剧集 | 法律与秩序真实重案:梅内德斯兄弟(2017) | 导航列表
Your choice, Mr. Levin.
我会让陪审团回来
We'll bring the jury back in.
律师们 你们可以回座位了
Counselors, you can return to your seats.
回座位 艾布拉森女士
Back to your seat, Ms. Abramson.
回来换身衣服就得走
Just came home for change.
我得回办公室和巴瑞一起工作
I have to go right back to the office to work with Barry.
艾丹睡了吗
Is Aidan asleep?
睡了
Yes.
莱斯 你知道你这个表情
I know that look, Les.
发生了什么事吗
Something happened?
是的 韦斯伯格成功地让我闭了嘴
Yes, Weisberg succeeded in shutting me up
就因为一个技术性细节 就让我闭了嘴
for a nothing technicality. He shut me up.
什么叫让你闭了嘴
What do you mean, shut you up?
他让我不能向陪审团
He made it impossible for me
作我的结案陈词
to give my closing statement to the jury.
这是我最擅长的
It's what I do best.
该死
Oh, God damn it.
这是我最擅长的
It's what I do best.
康恩的论点 他唯一的论点就是
Well, Conn's argument-- his only argument--
埃里克和莱尔一直都在说谎
is gonna be that Erik and Lyle lied about everything.
所以 你要展示给陪审团看
So, you just have to show the jury
这样的论证有多荒唐
that that argument is ludicrous.
坦白说 莱斯
Now, to tell you the truth, Les,
我好久没有作结案陈词了
I mean, I haven't given a closing in a while,
更别说死刑案件的了
let alone a capital case.
我的意思是 应该由你来做
I mean, this should be you.
事已至此
It is what it is.
韦斯伯格压制的不是我
Weisberg didn't silence me.
他压制的是埃里克和莱尔
He silenced Erik and Lyle,
就像他们的父母一样
just like their parents silenced them.
你知道 提醒一下陪审团
You know, it wouldn't hurt
你当过海军还当过警♥察♥不会有坏处的
to remind the jury that you're a marine and a cop,
那样你就不会显得软心肠了
so you don't come off like some bleeding heart.
怎么了 你还好吗
What's the matter? Are you all right?
就是 流鼻血了
Oh, it's just a-- it's a nosebleed.
没事的 我时不时会这样
It's nothing, I-- I get them from time to time.
到了我们这个年纪 流鼻血不能不当回事了
Well, at our age, nosebleeds aren't nothing.
巴瑞 这是淤青吗
Barry, are those bruises?
你到底怎么了
What did you do?
没有 这 这是最近才有的
No, it's--it's a new thing.
我很容易就有淤青
I bruise really easily.
我浑身都是这样
I-I got them all over.
你有看过医生吗
Well, have you seen a doctor?
看过 他们不知道是怎么回事
Yeah, they don't know what's going on.
等这一切结束了 我会去做些检查
I'll get some tests done when this is over.
我时不时会有点疲惫 但明天不会这样的
I get a little tired sometimes, but I'll be okay tomorrow.
是 我知道你不会的
Well, yeah, I mean, I know you will.
你会表现得很好的
You will do great.
你这么帅 陪审团会很喜欢的
Jury's gonna love a handsome devil like you.
是啊
Yeah.
凡奈斯法♥院♥
1996年4月11日
埃里克撒了谎 就这么简单
Erik lied. Plain and simple.
他哥哥也是
And so did his brother.
玛塔·卡诺和其他亲戚也说了谎
So did Marta Cano and the other relatives.
这两个健康的年轻人没有遭到虐待
These two healthy, young men were not abused
也没有足够的理由犯下这起谋杀
and there is no good reason for these murders.
如果把这些令人愤怒的因素
If you carefully balance each of the aggravating factors
一个个和辩方提供的
against the country club abuse defense
豪♥宅♥虐待案辩护相比呢
that these defendants presented?
根本不能比
No.
就像拿砖块和羽毛♥相♥比一样
It's like weighing bricks and feathers.
这里是砖块
Here's the bricks over here.
是这个案子的可怕之处
The horror of this crime.
它让天平向这边倾斜
It tilt the scales this way
而不是这边的羽毛
against the feathers over here
太多网球 太少拥抱
of too much tennis and not enough hugs.
应该判埃里克和莱尔·梅内德斯死刑
Erik and Lyle Menendez deserve the death penalty.
他们将是罪有应得
You won't be giving them anything they didn't earn.
康恩先生想让你们得出埃里克和莱尔
Mr. Conn would like you to conclude that Erik and Lyle
是冷血杀手的结论
are cold-blooded killers,
而他们应得的回报是死刑
whose just reward is the death penalty.
他们没有留情
They showed no mercy,
所以他们不值得被宽恕
so they're entitled to no mercy.
受害人死了 所以他们也该死
The victims are dead, so they need to die.
这是报复
That's revenge.
在法庭上
In a court of law,
不会为了报复而判处死刑
you don't impose the death sentence for revenge.
抱歉
Excuse me.
我曾在越南作战
I was in military combat in Vietnam,
也曾是洛杉矶警署的一名警♥察♥
and I was a police officer with the LAPD.
在战争中 街头上 法庭里
In war and on the street and in a court room,
都存在着人道对待我们同胞的
there exists a code of conduct for the humane treatment
行为守则
of our fellow man.
你不能枪毙投降的人
You can't shoot someone who's surrendering.
不能走上战场
You cannot walk out onto the battlefield
射杀伤员
and shoot the wounded enemy.
警♥察♥也不能对被追击者开枪
And a police officer doesn't shoot the pursuit.
在你们必须做出的这个决定中
In the decision that you must make,
你们可以在坚定的同时保持同情
you can be firm but compassionate.
可以在强势的同时保持怜悯
You can be strong and merciful.
这不是软弱
These are not weaknesses.
而是力量
These are strengths.
你们将要做出的决定
Now, the decision you make
是不可逆的
is irreversible.
如果你赞成死刑
If you vote for the death penalty,
埃里克和莱尔就会被处决
Erik and Lyle will be executed.
一切就都结束了
It's done.
我请求你们
I beg you.
请你们轻判这两个年轻人
Please, please spare these young men.
你们将永远不会后悔这个决定
It's a decision you will never, ever regret.
万分感谢
Thank you very much.
如果他们被判处死刑
You know, if they end up on death row,
就还是老调重弹
it'll be the same old, same old.
我遇见的每个死囚犯都在童年遭受猥亵
Everyone I've ever met on the row was molested as a kid.
你之后有何打算
What are you gonna do after this?
退休 享受家庭生活
Retire. Be with my family.
你应该自荐当法官
You know, you should put yourself up for the judgeship.
肯定有很多人支持你
You'd get a lot of support.
永远不可能的 巴瑞
That is never gonna happen, Barry.
为什么
Why's that?
十二年前我有个委托人
I had a client 12 years ago--
一个卖♥♥给了卧底警♥察♥十美元毒品的瘾君子
a junkie who sold a dime bag to an undercover--
我想让他认罪轻判 但地方检察官想重判
I tried to plead him out, but the DA wanted hard time.
因此我的委托人入狱了
So, my guy goes to prison,
但他患有糖尿病
except he's a diabetic,
当他在狱中没有得到药物治疗时
and when he doesn't get his medication in prison,
他就死了
he died.
因此我给地方检察官写了信
So, I wrote a letter to the DA congratulating him
祝贺他成为第一个
for being the first DA
因售卖♥♥十美元海♥洛♥因♥而判处死刑的地方检察官
to get the death penalty for the sale of a dime bag of heroin.
自那以后 每次我被提名担任法官
Ever since, the DA's office has blocked my nomination
地检办公室都拦了下来
for judgeship every time my name's comes up.
好吧
Yeah.
他们没错 我确实不该成为法官
Well, they're right. I shouldn't be a judge.
那需要不偏不倚
I would have to be impartial.
但我不想如此中立
I don't wanna be impartial.
世界上充满了在灾难来临时
The world is filled with people walking around being impartial
仍毫无偏见的人们
while disaster is striking.
我不想与他们为伍
I don't wanna be one of them.
我很高兴自己不在陪审室里
I'm glad I'm not in that jury room.
不是说我反对死刑
剧集 | 法律与秩序真实重案:梅内德斯兄弟(2017) | 导航列表