥犯从美国♥军♥事基地
these so-called kidnappers to fly home to Tehran
飞回到德黑兰的家中
from a U.S. armed military base
-却丝毫不加以... -行了 够了
- without a single... - All right, that's enough.
我要停一下
I'm gonna need to make a stop.
谢谢你打电♥话♥给我
Thanks for calling.
我希望这样做不会太公开
I hope this isn't too public.
不 没事
No, it's fine.
我差不多决定要过自己的生活了 知道吗
Um, I kind of just decided to live my life, you know?
很抱歉我对毒瘾的事
I'm sorry that I had such a reaction
有那样的反应
to the addiction thing.
不 我...
Oh. No, I'm...
我很抱歉让你从全国电视上得知这事
I'm sorry you had to find out on national television.
我觉得我会有这种反应主要是因为...
I think mostly it threw me because, um...
在父母均为情报人员的家庭长大
Well, growing up with parents in intelligence,
你就会有种思维定式 觉得
you kind of get used to there always being
别人说的话总会另有隐情
this other story behind what you're told.
所以 对 我就是觉得
So, yeah. I just... I think I get sensitive
我对真♥相♥很敏感 明白吗
about what the truth is, you know?
我明白
I know.
如果你能听我解释
And if I can explain...
对 就像你在阿♥拉♥斯加那段时间
Yeah, like-like your time in Alaska.
你告诉我你那时是单身
Um, you told me that you were alone.
虽然这样做不太光彩
And, uh, I'm not proud of this,
但我还是浏览了你的社交媒体
but I-I went through your social media,
然后看到这位酒保女士
and I saw this one bartender lady
给你所有帖子都点了赞
loved all of your posts.
这不关我的事 而且我发誓我不在乎
So none of my business, and I-I swear I don't care...
-你必须要知道的事 -不 没事
- The thing you have to know is that... - ?No, it's fine.
只是请别对我撒谎
Just please don't lie to me.
好吗 你在阿♥拉♥斯加有个女朋友
Okay? You had a girlfriend in Alaska.
-这完全正常 -她不是我女朋友
- It's a totally normal thing. - She was not my girlfriend.
她当时在城里的酒吧工作 而且
She worked at this one bar in town, and...
不 你当时有女朋友我很高兴
No, I-I'm happy that you had someone.
真的 只是...
Really. It's just...
拜托别告诉我你当时单身
Please, don't-don't tell me that you were alone.
不 但我当时是单身
No, but-but I was.
我是说 没错 我们曾
I mean, yes, we were...
我们在一起过几次
we were together a few times,
-但那没有任何意义 -真的吗
- but it meant nothing. - ?Really?
比蒂也会这么说吗
Is that how Bitty would describe it?
我不知道
I don't know.
她觉得我没意思 而且她说得对
Look, she thought I was no fun, and she was right.
-我心里有别人 -这不是重点
- I had someone else on my mind. - That's not the point.
我应该跟你说实话的
I-I should have been honest.
对不起
I'm sorry.
但我本可以说你当时也有男朋友
But I could mention you're the one who had a boyfriend,
而我什么都没说
and I-I didn't say anything.
对 好吧 因为...
Yeah, well, because...
我从没试图隐瞒过这件事
I never tried to hide it.
你当然什么都没说
Of course you didn't say anything.
你就像杰森·伯恩[《谍影重重》主角]
You're like Jason Bourne.
只是
Just...
所以因为我当过间谍我就没有任何感情吗
Oh, so now I have no feelings because I was a spy?
我不知道 我觉得我只是在...
I don't know. I think I'm just...
重新调整
...recalibrating.
斯蒂芬 除了我姐姐
Stevie, you know me better
你最了解我了
than anyone except my sister.
你觉得我看到你放下我开始新生活的
Do you think it was easy for me seeing pictures
照片不会觉得难过吗
of you moving on without me?
拜托 别像陌生人似的看着我
Please, don't ever look at me like you don't know me.
求你了
Please.
对不起
Sorry.
自从我来到这里 就失去了我的祖国
Since I came here, I lost my country.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表